Nitrous Kit or Water/Methanol kit?

JRex

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Anyone with Hellcat nitrous kit or water/methanol kit setup and run experience? Which kit is the best?

I have 300 shot on one of my vipers, its a blast while bottle lasts.

Thinking of doing the 200 kit, probably start with 100 shot and see how it goes, then go to 200 jets. Can flow up to 400 with additional nozzles.

Last edited:
OP
JRex

JRex

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
I talked to them last night.

They said they think they can use the throttle body body nitrous plate from a Challenger Hellcat kit. As long as nothing has drastically changed. Minimum mounting points or holes, plus if you have a failure it really easy to pull off and take for warranty repair. Just change plugs and oil before.

He did warn me, as you add jetting or HP, the drive train components will start dropping like files and will be an issue off and on, until weakest links are replaced. Half shafts, ring & pinon, diff's...etc. What he was really telling me, was to keep the HP, you should expect to have to replace some of the drivetrain components with aftermarket racing level components, built to handle higher horsepower out of pocket.

He had this kit on his TrackHawk at first, they offered to install this on mine to try out free in exchange for getting time learning TRX.

But ultimately the second kit below with Hellcat supercharger lid spraying methanol/water Snow Performance 40008 - Snow Performance Boost Juice is what I am leaning toward doing.

Then all you do is fill up your methanol fuel cell with boost juice yourself, no more running to get nitrous bottles filled. This was the biggest pain with regular nitrous kit on viper. Constantly refilling nitrous tanks.

1617790965662.png

The reason I like water/methanol kit is:
1) It's basically bolt on/bolt off. If you grenade, hyperlock, valve a piston...etc. just take it off, put stock spark plugs back in, change oil and have it taken to dealer for engine replacement.

2) No more nitrous bottle refills. Taking bottle out, driving 30 minutes one way, driving home, re-installing bottles. These are all simple tasks, but after a while you just stop doing them.

3) All you have to do is refill your methanol fuel cell with boost juice bottles, anytime/anywhere you need to. It does not get any easier than that for convergence. Even better than driving to gas station.

4) Can run it with a tune or with out. To get the max out of it, probably a tune, but voids your warranty.

4) Cost

Plus how often will you need 900-1000 HP at the crank. Only when you run into some really fast super car. This kinda give you the best of both worlds and you can still unbolt and get warranty engine work. The drive-train breaks/performance upgrades to avoid in future, will have to come out of pocket, as if replaced with OEM parts, they could break again.

It was a very interesting and leaning session.

He is taking me for a ride in his 9 second 1/4 mile TrackHawk today, that will probably push me over the edge and do the methanol kit.

Anyone run methanol, any pro's and con's appreciated.

thanks

Attachments

• 1617790047231.png
    1617790047231.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 11

RasMan9

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
Alex
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX, 2021 Audi SQ7
Current Ride #2
2018 BMW M5, 2013 BMW M3
Ya'll are nuts...love it. Post pics, vids, times.

Nowwhat

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
F250, Urus, KTM
If you grenade your truck...pull the mods off
..then go to get warranty repair....you have no honor....

Jackson

HellRex Curator
Founding Member
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Bonanza A36
Current Ride #2
Ballistic 223

They said they think they can use the throttle body body nitrous plate from a Challenger Hellcat kit. As long as nothing has drastically changed. Minimum mounting points or holes, plus if you have a failure it really easy to pull off and take for warranty repair. Just change plugs and oil before.

He did warn me, as you add jetting or HP, the drive train components will start dropping like files and will be an issue off and on, until weakest links are replaced. Half shafts, ring & pinon, diff's...etc. What he was really telling me, was to keep the HP, you should expect to have to replace some of the drivetrain components with aftermarket racing level components, built to handle higher horsepower out of pocket.

He had this kit on his TrackHawk at first, they offered to install this on mine to try out free in exchange for getting time learning TRX.

But ultimately the second kit below with Hellcat supercharger lid spraying methanol/water Snow Performance 40008 - Snow Performance Boost Juice is what I am leaning toward doing.

Then all you do is fill up your methanol fuel cell with boost juice yourself, no more running to get nitrous bottles filled. This was the biggest pain with regular nitrous kit on viper. Constantly refilling nitrous tanks.

View attachment 10262

1) It's basically bolt on/bolt off. If you grenade, hyperlock, valve a piston...etc. just take it off, put stock spark plugs back in, change oil and have it taken to dealer for engine replacement.

2) No more nitrous bottle refills. Taking bottle out, driving 30 minutes one way, driving home, re-installing bottles. These are all simple tasks, but after a while you just stop doing them.

3) All you have to do is refill your methanol fuel cell with boost juice bottles, anytime/anywhere you need to. It does not get any easier than that for convergence. Even better than driving to gas station.

4) Can run it with a tune or with out. To get the max out of it, probably a tune, but voids your warranty.

4) Cost

Plus how often will you need 900-1000 HP at the crank. Only when you run into some really fast super car. This kinda give you the best of both worlds and you can still unbolt and get warranty engine work. The drive-train breaks/performance upgrades to avoid in future, will have to come out of pocket, as if replaced with OEM parts, they could break again.

He is taking me for a ride in his 9 second 1/4 mile TrackHawk today, that will probably push me over the edge and do the methanol kit.

thanks

My brother has multiple but this is something different entirely. Running methanol for 1/8 or 1/4 mile will be a different animal than this on demand type of system. I can't say I've heard of boost juice but you'll likely need to modify components along the path. Typically it's a different fuel pump, fuel line, injectors, etc.

I'm curious to hear more so keep us posted.

JB

P.S. You need a buddy as a dentist to help you solve your past nitrous issue. Big bottles of nitrous all over the place. (and a business expense..... kidding!)

ChevyLee

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
why not both?

Attachments

• tempImageaHD7Cb.png
    tempImageaHD7Cb.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 13
OP
JRex

JRex

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
My brother has multiple but this is something different entirely. Running methanol for 1/8 or 1/4 mile will be a different animal than this on demand type of system. I can't say I've heard of boost juice but you'll likely need to modify components along the path. Typically it's a different fuel pump, fuel line, injectors, etc.

I'm curious to hear more so keep us posted.

JB

P.S. You need a buddy as a dentist to help you solve your past nitrous issue. Big bottles of nitrous all over the place. (and a business expense..... kidding!)
There are pro's and con's to all systems. E85 is another way. Lots of options.

My appointment got bumped to Monday as one of the exhaust parts needed was not shipped.

I want to start slow and do it one step at a time and build on each step.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee

View attachment 10262

4) Cost

thanks
Parts generally fail due to abrupt tq. Thats why you rarely see big power cars race from a dig. They roll race for a reason.

i would set the NOX to only come on over a certain speed and rpm.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
I assume that what the advance controllers do for you in the kit?
Yeah basically but I’m not a NOX system expert by any means. I have seen it detonate the airbox on badly designed kits though

OP
JRex

JRex

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Something like these:

OkieTRX80

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram 1500 / 2021 TRX No_LE
So I purchased this plate kit, it mounts great but the fuel rail adaptor isn’t the correct size. They sent a 3/8s and I had to remove the fuel line with a 1/2 disconnect tool.

I’m looking for a way around this as the shraeder is unregulated.
Suggestions?

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Fyi. Dusterhoff said they were nervous maxing out pump gas potential then adding a 200 shot. Thought it may be too much on the driveline. I’m getting a quote from them tomorrow I think and can share the nos setup if it helps @OkieTRX80

Otherwise I’m a noob at nitrous systems. Just know what I’ve read. Never had it in a vehicle.

OkieTRX80

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram 1500 / 2021 TRX No_LE
Fyi. Dusterhoff said they were nervous maxing out pump gas potential then adding a 200 shot. Thought it may be too much on the driveline. I’m getting a quote from them tomorrow I think and can share the nos setup if it helps @OkieTRX80

Otherwise I’m a noob at nitrous systems. Just know what I’ve read. Never had it in a vehicle.

Awesome man!! I really like the NX kit. I called NX, spoke with them, and again, got a whole lot of unsurity. He said that I can use the fuel rail shrader port, only if it doesnt spike past 55psi.

But hell, we run 58psi at idle and 64-65 psi at 80% duty cycle, per factory specs

so true info would be appreciated, lol!

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Awesome man!! I really like the NX kit. I called NX, spoke with them, and again, got a whole lot of unsurity. He said that I can use the fuel rail shrader port, only if it doesnt spike past 55psi.

But hell, we run 58psi at idle and 64-65 psi at 80% duty cycle, per factory specs

so true info would be appreciated, lol!
Just spoke to Dusterhoff. They are really hesitant to put these on spray because of all the additional load from diffs/tires/etc. They didn’t quote it.

BusaDave

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M
If you grenade your truck...pull the mods off
..then go to get warranty repair....you have no honor....
No worries---the sensors and with all of the parameters that are monitored the poor guy is fooling himself. :)

BusaDave

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M

;) The "spray" was all the rage in the late 70's and early 80's!!!!! Everybody ran it! Funniest thing I have ever seen was a buddy who had a 6.6 Firebird and the solenoid stuck and emptied the bottle. It blew his mufflers off of the car! Left them on the road! I do not remember laughing that hard ---at the time was the funniest thing I had seen happen to a car!

Last edited:
RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com