Options Question

THE JOHNNY

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
One option I cannot confirm is whether the standard side mirrors are powered or not? Would rather not have to option the $445 Trailer Tow mirrors. Anyone know? i would think they are powered! My lesser 1500 Sport has powered mirrors!

I was wondering the exact same thing -- power fold mirrors are a must for me and I prefer the stock mirrors. I currently drive a Raptor and use the power fold mirrors everyday -- these vehicles are wide!

Did anyone notice that you cannot have the Ram Bar and the tonneau cover -- when you select both, one is deleted. I like the Ram Bar but am hoping that there is a tonneau cover solution after market!

toffs, at end of build, there is a link for standard features, under exterior is where it says power fold mirrors. i also saw same thing for cover and ram bar..its one or the other. im sure there will be a cover in the future that can go around the ram bar

toffs, at end of build, there is a link for standard features, under exterior is where it says power fold mirrors. i also saw same thing for cover and ram bar..its one or the other. im sure there will be a cover in the future that can go around the ram bar
Thank you Just a Dentist -- very helpful!

Mirrors follow up... Are the mirrors “heated” for winter weather defrosting ? Anyone seen anything ?

Might be a dumb question... what does bead lock “ready” mean on the wheel options?

here's the description

The 18x9-inch beadlock-capable aluminum wheel by Mopar® has a six lug design with gloss black finish. This wheel also allows for the available Mopar® functional beadlock ring that clamps the outer tire bead to the rim. This enables maximum traction with lower tire pressures and when off-roading.

Did anyone notice that you cannot have the Ram Bar and the tonneau cover -- when you select both, one is deleted. I like the Ram Bar but am hoping that there is a tonneau cover solution after market!

Yes I encountered the same thing when I spec'd mine out. I went with Ram Bar thinking tonneau would be available later at a cheaper cost! Hopefully!

Yes I encountered the same thing when I spec'd mine out. I went with Ram Bar thinking tonneau would be available later at a cheaper cost! Hopefully!
I'm hoping ADD makes a Chase Rack Bar that will work with Tonneau Covers.

Are the rock rails wide enough to be used as step up bars?

I doubt anyone knows for sure yet, but if they are like the rock rails on a Jeep or Toy they will have to be wider than the body to protect it when the going gets tight. If that’s the case they could be stepped on no prob. Just keep in mind that many rails don’t drop down like a step.

I changed my order from rock rails to the running boards after asking my dealer the same question. He suggested the running boards if you want a true step.

I changed my order from rock rails to the running boards after asking my dealer the same question. He suggested the running boards if you want a true step.
Thanks

Is the harmon kardon speaker in the door only red if you order the red accents? Or is it red regardless?

Is the harmon kardon speaker in the door only red if you order the red accents? Or is it red regardless?
I watched a video that had the red speakers and it had the red accent package. I think it would be safe to say that they would be black w/o the accent package.

Might be a dumb question... what does bead lock “ready” mean on the wheel options?
Not a dumb question as many people have no experience with this. Bid Lock is a ring that installs on the OUTSIDE of the rim to hold the tire in place when it is extremely aired down. This means that the tire needs to be installed with the lip OUTSIDE the rim and it will be held in place between the rim and the ring, hence bid lock. I think for 99% of the people this is an overkill and not worth the money. Since it is part of the Launch package I'll have it as well, I doubt if I'll ever actually use those rings...

I also noticed that when you spec a Launch edition the system shows the black wheels with the Ring installed on them...
1598654198321.png

Last edited:
Not a dumb question as many people have no experience with this. Bid Lock is a ring that installs on the OUTSIDE of the rim to hold the tire in place when it is extremely aired down. This means that the tire needs to be installed with the lip OUTSIDE the rim and it will be held in place between the rim and the ring, hence bid lock. I think for 99% of the people this is an overkill and not worth the money. Since it is part of the Launch package I'll have it as well, I doubt if I'll ever actually use those rings...

I also noticed that when you spec a Launch edition the system shows the black wheels with the Ring installed on them...
View attachment 266
Someone pointed out in another thread that the ring from the factory is a beauty ring. The functional bead lock ring has to be purchased.

Back