TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Current Ride #2
2021 Ram TRX
This is what I have on wheels:
LT325/65R 18Dx9, center bore 77.8mm, bolt pattern 6x 139.7 mm, thread 14 x 15 mm offset +19mm. It's the offset that messes me up. If I get new wheels what kind of offset options do I have on the stock wheels or must I stay with 19mm
Thanks

+19mm stock offset to -44 offset and anything in-between is what has been done on this forum.

18x9 all the way up to 22x12 work. You need to consider the spare tire location size. If you go with larger rims or larger tires, it may or probably wont fit with out modification.

The if you want to put better brake calipers and larger rotors on, you need to make sure you go to a larger wheel size.

1617930930884.png

Pictures are very helpful. Thank you very much

Here is a PDF of most of the TRX's on this forum that have gone with aftermarket wheel and tires.

Just because they fit on does not mean they wont rub off-road or hitting hump in road. As you go bigger in rim and tire size, the ones that fit, fit barely by 1" with axle locked and wheel turned all the way right or left. Which means they don't rub just parked or driving on flat road.

Hit a bump in road or off-road and they will probably rub some.

I collected these for visual reference for my selection of wheels, as I want to go to 20x10 or 22x10 for the larger wheel so we can upgrade the stock brakes with are just average street truck brakes and barely fit into the stock OEM TRX wheel 18x9 +19mm offset.

1617973385310.png

You need to work with someone locally that can access your needs and make sure you get the right combination.

See attached PDF for reference.

Attachments

• TRX Aftermarket Wheel Tire Pics.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 241
I'm actually looking for a wheel similar to the attached picture and while I can find lots of options I can't seem to match the offset. Most seem to be a little different like 12mm. I didn't want to upset the balance of the truck of have clearance issues with the brakes. I'm trying to achieve a deep dish look.
what set up do you want? +offset, 0 offset or - offset.?
I'm actually looking for a wheel similar to the attached picture and while I can find lots of options I can't seem to match the offset. Most seem to be a little different like 12mm. I didn't want to upset the balance of the truck of have clearance issues with the brakes. I'm trying to achieve a deep dish look.

Attachments

• VICE-20x10_1797.5-ET40-BRONZE-W-GLOSS-BLK-A2_1000.png
    VICE-20x10_1797.5-ET40-BRONZE-W-GLOSS-BLK-A2_1000.png
    926.8 KB · Views: 30
Here is a PDF of most of the TRX's on this forum that have gone with aftermarket wheel and tires.

Just because they fit on does not mean they wont rub off-road or hitting hump in road. As you go bigger in rim and tire size, the ones that fit, fit barely by 1" with axle locked and wheel turned all the way right or left. Which means they don't rub just parked or driving on flat road.

Hit a bump in road or off-road and they will probably rub some.

I collected these for visual reference for my selection of wheels, as I want to go to 20x10 or 22x10 for the larger wheel so we can upgrade the stock brakes with are just average street truck brakes and barely fit into the stock OEM TRX wheel 18x9 +19mm offset.

View attachment 10490

You need to work with someone locally that can access your needs and make sure you get the right combination.

See attached PDF for reference.
That's great info, thank you

All the wheels in PDF fit on stock TRX.

Even a 18x9 zero offset icon wheel on the blue truck works with stock brakes. I think if you go with a negative offset you need to jump to a minimum 20x10 or 22x12, depending on how high the negative offset is, to make up for the off set with rim size/width.

I am assuming that if you got to 20" but end up with same rim and tire height, you don't need to do a speedometer re-calibration.

But if you go 20x10 rims with 37 tires, you will need speed re-calibration?

Someone let me know if that is true.

Wow. Thanks JRex. This is super helpful. I'm wondering if a 37" tire with a 0 offset wheel will fit and no rub. Seems like that would make it flush or even stick out a little from the fender. I lke that look.

Wow. Thanks JRex. This is super helpful. I'm wondering if a 37" tire with a 0 offset wheel will fit and no rub. Seems like that would make it flush or even stick out a little from the fender. I lke that look.

Depends on rim size height and width and tires 37x12.5 or 37x13.5

Really depends if your ever going to take it off road.

People that 37x13.5 tires on 18x9 with zero offset, there is only a finger clearance with axle locked and and steering wheel turned all the way. Probably will rub at some point over bump or offroad use. I think to get to 37" tires and not rub, may need 2 inch lift?

The more negative offset the wider the rim width, will make it stick out like this.

This is probably what you want:
22x12 -44 offset-35x12.5 R22 Federal Xplora

1617985241619.png

1617985265101.png

1617985288021.png

+19mm stock offset to -44 offset and anything in-between is what has been done on this forum.

18x9 all the way up to 22x12 work. You need to consider the spare tire location size. If you go with larger rims or larger tires, it may or probably wont fit with out modification.

The if you want to put better brake calipers and larger rotors on, you need to make sure you go to a larger wheel size.

View attachment 10439
Speaking off larger brakes. Have we found any that work for the TRX yet?

Baer big brake kit, but you need 20 inch rims and not a negative offset, I believe. Every rim is different, so you have to use the attached fitment guides on the actual rim to make sure it will clear.

But whatever rim you decide to go with you have to find a local shop that has them in stock or send manufacture the fitment guide.PDF attached.

Attachments

• Brake_System_Fitament.pdf
    212.5 KB · Views: 19
  • N118U template.pdf
    118.3 KB · Views: 11
Baer big brake kit, but you need 20 inch rims and not a negative offset, I believe. Every rim is different, so you have to use the attached fitment guides on the actual rim to make sure it will clear.

But whatever rim you decide to go with you have to find a local shop that has them in stock or send manufacture the fitment guide.PDF attached.

4Play is checking the a the rims with Baer fitment guide to see which wheels it will work with. I am not buy wheels and tires and then find out cant upgrade brakes.

The other issue is whether you can get a larger rim in spare tire area, as once up go to big brake kit, can use the stock 18x9 rims anymore.

Question - are the stock tires loud? As in do they hum on asphalt?

Depends on rim size height and width and tires 37x12.5 or 37x13.5

Really depends if your ever going to take it off road.

People that 37x13.5 tires on 18x9 with zero offset, there is only a finger clearance with axle locked and and steering wheel turned all the way. Probably will rub at some point over bump or offroad use. I think to get to 37" tires and not rub, may need 2 inch lift?

The more negative offset the wider the rim width, will make it stick out like this.

This is probably what you want:
22x12 -44 offset-35x12.5 R22 Federal Xplora

View attachment 10516

View attachment 10517
View attachment 10518
those rims are sick! Man they would look stellar in gun metal on silver.

I was emailing them APB and also have a kit but you need larger rims. Alcon is working a front system but it won’t be out in till the second quarter. But they didn’t mention if you need larger rims or not. Hoping not.

Back