Oil change cost at the dealer

So it costs more to get a proper oil change done when it's free than if buying the oil and filter and doing it yourself. Figures.
Lol looks like thats the case.

That’s not inconsistent it’s just dumb. You have to pull the dune guard anyway to reach the oil filter. And when you do, the oil cooler drain plug is literally staring you right in the face. There is virtually zero extra labor to drain it.

That’s not inconsistent it’s just dumb. You have to pull the dune guard anyway to reach the oil filter. And when you do, the oil cooler drain plug is literally staring you right in the face. There is virtually zero extra labor to drain it.
True. But to a dealer an "oil change" may not necessarily include a filter change.

I am thinking about leaving my dune guard off after next oil change. I will put it on if I plan on jumping it. But I am wondering if it will help with cooling.

I am thinking about leaving my dune guard off after next oil change. I will put it on if I plan on jumping it. But I am wondering if it will help with cooling.
Might be interesting to do some side by side comparisons on that. Would also serve as a decent weight reduction for track days if someone was so inclined.

Removing it may or may not do much for cooling, but would probably decrease the mileage a little at higher speeds. Using the term "higher speeds" loosely.

I haven’t gotten under and looked at things. But I wouldn’t remove any panels that will then create a path for air to bypass what ever cooler you thought you were helping.
Air is like water, and it goes the path of least resistance and plays funky with pressure zones.

Ever see the “lip” or “air dam” under and behind the front bumper of a car? That’s the block air from escaping what should go through the radiator.

on track cars, people will take off their under engine panel and go run a test lap not thinking of it. Because they have a front splitter or lip. And then their ect’s sky rocket and they have also lost grip due to Turbulence.

aero is a tricky thing. But again, I havent looked at what you want to remove and how it effects things. So it may be fine and help …or it might hurt.Just a word of caution.

I buy a pack of oil changes for my Redeye so be sure to ask your dealer about that. Ends up being very reasonable in my neck of the woods.
I did this on my SRT when they offered it Pay $140 for the first oil change get 3 free!!

A little off topic, but is there a magnetic plug in the TRX, or what one would fit in there?

Also, Is it 7 qt with the oil cooler drained?? I thought I read somewhere it was 7.5 when draining the cooler...

I'm going to the dealer with my oil and filter in hand on Wednesday for my 500 mile change and swapping out my skid plate for the black one. Just wanna be sure how much oil to bring!

A little off topic, but is there a magnetic plug in the TRX, or what one would fit in there?

Also, Is it 7 qt with the oil cooler drained?? I thought I read somewhere it was 7.5 when draining the cooler...

I'm going to the dealer with my oil and filter in hand on Wednesday for my 500 mile change and swapping out my skid plate for the black one. Just wanna be sure how much oil to bring!
Yes, there are a few to chose from. I'm using Votex plugs. Sorry, don't remember the part numbers.
Anyway, they're the same as for a Trackhawk, Challenger, or Charger.

Bring at least seven quarts. Another thing I don't remember without looking in the log book.

Yes, there are a few to chose from. I'm using Votex plugs. Sorry, don't remember the part numbers.
Anyway, they're the same as for a Trackhawk, Challenger, or Charger.

Bring at least seven quarts. Another thing I don't remember without looking in the log book.
awesome, thanks.

BTW...it's a DP001👍🇺🇲

Reactions: Two
Can confirm, I am using the DP001. Buy 8 just in case you need makeup oil, but 7 quarts filled mine to the brim even with new filter and cooler drained.

Okay, that would mean the DP006 is for the oil cooler...or maybe it was the front diff.
Or maybe both?

Had anyone had luck asking the dealer to throw in a few free oil changes when buying the truck?

Didn’t try because they aren’t allowed to touch my truck. Free oil change is worth what you pay.

I took my truck in yesterday and they said the first four oil changes are free.

Wonder if I can somehow give away my free oil changes? Think I have six, maybe eight, that I would pay not to use.

This kind of talk makes me question my interest in Mopar extended warranty..

Agreed, dealers have lube techs and they are called that for a reason. And it’s the entry level job. Which is kinda funny considering it’s one of the most important to get right.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back