NEW ORACLE Lighting 7" Multifunction 60W LED Spotlight with Post Mount for RAM TRX

Center using the directions is the center hole in the photo. Then the new hole 1/2 up that the cutter bit is in. For the 7” oracle lights, the overall hole is going to be into the end of the backing that is being cut. Would be great if there were directions for marking the original hole measuring from the back side, instead of from making a home through the front grill.

Attachments

• D366D8A6-AEF3-4D33-BBA3-88877B06AE29.jpeg
    D366D8A6-AEF3-4D33-BBA3-88877B06AE29.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 37
I have not personally installed the oracle lights so I do not have a definitive answer for you. My guess is to put the hole just below the top (folded edge).

Center using the directions is the center hole in the photo. Then the new hole 1/2 up that the cutter bit is in. For the 7” oracle lights, the overall hole is going to be into the end of the backing that is being cut. Would be great if there were directions for marking the original hole measuring from the back side, instead of from making a home through the front grill.
Have you measured the lights? Are they a true 7" in diameter?

Yes they are the same ones Smoke installed. I made the cut. Went ok. But now i am curious about the excess metal that protrudes out from the metal mount. Do i need to cut that into the shroud as well?

Attachments

• 398557C1-21F2-4824-8AC3-A5794B9C6350.jpeg
    398557C1-21F2-4824-8AC3-A5794B9C6350.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 50
Moving the hole 1/2 inch higher puts the top of the hole up against the top rounded folded edge of the plastic. Im nervous man.
Ya you have to get it right under that edge ‼️

Yep thats what i did. Wife already left. Kids went to friends house. Everyone could see it in my eyes….
High stress! 😂

Maybe i need to refer back to #6

Yes they are the same ones Smoke installed. I made the cut. Went ok. But now i am curious about the excess metal that protrudes out from the metal mount. Do i need to cut that into the shroud as well?
Do not cut the mount! You have it installed wrong..... The mounts go on from behind and the bolts go back in the same direction they were in before.

The 7” oracles need that hole mark adjusted, not only 1/2” higher, but both 1/2” outward as well. I will have to cut the holes a bit wider (outward)effectively making it a bit of an oval. But it should still look good. Thanks for the help guys. 👊🏻

I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with the end result. It wasn’t easy, at least not for me. Automotive electrical wiring etc is not my forte. But i took my time and attended to every detail, meticulously and methodically. TOOK THE ENTIRE FKN WEEKEND, and then some! Special thanks to @Smoke king who forged this trail. Couldn’t have done it without your help bud. Also to @ORACLE and Brawler Fab for the products. Shit looks good. TIGHT.
9997F31C-3FCF-4B78-8023-02C720134270.jpeg
B1706A6B-B5DD-4198-B76B-9C827B7FFAAD.jpeg
A2862FD1-07A6-4FE1-8AD1-BC07DA2506E1.jpeg
E896B891-2230-4D59-82F1-6ECC7FD5FE33.jpeg
BF5D7583-47C0-4133-8D4B-2EF77AA55D40.jpeg
96D14171-521A-4815-A53A-3AA193A8F57F.jpeg
5009402C-A1C3-4605-88BD-ACF27BD5E01B.jpeg
4E8FE772-8313-4898-91EE-900810234ADF.jpeg
A2758FF4-D379-468F-8E44-9B5D984BE353.jpeg

Nice work! Looks fantastic!

I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with the end result. It wasn’t easy, at least not for me. Automotive electrical wiring etc is not my forte. But i took my time and attended to every detail, meticulously and methodically. TOOK THE ENTIRE FKN WEEKEND, and then some! Special thanks to @Smoke king who forged this trail. Couldn’t have done it without your help bud. Also to @ORACLE and Brawler Fab for the products. Shit looks good. TIGHT. View attachment 45333View attachment 45334View attachment 45335View attachment 45336View attachment 45337View attachment 45338View attachment 45339View attachment 45340View attachment 45341
Love the look‼️ Np‼️ Great Job‼️ welcome to the ❌️ Crew‼️🤣 Enjoy..

I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with the end result. It wasn’t easy, at least not for me. Automotive electrical wiring etc is not my forte. But i took my time and attended to every detail, meticulously and methodically. TOOK THE ENTIRE FKN WEEKEND, and then some! Special thanks to @Smoke king who forged this trail. Couldn’t have done it without your help bud. Also to @ORACLE and Brawler Fab for the products. Shit looks good. TIGHT. View attachment 45333View attachment 45334View attachment 45335View attachment 45336View attachment 45337View attachment 45338View attachment 45339View attachment 45340View attachment 45341
Looks great! Ought to write up step by step. Congrats.

@ORACLE quick question. I've been running these lights behind the grille and all the functions work great wired up to my Aux switches, I love them. My one issue I can't wrap my head around is one of the lights when I turn on the spotlight function will stay on for about 1 minute then turn off for 30 seconds, then back on for 1 minute then off for 30 seconds, etc. It almost seems like it might be overheating or something and shutting off to cool. Wiring is all solid, when I wiggle the light it doesn't affect it like it's a loose wire. Does not do this with the "X" amber/white... Any ideas?

@ORACLE quick question. I've been running these lights behind the grille and all the functions work great wired up to my Aux switches, I love them. My one issue I can't wrap my head around is one of the lights when I turn on the spotlight function will stay on for about 1 minute then turn off for 30 seconds, then back on for 1 minute then off for 30 seconds, etc. It almost seems like it might be overheating or something and shutting off to cool. Wiring is all solid, when I wiggle the light it doesn't affect it like it's a loose wire. Does not do this with the "X" amber/white... Any ideas?
Yes, these lights do have active thermal management so there is a good chance this is a thermal issue not a wiring issue. Is one side more restrictive where it is not getting enough airflow? Does it only happen when stopped (no airflow)? Does it seem to happen when engine temps come up to normal range?

Yes, these lights do have active thermal management so there is a good chance this is a thermal issue not a wiring issue. Is one side more restrictive where it is not getting enough airflow? Does it only happen when stopped (no airflow)? Does it seem to happen when engine temps come up to normal range?
Thanks for the quick response! I've only noticed it while the truck is at temp-stopped/idling so that makes sense. Both lights are located right behind the grill with a 7" whole drilled out for air flow but It is only the drivers side light that turns on and off.

Has anyone tried to put 4 of these on the RAMBAR? I was thinking of trying something different and thought riding around at night with the just the White DRL X would look pretty bad ass! As I was looking at everyone’s pics, I was imagining a bad ass truck that could be a new character in the Old SKOOL game Twisted Metal lol!!!

Has anyone tried to put 4 of these on the RAMBAR? I was thinking of trying something different and thought riding around at night with the just the White DRL X would look pretty bad ass! As I was looking at everyone’s pics, I was imagining a bad ass truck that could be a new character in the Old SKOOL game Twisted Metal lol!!!
Its a post mount setup so would definitely fit the Rambar and AGREE would be a pretty cool look running the white "X" with the white DRL on the TRX!

Its a post mount setup so would definitely fit the Rambar and AGREE would be a pretty cool look running the white "X" with the white DRL on the TRX!
AWESOME, Thank you!!! I sure look forward to trying it out. Will be putting this mod together very soon and super excited to see how it turns out!

Back