One of the best explanations regarding the allocations and delays

CarGuyOhio

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
65 SPF Cobra, 19 WB Redeye, 20 2Dr Rubicon, (21 TRX on order)
I also think people are buying up cancelled orders so though they say, "I ordered in Feb and pick it up soon!" they really bought a truck ordered back in August.

That's what I did. Ordered mine in January but noticed in the POC it was initially ordered in August (so probably a cancel). Have the window sticker now and probably picking her up in a week or two...
Not always the case. Yes, mine was already ordered once I swooped in. But look at the order date, current status, and est ship date. I can see how this would piss off people that have been in line since last year! Bottom line, it is not really RAM screwing the customers it is dealerships not being completely transparent and the customers not knowing enough to ask the right questions.

Based on my order the time to build/ship is no different than a standard Ram. Now, we will see just how close they actually come to these dates.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    347.8 KB · Views: 10

JumpSquadAuto

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ford Raptor
Current Ride #2
1999 Ford F350
Doesn't explain why some dealers have had multiple dealer stock orders filled while some dealer are still waiting for their first sold order to be built or get a build date. It be one thing if it was a handful of cases but their are so many people that have been skipped without any communication. Doesn't do well for Rams brand image. They know when they are building a dealer stock order over a sold. One dealer near me has sold 2 for ADM and has a third built one on the way at ADM while my dealer is still waiting on their first one. They know full and well that dealer is selling for ADM and they are fueling that sort of customer abuse.

joejenie

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
PORSCHE
Interesting email, but I call BS. I ordered mine on 8/19. Launch edition serial #66 which you would think would be first day or two build. Well, it didn't get a build sheet until 1/29 and got a window sticker 2/20. A lot more to the story and even FCA probably can't tell you why. hahaha.

All the launch editions were supposed to be built first. That was a lie as well.

CarGuyOhio

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
65 SPF Cobra, 19 WB Redeye, 20 2Dr Rubicon, (21 TRX on order)
Doesn't explain why some dealers have had multiple dealer stock orders filled while some dealer are still waiting for their first sold order to be built or get a build date. It be one thing if it was a handful of cases but their are so many people that have been skipped without any communication. Doesn't do well for Rams brand image. They know when they are building a dealer stock order over a sold. One dealer near me has sold 2 for ADM and has a third built one on the way at ADM while my dealer is still waiting on their first one. They know full and well that dealer is selling for ADM and they are fueling that sort of customer abuse.
Unfortunately, it likely does circle back to allocations. If you ordered from a dealer that is out of allocations then hell yes, a dealer with can order a stock truck ahead of a customer order. Not saying it is right but that is how it works, or how I understand it to work. I believe the concept behind allocations for a new or limited production vehicle is to keep large dealers from taking the bulk of the vehicles and leaving other dealers in the dark.

JumpSquadAuto

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ford Raptor
Current Ride #2
1999 Ford F350
Unfortunately, it likely does circle back to allocations. If you ordered from a dealer that is out of allocations then hell yes, a dealer with can order a stock truck ahead of a customer order. Not saying it is right but that is how it works, or how I understand it to work. I believe the concept behind allocations for a new or limited production vehicle is to keep large dealers from taking the bulk of the vehicles and leaving other dealers in the dark.
I get being ahead of 1 truck dealer to dealer but 3 allocations built before 1 gets a build date is way excessive. Especially since the third order wasn't even placed until after I went to D status meaning my allocation was confirmed. They just choose to give that dealer another allocation and build it while I am waiting to be sequenced for production. Mind you the dealers are 30 miles apart so region not at play.

The issue isn't just allocation. Its more so how they are prioritizing which trucks to build doesn't make sense and they are fitting in an abnormally high number of dealer stocks. I asked Ramcares to invoice that third truck to my dealer who will sell it at MSRP instead of a dealer looking for 15k over and they didn't even address it and thanked me for understanding and my patience. i.e didn't care enough to read what I wrote them.

Cerino2000

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
New Ram 1500
Yes, this. I ordered in August and went to D status with a VIN in September. Which means I had an actual allocation. I'm still in D status VIN 770 and they are shipping trucks ordered in January 4000-5000 VIN. So this may be happening, but it is not an accurate explanation.
Right. There is a piece missing from the puzzle. I had gone D back in October after ordering in middle August. My truck is just now on a train. It’s clear that big dealers get preference (think Rick Hendrick) not just in getting an allocation but somehow it plays into how important your allocation is to Ram with regards to getting it built in a timely fashion. Not even the dealers themselves clearly understand. I’ve dealt with many that genuinely don’t appear to have a clue as to exactly how it works.

Cerino2000

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
New Ram 1500
That’s what you would think but seems allocations are a reward/incentive to performing dealers.

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 GMC 2500 trade for TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
Fuckin canadians. I said I hated them months ago. Way to prove me right
What did my brothers from the north ever do to you? They also spend most of their time hunting and fishing.... at least the good ones.

Last edited:

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Personally I think they tried to lookout for the dealers this go around since they were probably hurting from COVID. So many dealers are getting trucks and selling for ADM. This order process is freaking crazy.

I literally just seen a POC of someone with a fresh order, not taking over a dealer stock order, place a order the first week of Feb, have a ship date next week because their order went D1 last week. Like this system is so stupid.

Can't wait for MY24 when everyone abandon ship because of the V6's and electric drivetrains coming lol

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com