Non-profit post

Joey D

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 trx
Good morning everyone. My name is Joe DiParisi and I am a soon to be TRX owner. My Chapman order is finally enroute from ram via rail. I have been a car lover all my life and have owned a total of 37 so far since I was twelve years old. I wanted to throw my non-profit out there that I am president and ce-bro of. Its www.supbro.org. In my limited spare time i run this small non-profit to help injured and fallen first responders. I take no $ from the business for any salary or any gas for my car or anything. We are a federally recognized 501c3 also. We are coming up on the holiday season and we are going to be taking a fallen officers wife and children christmas shopping at a toy store locally to me. We are finalizing the details now, but if you took the time to read this, if you'd like to follow us on social media, we have fb and ig (supbrofamily), I'd appreciate all the following we can get. If you were so inclined to donate to us, our venmo is @supbrofamily and our paypal is supbrofamily@gmail.com. That would be awesome, any amount and I really appreciate it. Just know, your donation is going to go directly to this christmas shopping spree with kids that lost their father. We only exist because of donations. I also am an active leo in nj, i teach motor vehicle law, pursuit driving and emergency driving to the recruits at the academy. Been fullfilling my dream job since I was a teenager. My last daily driver was a chevy ss with an lsa and 6 speed stick. Im currently driving an 05 lexus with 279,567 miles on it, until my trx gets here. Again if you took the time to read this, thank you and I will post the article from last year when we took a family shopping. Be well and I have been enjoying everyone on this forum and daily visits to the site to read different posts. I also attached a picture of us from an event last year when we filled a tractor trailer with supply for Hurricane Laura victims in LA, our more recent logo thats up at a car wash near me and a picture of my ss motor

Attachments

• E83913B7-289A-4746-8918-C83BA4402F3D.jpeg
    E83913B7-289A-4746-8918-C83BA4402F3D.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 232
  • D045396B-3108-4081-9C34-B1409EA39A67.jpeg
    D045396B-3108-4081-9C34-B1409EA39A67.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 77C5F7D9-FED9-4D7B-889F-C2D3F7C78A55.jpeg
    77C5F7D9-FED9-4D7B-889F-C2D3F7C78A55.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 40
Took the family shopping today for anyone that saw this post. Good timing as I got my trx yesterday.

Attachments

• 8D608D78-D036-4607-8A70-0A436AE31226.jpeg
    8D608D78-D036-4607-8A70-0A436AE31226.jpeg
    481.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 2282D074-33A3-43BA-80F3-0D63A60E2668.jpeg
    2282D074-33A3-43BA-80F3-0D63A60E2668.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 79
I hate to say this… having worked in a Departemnt that looses more than it’s fair share.
There are so many foundations and payouts for families that the officer was killed in the line of duty…. But none for the families of the Officer who was disabled in the line of duty.

The peace officers disability act gets shot down every time it has tried to gain traction. The federal officer death and disability grant will not release funds even if the officer is in a coma. Disability was a word that was added for no reason in the title but no where else in the legislature.

If you have ever been injured on the job you will know how hard it is to get proper care, now take that and apply it to a life threatening or job ending injury.

When you go to disabled and retired leo forums… and if you post “once X PD, always X PD” you will be dang near massacred.

Once you can’t show up for line up and are no longer employed so you aren’t paying union dues; you are forgotten. When the press dies down from your event, the command staff and the city politicians immediately stop calling and stopping by.

And then the medical bills. The mortgage and the rest.

You will be told that “The city owns your injuries” and they will cover the medical for life… ha.

You will be sitting in the hospital, or a lawyers office doing depositions etc… and in order to get your previous out of pocket expenses paid, back pay for when you were in the hospital and your retirement, you will have to sign away your med coverage.

Or you can choose to have no income for the 2-6 years while you litigate.

Oh. And you haven’t paid your union dues for X months and LDF doesn’t cover medical issues.

And then when you do retire… you think you are going to get 50% plus your retirement percentage for every year above half way mark…
Nope…

Your retirement starts at around 30% because the mandatory shifts over 40 hrs don’t count, shift differential, special teams etc etc etc.

And btw… you can’t work legally now until you reach your contracted retirement age. If you do you will be served with a bill for all your previous pension payments.

You have to live off 30-40% of your previous income.

And don’t get caught mowing your own lawn or building something yourself because you can’t afford to pay anyone.

If your city decides it wants the disability lump it had to pay for you back, they will have an investigator watch you and the littlest thing will trigger it.

And it takes 2 years minimum to fight it: and your lawyers are not covered under disability laws.

Yea… why would anyone want to be a cop if they knew… smh…

I hate to say this… having worked in a Departemnt that looses more than it’s fair share.
There are so many foundations and payouts for families that the officer was killed in the line of duty…. But none for the families of the Officer who was disabled in the line of duty.

The peace officers disability act gets shot down every time it has tried to gain traction. The federal officer death and disability grant will not release funds even if the officer is in a coma. Disability was a word that was added for no reason in the title but no where else in the legislature.

If you have ever been injured on the job you will know how hard it is to get proper care, now take that and apply it to a life threatening or job ending injury.

When you go to disabled and retired leo forums… and if you post “once X PD, always X PD” you will be dang near massacred.

Once you can’t show up for line up and are no longer employed so you aren’t paying union dues; you are forgotten. When the press dies down from your event, the command staff and the city politicians immediately stop calling and stopping by.

You will be told that “The city owns your injuries” and they will cover the medical for life… ha.

You will be sitting in the hospital, or a lawyers office doing depositions etc… and in order to get your previous out of pocket expenses paid, back pay for when you were in the hospital and your retirement, you will have to sign away your med coverage.

Oh. And you haven’t paid your union dues for X months and LDF doesn’t cover medical issues.

And then when you do retire… you think you are going to get 50% plus your retirement percentage for every year above half way mark…
Nope…

Your retirement starts at around 30% because the mandatory shifts over 40 hrs don’t count, shift differential, special teams etc etc etc.

And btw… you can’t work legally now until you reach your contracted retirement age. If you do you will be served with a bill for all your previous pension payments.

And don’t get caught mowing your own lawn or building something yourself because you can’t afford to pay anyone.

If your city decides it wants the disability lump it had to pay for you back, they will have an investigator watch you and the littlest thing will trigger it.

And it takes 2 years minimum to fight it: and your lawyers are not covered under disability laws.

JoeyD - appreciate your sincere efforts and a worthy cause!

Fifty -

As a medically retired LEO, many of your points hit home. Brings back many hateful and dark memories that were amplified by the lack of integrity, nervous smiles and even contempt of those involved in 'helping me' (City/PD). It changed me physically but also mentally as a 'secondary' injury.

Formative years post injury/during retirement process, sick bureaucracy and internal destruction of values I once believed others had by role and oath. Anger became a by-product and my natural default to find the angle/bias of others intent my daily modus operandi.

The past 18yrs my private sector role has morphed as a "10 Man" for my Principals companies...naturally inverting the generally optimistic perspective the masses see during business dealings. Candidly and often destroying the facade and fortunately adding value during due diligence vetting. Unfortunately most co-workers would rather discount red flags and concerns especially when in groups...so internally it's isolating despite having prevented countless financial disasters. No one likes a Rainmaker even in a f'ing drought apparently.

Still carry my (retired) flat badge and tried for years to be the 'person I wish had been there for me' when I lost my profession and everything that came with it (openly offering to be a resource). Unfortunately even with best intentions - trying to make suggestions/share and help others medically retiring has generally been a negative outcome. Injuries, internal review boards, and mental journey and perspective is individual. Maybe it's generational ('entitled'?) but most often most wanted/expected to walk onboard to my type of pay/role with self deserving/worthy swagger - naive to private sector nuances/journey. Most end up working seasonal Security or doing Insurance investigations without fail.

My wife has watched this 'Rabbit Hole' and with four kids (1/3/4 & 18!) she would rather I put my mental energy into things that make me happy - currently finishing custom corn hole boards and themed wall backdrop for my toddlers pre-school.

Last edited:

Nope…

Yea I hear what your saying and completely agree. We have actually been more focused on and off duty injuries and more off duty deaths as we have morphed a little bit. I have been injured several times over the past 18 years and I agree about workers comp and trying to get a doctor appointment then a normal doctors because the last one sent u back to work and you cant even stand. The job is even worse than it is now. Lady last night wants me to scream at her neighbor because his dog "was unhappy in the cage for 20 minutes" yet she cant knock on the door next door and ask and the state I am in won't let us chase or arrest bad guys anymore so the whole world is a little upside down right now.

Fifty -

As a medically retired LEO, many of your points hit home. Brings back many hateful and dark memories that were amplified by the lack of integrity, nervous smiles and even contempt of those involved in 'helping me' (City/PD). It changed me physically but also mentally as a 'secondary' injury.

Formative years post injury/during retirement process, sick bureaucracy and internal destruction of values I once believed others had by role and oath. Anger became a by-product and my natural default to find the angle/bias of others intent my daily modus operandi.

The past 18yrs my private sector role has morphed as a "10 Man" for my Principals companies...naturally inverting the generally optimistic perspective the masses see during business dealings. Candidly and often destroying the facade and fortunately adding value during due diligence vetting. Unfortunately most co-workers would rather discount red flags and concerns especially when in groups...so internally it's isolating despite having prevented countless financial disasters. No one likes a Rainmaker even in a f'ing drought apparently.

Still carry my (retired) flat badge and tried for years to be the 'person I wish had been there for me' when I lost my profession and everything that came with it (openly offering to be a resource). Unfortunately even with best intentions - trying to make suggestions/share and help others medically retiring has generally been a negative outcome. Injuries, internal review boards, and mental journey and perspective is individual. Maybe it's generational ('entitled'?) but most often most wanted/expected to walk onboard to my type of pay/role with self deserving/worthy swagger - naive to private sector nuances/journey. Most end up working seasonal Security or doing Insurance investigations without fail.

My wife has watched this 'Rabbit Hole' and with four kids (1/3/4 & 18!) she would rather I put my mental energy into things that make me happy - currently finishing custom corn hole boards and themed wall backdrop for my toddlers pre-school.
Yea. You’re lucky you are able to work with out penalty. I have 4 more years…

Even still, I tried to see what I could do with sacrificing the pension. After all, if I could get a decent job then that’s better.

At 38-44 yrs old, when your in the job market, “so why did you leave law enforcement” always comes up. After all… it’s rather odd… and it’s almost always an after thought by the interviewer.

And the main thoughts people have are “you were fired” and they don’t want you.
Or you were disabled and now your a HR risk… and they don’t want you.

Not to mention “permanent and stationary” often means permanently having surgeries and medical issues.
In 2015 I had just under 20 surgeries in one year. 2016 wasn’t much better. 17,18,19 got better each…
But in 2021 I’m still at the doc 2-3 times a month.

On the worst side, being a Marine, I see all of the work done on the “22 a day” program.
I was talking with a lady who was trying to start a program for Leo’s. But she found that few departments or their associations kept track of retiree’s. So if doesn’t happen on duty then… and because it was not considered a work related issue and in a lot of places still isn’t, it was rarely tracked anyways.

Anyways I could bitch and complain and complain. This isn’t the right forum for that.
I send a copy of the legislation i mentioned earlier to my political reps every few months. They are all anti cop so I know it doesn’t even get looked at.

But I want to end on one thing. I worked at a large city department, always on the list of “most dangerous cities” and it used to be a premier law enforcement agency. It started going down hill around 2009. Today I think it’s a joke and should be enveloped in the sheriff Department and restarted.

But we had a lot of prior mil when I started and the first few years (and of course before me). Every one agreed that policing there was mentally more stressful than any deployments. And these were 11b and 03’s with CAR’s.
There were no rotations, it was non stop, it followed you home, the rules and the actions. I could go on and on. But the wear and tear on the mind and body for the AVG was way worse. Now don’t get me wrong. We can all pick certain battles that were way worse than anything. A really good friend of mine was the Basilone Marine of the Year. He has more on his chest than entire Battalions combined. So I get it. There are outliers etc.
I’m just talking the career wear and tear. And yet there is nada for the working cop or the retired (service or med) cop.

Fifty -

Thanks for kind words. Ive seen medically retired people and injured people who are coming back just get forgetten about instantly. The dept goes on and ppl forget. Just like retiring normally, as soon as your gone your spots filled and its like you never existed. Fortunately our union invited all retired guys to our parties and im a liason for dept with people having issues so people have always came to me for advice and help etc over the years and im part of the rank and file not admin so it makes it easy for them annnd I dont run my mouth about their personal business.

Yea I hear what your saying and completely agree. We have actually been more focused on and off duty injuries and more off duty deaths as we have morphed a little bit. I have been injured several times over the past 18 years and I agree about workers comp and trying to get a doctor appointment then a normal doctors because the last one sent u back to work and you cant even stand. The job is even worse than it is now. Lady last night wants me to scream at her neighbor because his dog "was unhappy in the cage for 20 minutes" yet she cant knock on the door next door and ask and the state I am in won't let us chase or arrest bad guys anymore so the whole world is a little upside down right now.
Yea man. Sorry. I don’t mean to bitch.
Even though I did bitch.

I am lucky. My wife is a nurse and makes ok money and we bought our house and lived with in normal hourly pay not overtime.

So many are screwed. And I have too many sets of white gloves in a cabinet.

Thank you for supporting the families left behind. And I need to focus my bitching back at the politicians that do
Nothing but treat cops like shit and then throw them in danger.

The new AG guidelines are out of control. Make sure you practice your facial expressions to try and get someone to think twice about killing you (not sure if you did that training yet )

Pretty please? No? Ok pretty pretty please with a cherry on top? No?

Well can I entice you with the mayors new plan to pay you a monthly salary to not kill other gang bangers? Citizens are ok… it’s the bad guys we want to pay you to not hurt anymore…

Oh you’re interested? Ok great… yes we will erase your criminal history as well… voting rights? Sure. Oh and here is your gun back from your last drive by. Confiscating that is racist no matter what your ethnicity is. We only take guns from citizens with no criminal past, but only if they are defending themselves or want to defend themselves some day.

The new AG guidelines are out of control. Make sure you practice your facial expressions to try and get someone to think twice about killing you (not sure if you did that training yet )
I have done the icat and able training and i also teach pursuit so its all new to try and look the other way when a bad guy comes past you. Again like living in another world

Yea man. Sorry. I don’t mean to bitch.
Even though I did bitch.

I am lucky. My wife is a nurse and makes ok money and we bought our house and lived with in normal hourly pay not overtime.

So many are screwed. And I have too many sets of white gloves in a cabinet.

Thank you for supporting the families left behind. And I need to focus my bitching back at the politicians that do
Nothing but treat cops like shit and then throw them in danger.
Ehh. We all bitch. Its what we do

bumping this up for upcoming event and recent portrait we did for the family of PAPO Anthony Varvaro for his services and then given to his family.

Attachments

• FEFF8BB5-D1B8-4AED-95BF-944E2DA373E3.jpeg
    FEFF8BB5-D1B8-4AED-95BF-944E2DA373E3.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 68B98695-5C96-4538-9798-E2DAEF403376.jpeg
    68B98695-5C96-4538-9798-E2DAEF403376.jpeg
    605.8 KB · Views: 19
Glad I am out!

Thanks to OP and the others that have put the time in and continue to do so.
I was lucky enough to take my business full time and quit the SO less than a year in. The most fun I had was in in-house driving. Whipping the Tahoes around, hauling ass down dirt roads, PIT, I'm ready for my TRX! Anyways, I do full time commercial production and video work now so if you ever need help or have questions in that area please let me know. I'll do my best to help. Social media is your biggest and easiest way to advertise! I'd love to see Sup Bro grow and hopefully inspire others to start something similar.

Thanks to OP and the others that have put the time in and continue to do so.
I was lucky enough to take my business full time and quit the SO less than a year in. The most fun I had was in in-house driving. Whipping the Tahoes around, hauling ass down dirt roads, PIT, I'm ready for my TRX! Anyways, I do full time commercial production and video work now so if you ever need help or have questions in that area please let me know. I'll do my best to help. Social media is your biggest and easiest way to advertise! I'd love to see Sup Bro grow and hopefully inspire others to start something similar.
Thank you for the kind words. Hard to comeby these days. Appreciate the donation if you are Bob.

Thanks to James C for the donation. Its appreciated and going to a great cause.

Attachments

• 0E206915-7FAE-448C-828E-A1DF41521F7A.jpeg
    0E206915-7FAE-448C-828E-A1DF41521F7A.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 16
Back