🔥 MRT Black Friday Sale! Live Now! UNBEATABLE PRICE! 11/23-11/28!🔥

New tazer updates anti theft!!!!

Blackrhino28

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX LVL 2
I would be the closest to you at around 298 miles next to Fort Knox Ky followed by elk grove Illinois at around 325 miles.
Edit; if the distance is too far for a trip we can work it out to where I can come to you on a weekend and do the installation at your house if you have a garage (heated hopefully 🤞)
Sounds like a road trip for me. I'll PM you to set it up

Jakerx

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
F90 M5
Ok so I've kept my mouth shut since I'm new to these trucks and this forum and I usually stay out of things like this but from what I can tell is lately is Bill (boosted) and Z Automotive are getting railroaded pretty good. Nowhere did either of them lead anyone to believing that the tazer and it's FREE update is a security device.
Lol have you watched the YouTube video from Z Automotive on their own channel which promotes it as a theft deterrent? It’s literally in the title of the video.

TRXNUT

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX LVL2
Lol have you watched the YouTube video from Z Automotive on their own channel which promotes it as a theft deterrent? It’s literally in the title of the video.
Have you watched the video? Did you actually read what I wrote? Read it again and you'll see how I stated that they're NOT marketing it as a SECURITY DEVICE. But rather it has theft deterrant features that are programed into it. Has it been brought to light that it can be easily bypassed, yes. Again my whole point to my comment is there's people atleast trying to do something about the theft problem instead of just being keyboard warriors shitting on everyone. Why don't you develope something then? This subject seems to be beat to death with no real progress.
Cheers!

Attachments

• beating-a-dead-horse-funny.gif
    beating-a-dead-horse-funny.gif
    543.5 KB · Views: 7

Jakerx

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
F90 M5
Have you watched the video? Did you actually read what I wrote? Read it again and you'll see how I stated that they're NOT marketing it as a SECURITY DEVICE. But rather it has theft deterrant features that are programed into it. Has it been brought to light that it can be easily bypassed, yes. Again my whole point to my comment is there's people atleast trying to do something about the theft problem instead of just being keyboard warriors shitting on everyone. Why don't you develope something then? This subject seems to be beat to death with no real progress.
Cheers!
Huh? Yes, I read your post and watched the video. I also read your post a second time. The update and device combination are clearly marketed as a theft deterrent. I understand that the update is free, but now that it's included, they are advertising it as a main feature. Any reasonable human being would watch that video and believe it to be a "security" device in addition to its other features. You're pointing out a technicality based on semantics. The Tazer is a great little device, but this feature they are promoting is useless.

Fifty

TRX Maniac
Reaction score
Military
Zookeeper
So according the Brawlerfabs Facebook page…

The Tazer security still works even if the Tazer is unplugged…

Just saved a lot of people $1200 on an Igla.

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
So according the Brawlerfabs Facebook page…

The Tazer security still works even if the Tazer is unplugged…

Just saved a lot of people $1200 on an Igla.
No, currently no features on the tazer work if unplugged and even with the cover on it, it takes a second to cut the 2 can bus wires and eliminate it. It also doesn’t stop them from cloning your fob or deleting/making new ones. Igla does. Be sure to research all options for all devices to find one that does what you need it to. The update coming on the tazer shows it deactivate the throttle even when removed though but thats it.

Boosted

TRX Maniac
TRX of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 Super Stock
Military
Army
No, currently no features on the tazer work if unplugged and even with the cover on it, it takes a second to cut the 2 can bus wires and eliminate it. It also doesn’t stop them from cloning your fob or deleting/making new ones. Igla does. Be sure to research all options for all devices to find one that does what you need it to. The update coming on the tazer shows it deactivate the throttle even when removed though but thats it.
For now.... :cool:

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
So it works.

If the throttle is deactivated or reduced then that means it is working.

Cloning the fob is irrelevant if they can’t drive the vehicle.
It is relevant because it can still be opened with the fob, started, then dragged or put on a trailer/flatbed with the steering unlocked, trans in neutral and power steering and no gps tracking because the gateways and wiring is all over. 🤷‍♂️ all the information about all the security devices are in this post and others. Tazer has more updates coming and I am actually looking forward to seeing whats in store. Unless the question is directed at me I won’t answer, if you all want to put your expensive vehicle’s security in the hands of devices that at this moment will not work then so be it.

Fifty

TRX Maniac
Reaction score
Military
Zookeeper
I do.

If someone wants the truck, nothing will prevent it.
At the end of the day, the igla and the Tazer offer the same amount of protection: a hiccup a stock vehicle doesn’t have.

That’s the whole reason the club and cat shields and other devices like that “work”. It’s a simple speed bump that unless the thief NEEDs that vehicle (or part) then the speed bump will cause them to go to the next vehicle.

Let’s say I am not a retired house husband but instead I run a car theft team. I know that hellcat drivetrains get me between $8-12k if they have a transmission in good order.

So I’m going spend no more than the minimum time to get a platform on a tow rig. If I see something that could make the process longer I’ll skip and go to the next vehicle on the map.

If I have a contract with someone such as the catalytic converter teams usually do, or a contract for a car builder… then I need that vehicle and it is going to be pulled…tires locked up, in or out of gear, e brake on or off. It HAS to be taken.
The primary plan will be to drag it. Secondary will be if we can start jt.

For the overseas contracts where it is “want as complete of car which is as least molested as possible”… a club means cutting the steering wheel, the Igla or Tazer means hiccups of varying degrees. Etc etc etc.

So it’s either skip any car that shows a speed bump… or the original plan is to load the vehicle upon contact and sort it in a warehouse before loading it overseas.

Our only hope is to make joy ride and the common douche thief not want to take this car because of the added speed bump.

ChemLab

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
I installed a Viper DS4 on my 22 - shock and tilt sensor and it was pretty sensitive and obnoxious when triggered. To me, that's the step missing. As soon as they hit it they'll know it'll be a pass for them.

I guess I'm still wondering about the IGLA versus Ravelco. Am I wrong? You are not starting the truck if the plug is missing unless you take two hours and reverse the Ravelco modifications...and that's expert level.

So, noise maker deterrent - DS4. That should keep them moving on. Right?

I guess if they clone the key they could get past the DS4. Then the Ravelco would come in. Or IGLA or Tazer.

It'd be nice if RAM would prevent the cloning and have rolling codes on the FOBs.

So, what's the best combo? Facts only.

Keeping in mind if the want to use a flatbed or helicopter...you're screwed no matter the combo. 😃

MyWifeLetMe

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Ram TRX
Military
Navy
I installed a Viper DS4 on my 22 - shock and tilt sensor and it was pretty sensitive and obnoxious when triggered. To me, that's the step missing. As soon as they hit it they'll know it'll be a pass for them.

I guess I'm still wondering about the IGLA versus Ravelco. Am I wrong? You are not starting the truck if the plug is missing unless you take two hours and reverse the Ravelco modifications...and that's expert level.

So, noise maker deterrent - DS4. That should keep them moving on. Right?

I guess if they clone the key they could get past the DS4. Then the Ravelco would come in. Or IGLA or Tazer.

It'd be nice if RAM would prevent the cloning and have rolling codes on the FOBs.

So, what's the best combo? Facts only.

Keeping in mind if the want to use a flatbed or helicopter...you're screwed no matter the combo. 😃
Well if you like to keep the remote start, than the igla system would be a way to go. If it doesn't matter, ravelco is cheaper and you need the plug to start the truck.
With the igla, they showed me that even with the key in the truck, without the igla fob or pin code I set up, they could start the truck but couldn't get it out of park and the e-brake stayed engaged. They also said no other fobs could be made without unlocking the system and putting it in service mode. Not sure if ravelco has that or not.
I went with igla because I wanted to keep the remote start and because of the fact no other keys can be made unless the system is unlocked

AGTRX8

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
It is relevant because it can still be opened with the fob, started, then dragged or put on a trailer/flatbed with the steering unlocked, trans in neutral and power steering and no gps tracking because the gateways and wiring is all over. 🤷‍♂️ all the information about all the security devices are in this post and others. Tazer has more updates coming and I am actually looking forward to seeing whats in store. Unless the question is directed at me I won’t answer, if you all want to put your expensive vehicle’s security in the hands of devices that at this moment will not work then so be it.
Hey - do you know if there is an IGLA installer in north Dallas? Thank you!

MyWifeLetMe

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Ram TRX
Military
Navy

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping