DEAL Offer now closed @dealerinsider

I put cash down. They sent a letter to irs cause it was over 10000

Did they tell you that or did you receive something from the IRS? Typically, transactions at $10k (or above) are automatically received by the IRS as some sort of notification. This applies to bank accounts as well (and certainly cash transactions).

FinCen requires a SAR to be filed when more than 10K is wired, transferred or transacted. Just get a receipt and you should be fine. Keep your receipt come tax time or just put down $9,999.00

FinCen requires a SAR to be filed when more than 10K is wired, transferred or transacted. Just get a receipt and you should be fine. Keep your receipt come tax time or just put down $9,999.00

Right. A cashiers check, for example, would be treated as "cash" thus requiring an 8300 Form... unless the cashiers check is more than $10k. In that case, as you had said, it would be required to be reported to FinCen.

Technically I think they would be completing a CTR (Currency Transaction Report). A SAR (Suspious Activity Report) are utilized in cases where individuals are structuring their deposits to avoid a CTR. CTR's are common in the financial world. SAR's not so much...and tend to get more IRS attention.

As the above said, save paperwork and yoi will be fine. Enjoy the truck!

Did they tell you that or did you receive something from the IRS? Typically, transactions at $10k (or above) are automatically received by the IRS as some sort of notification. This applies to bank accounts as well (and certainly cash transactions).
Got a letter from dealer saying they sent irs a form

Big fat NO

I thought there was a post from earlier today where a guy was successful getting some money off (from the increases), but I can't find it now. It wasn't at Chapman etiher, IIRC.

I thought there was a post from earlier today where a guy was successful getting some money off (from the increases), but I can't find it now. It wasn't at Chapman etiher, IIRC.
I wish there was with Chapman, this truck is about $5,000 more than when ordered. Might go up another $5k more before I get it. Lol

I see the base went up another 1100 and 295 for level 2 just today. How does chapman not price protect when every other dealership is? I ordered from chapman because they were the closest dealership to me offering any kind of deal. Now my truck is over $5000 more expensive than it was when I ordered in August. Had I received my truck in a timely manor I wouldn't have to worry about price increases. This is u acceptable

I see the base went up another 1100 and 295 for level 2 just today. How does chapman not price protect when every other dealership is? I ordered from chapman because they were the closest dealership to me offering any kind of deal. Now my truck is over $5000 more expensive than it was when I ordered in August. Had I received my truck in a timely manor I wouldn't have to worry about price increases. This is u acceptable
Same boat as you! Didn’t think it would be 5 months and still in D, plus all the price increases!

Has anyone talked to Tom? Tom was running his mouth on how stand up of a guy he and his company were.

He used to post all the time. So basically, Chapman lied, got orders, the took a big steaming dump on people, and saying "tough shit suckas!"

And then after that, the chicken shit just logged off of the message board, and hid?

Is that an accurate summary?
I don’t think that’s accurate at all. Go back to the very first post on this thread. He was very clear about things. Crystal clear.

Has anyone talked to Tom? Tom was running his mouth on how stand up of a guy he and his company were.

He used to post all the time. So basically, Chapman lied, got orders, the took a big steaming dump on people, and saying "tough shit suckas!"

And then after that, the chicken shit just logged off of the message board, and hid?

Solid third post here, Wiggs. 😎

Did you place an order with them?

I don’t think that’s accurate at all. Go back to the very first post on this thread. He was very clear about things. Crystal clear.
Exactly right. It is in the first post in this thread in bold text but Mr Shit-for-brains wants to talk shit about him.

My experience with Tom and everyone at Chapman was 1000% perfect and I was admittedly fortunate to receive my loaded L2 truck in December after only 11 weeks...

Last edited:

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back