One of the best explanations regarding the allocations and delays

TReX-RAM

TRX Addict 💉
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
Found this on FB. It probably has been explained by some of the smarter folks on this forum already. But a light bulb finally went on when I read this. I have never been accused of being a quick learner 😆
From FB.jpg

That makes sense, it's just so frustrating seeing other people who ordered months later recievng their trucks. I've been in D status for 3 months now 😢

That makes sense, it's just so frustrating seeing other people who ordered months later recievng their trucks. I've been in D status for 3 months now 😢
How long did it take to go from a VON to a VIN when you ordered?

Not trying to fan the flames, but only to share real data.....I ordered on 1-11-21 and went to D about 3 weeks ago. Went to D1 last week and have an estimated ship date of 3-6. Level 2 Granite with a few things.......fwiw

Not trying to fan the flames, but only to share real data.....I ordered on 1-11-21 and went to D about 3 weeks ago. Went to D1 last week and have an estimated ship date of 3-6. Level 2 Granite with a few things.......fwiw
Oh thanks a lot ...... 😀😀😀

Didn’t you pick up a dealer stock order?

I also think people are buying up cancelled orders so though they say, "I ordered in Feb and pick it up soon!" they really bought a truck ordered back in August.

That's what I did. Ordered mine in January but noticed in the POC it was initially ordered in August (so probably a cancel). Have the window sticker now and probably picking her up in a week or two...

I also think people are buying up cancelled orders so though they say, "I ordered in Feb and pick it up soon!" they really bought a truck ordered back in August.

That's what I did. Ordered mine in January but noticed in the POC it was initially ordered in August (so probably a cancel). Have the window sticker now and probably picking her up in a week or two...
Yes or an order the dealer already had placed and you’re just assuming that order

Didn’t you pick up a dealer stock order?
Nope, my local dealer (small) was able to get one allocation and I’d been on their radar for one. They had initially told me it’d be June....

Nope, my local dealer (small) was able to get one allocation and I’d been on their radar for one. They had initially told me it’d be June....
That’s awesome. Good for you man.

Only problem with that theory is a whole lot of people where D status which literally mean your dealer has an allocation and is gathering parts. And then skipped over for months for orders placed in January still

Only problem with that theory is a whole lot of people where D status which literally mean your dealer has an allocation and is gathering parts. And then skipped over for months for orders placed in January still
Yes, this. I ordered in August and went to D status with a VIN in September. Which means I had an actual allocation. I'm still in D status VIN 770 and they are shipping trucks ordered in January 4000-5000 VIN. So this may be happening, but it is not an accurate explanation.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back