Observation from Chapman this morning

Zach @granger is still honoring the price protection just Tom that is not
What's the difference in the deal at the end of the day? This is not a douchey rhetorical question, I'm really asking. 😅

When I placed my order with Chapman no one was doing 4% under invoice (to the extent of my knowledge). So, is it possible that Granger and others are game to eat the difference (not get reimbursed by Stellantis) because they're making more on the deal anyways? Not to mention I'm sure they've cashed in on a couple of non refundable deposits that Chapman did not require. I'm not shitting on Granger by any means (seems like an awesome dealership) , just trying to figure out if this is a fair comparison to other vendors.

At the end of the day, I'm not tripping on principle because this deal still smokes all the bullshit within a thousand+ mile radius of me.

Hey @dealerinsider perform the full, forum sponsored PDI and soon enough you'll be wearing a cape again in everyone's eyes..

What's the difference in the deal at the end of the day? This is not a douchey rhetorical question, I'm really asking. 😅

When I placed my order with Chapman no one was doing 4% under invoice (to the extent of my knowledge). So, is it possible that Granger and others are game to eat the difference (not get reimbursed by Stellantis) because they're making more on the deal anyways? Not to mention I'm sure they've cashed in on a couple of non refundable deposits that Chapman did not require. I'm not shitting on Granger by any means (seems like an awesome dealership) , just trying to figure out if this is a fair comparison to other vendors.

At the end of the day, I'm not tripping on principle because this deal still smokes all the bullshit within a thousand+ mile radius of me.

Exactly !!!!!!

Ram has already told me all Pricing is exclusively between the dealer and the end customer. They will not get involved in pricing issues. I didn't buy my truck from ram. I bought it from Chapman.

Agree 100%.
However, Ram started this problem by combining packages, and then neglecting to change package pricing for a couple of weeks. Some of us were lucky enough to purchase during this time at the Ram listed prices. Then Ram decided to updated pricing. Ram now is refusing to honor their published pricing and the Ram price lock. This is Ram refusing to honor their price commitments, not the dealer.

Last edited:
Ram has already told me all Pricing is exclusively between the dealer and the end customer. They will not get involved in pricing issues. I didn't buy my truck from ram. I bought it from Chapman.
Just like there still gathering parts for my truck. Of course there not going to take responsibility for something they created.

Hey @dealerinsider perform the full, forum sponsored PDI and soon enough you'll be wearing a cape again in everyone's eyes..
Agree ! Can’t find anything in Florida that not at least $10k to $30k above MSRP. 4% below invoice is a great deal even if we have to pay a couple grand more for more the additional options.

Agree ! Can’t find anything in Florida that not at least $10k to $30k above MSRP. 4% below invoice is a great deal even if we have to pay a couple grand more for more the additional options.
[/QUOTE]
My truck here as built was 117 at one place 121 at another. 81596$ if price protected from Chapman...
I can't complain! On another note I'm a 8/25 build sitting in jb status (shipped to body vendor for graphics etc.)
I am stoked! Stopwatch the shipper has already been paid their 2500$ too! Things are coming together nicely...!

2.5k on a 85k truck is almost 3%...85k invoice is a lvl 2 already.

Man that sucks to hear that they did that to you. My truck has been in KZS status for 2 weeks now and when it arrives I would hope my dealer honors their promise to price protect the order to our original agreement that is signed by both parties. If not I will pass it onto my attorney.

Lots of crying going on here. People will complain regardless of how good of a deal they are getting. It’s almost embarrassing. Level 2 price went up because it includes more and now somehow they are mad that they are going to have to pay for it as opposed to the dealer that is making these unbelievable deals available taking a hit. 4% below invoice was a great deal even before covid, specially on a hot car such as the trx. The max you could get off a raptor was around 10-12 percent before covid. What the hell is everyone arguing about. Every single person that orders from these two great dealers did so since their local dealer charge atleast msrp if not more to place an order. Being ungrateful, and not taking a step back and look at the full picture is not a great trait to have. Every single order at 4% off invoice has significant built in equity to the point that you can drive your truck for 2 years and sell it for more than what you paid for.

Last edited:
Lots of crying going on here. People will complain regardless of how good of a deal they are getting. It’s almost embarrassing. Level 2 price went up because it includes more and now somehow they are mad that they are going to have to pay for it as opposed to the dealer that is making these unbelievable deals available taking a hit. 4% below invoice was a great deal even before covid, specially on a hot car such as the trx. The max you could get off a raptor was around 10-12 percent before covid. What the hell is everyone arguing about. Every single person that orders from these two great dealers did so since their local dealer charge atleast msrp if not more to place an order. Being ungrateful, and not taking a step back and look at the full picture is not a great trait to have. Every single order at 4% off invoice has significant built in equity to the point that you can drive your truck for 2 years and sell it for more than what you paid for.
Not sure you should be talking about crying with all the moaning you were doing over the CA emissions sticker earlier… :) just sayin’

I was told I was protected from my Aug order but I guess I'll wait and see....I ordered the HK originally so in reality it's people that ordered only the level 2 and didn't want the radio that get screwed....

I ordered it as well. But on my POC hk and tech is not listed or charged for. So you don’t see that cost is added. So that’s where the price increase comes into play.

Reactions: ALJ
No. Part of the reason for no pictures. I just wanted to get in, get my truck and get out. Not real happy with the experience. They actually sent me the price protected paperwork, then a half hour later sent me the oops, sorry, we aren't keeping our word. Here's your options. I was going to tell them to stuff it, but that would just have meant they could sell it for even more, and I'd have no way of voicing my dissatisfaction. At least now, I still have the truck, and ram will hear about it on the customer satisfaction survey.
Exactly what happened to me, disappointing...

I spoke with my dealer today (4% under invoice, not on this forum). He advised they are still price protecting as long as there is a signed POC on date of order AND a deposit. My guess is the issue with Chapman is they didn’t require a deposit and are running into issues.

Seriously? What if granger had just told you the emissions fiasco was a ram problem, and they weren't going to do anything for you. You could either take it as is, or not, but they weren't going to do anything to help you?
And no, there's no equity packed in buying at these prices. I checked a couple broker sites before I decided to go get it at the new price. After purchase and taxes, I'd be lucky to break even if I were to dump it right now. If you think the resale values aren't already diving, you aren't paying attention.

Exactly.

I mean, think if you ordered something online for 50% off that usually isn't on sale. Usually its $10,000 but you got them for $5000, so you went ahead and got them for your entire family (4 of them). But when you got the bill on your credit card/checking account, they changed it to $8,000 each instead of $5,000.
So if you call them and ask why you were billed $3,00 more each, and they say "our costs went up, the best we could do is 20% off -- but hey, 20% off is still a great deal", I think you should just be happy instead of crying about it. I mean, 20% is still great!

I don't know why that's so hard for the whiners to figure out. I mean guarantees/price protections aren't meant to actually mean anything. They are just words. People need to understand that. You and I already have that figured out. The rest just aren't as smart as you and I.

1638816217858.png

Exactly.

I mean, think if you ordered something online for 50% off that usually isn't on sale. Usually its $10,000 but you got them for $5000, so you went ahead and got them for your entire family (4 of them). But when you got the bill on your credit card/checking account, they changed it to $8,000 each instead of $5,000.
So if you call them and ask why you were billed $3,00 more each, and they say "our costs went up, the best we could do is 20% off -- but hey, 20% off is still a great deal", I think you should just be happy instead of crying about it. I mean, 20% is still great!

I don't know why that's so hard for the whiners to figure out. I mean guarantees/price protections aren't meant to actually mean anything. They are just words. People need to understand that. You and I already have that figured out. The rest just aren't as smart as you and I.
What you said makes no sense whatsoever. And the example you used is so far out there I dont know what to say. I am thinking you are being sarcastic?

Exactly.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back