🔥 RAM TRX Forum Hoodies are back in stock! 🔥

New tazer updates anti theft!!!!

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
I just watched this video and I'm alarmed you can easily defeat the Tazer update by simply unplugging it before the vehicle starts or before the countdown timer reaches 0.
Unless you going to take additional steps to protect the Tazer unit, I wouldn't recommend relying only on this only.

ChemLab

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
I just watched this video and I'm alarmed you can easily defeat the Tazer update by simply unplugging it before the vehicle starts or before the countdown timer reaches 0.
Unless you going to take additional steps to protect the Tazer unit, I wouldn't recommend relying only on this only.

@Boosted made a case for that reason. I think they ship next week.

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
Ok, so how much is igla for a Trx?

I didn’t buy the tazer for the pin security, I’m just looking for the cool features to work with a 2022.
The price is set by the manufacturer for the entire US at $1200 per install for mopar vehicles because of the added security features on them.

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)

Exactly what I have been saying since the first post about the update 🤷‍♂️

TRXNUT

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX LVL2
Ok so I've kept my mouth shut since I'm new to these trucks and this forum and I usually stay out of things like this but from what I can tell is lately is Bill (boosted) and Z Automotive are getting railroaded pretty good. Nowhere did either of them lead anyone to believing that the tazer and it's FREE update is a security device. If the people who bought it for that reason believed that then they were wrong on their own accord. I bought one (with the tazer shield) primarily for is other features but secondly knowing it was only a deterant to slow thieves down and not an actual anti theft system. I do plan on adding a shock sensor and relocating the horn to keep thieves from even wanting to get into the truck with all that noise/lights going on and hopefully only ever having to replace a window. If they succeed on getting my truck then I'll take the insurance payout, order another one and then have the Igla installed for $1200-$1600CDN and a 3 hr round trip. Like many others have stated, if the thieves want your rig bad enough they'll get it. TOTAL DISCLAIMER I do no know Bill or any members at Z Automotive personally so I don't owe anyone anything by making this post, I'm just stating my opinion on the topic.
Cheers, Bob

Last edited:

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
@Boosted made a case for that reason. I think they ship next week.
The case is designed to work on the 2018 and newer ram and trx models and the 2018 and newer jl jeeps and gladiators. The rest are obd plug based and have zero protection and even with the cover, it is still just as easy to disable. Pull the 2 twisted can bus wires from the harness and snip. If one plans on buying it to use for the pin code then I would at least get abattery backip gps unit like the drone x1 or the x1 pro. Then you can track it when its taken and the factory gps is disabled which is usually automatic if they go straight to the gateway to hook up and make a new key fob.

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Ok so I've kept my mouth shut since I'm new to these trucks and this forum and I usually stay out of things like this but from what I can tell is lately is Bill (boosted) and Z Automotive are getting railroaded pretty good. Nowhere did either of them lead anyone to believing that the tazer and it's FREE update is a security device. If the people who bought it for that reason believed that then they were wrong on their own accord. I bought one (with the tazer shield) primarily for is other features but secondly knowing it was only a deterant to slow thieves down and not an actual anti theft system. I do plan on adding a shock sensor and relocating the horn to keep thieves from even wanting to get into the truck with all that noise/lights going on and hopefully only ever having to replace a window. If they succeed on getting my truck then I'll take the insurance payout, order another one and then have the Igla installed for $1200-$1600CDN and a 3 hr round trip. Like many others have stated, if the thives want your rig bad enough they'll get it. TOTAL DISCLAIMER I do no know Bill or any members at Z Automotive personally so I don't owe anyone anything by making this post, I'm just stating my opinion on the topic.
Cheers, Bob
That's exactly what Z Automotive did on their own Youtube channel. This video they did would lead someone to believe simply buying the Tazer would prevent theft on its own. They never mention in the video, video description, or people asking them direct questions if this would work if a thief simply unplugs the Tazer. Even their website doesn't mention anywhere if this was one of the Live features that requires the unit to be plugged in.

At least Boosted mentioned that it can be disabled if someone simply unplugged the Tazer and offers a solution all in the same post.

1668838702016.png

1668839008061.png

1668839192864.png

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
That's exactly what Z Automotive did on their own Youtube channel. This video they did would lead someone to believe simply buying the Tazer would prevent theft on its own. They never mention in the video, video description, or people asking them direct questions if this would work if a thief simply unplugs the Tazer. Even their website doesn't mention anywhere if this was one of the Live features that requires the unit to be plugged in.

At least Boosted mentioned that it can be disabled if someone simply unplugged the Tazer and offers a solution all in the same post.

View attachment 55939
View attachment 55940

View attachment 55941

Thats just it, the cover is not a solution at all, it would simply stop someone from quickly stealing the tazer, that is all. You simply pull the headlight switch out, pull the last plug off the gateway and then hook up and make a new fob and disable the gps at the same time. That is exactly what they do already.

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
@IGLA Installer KY , thank you so much for your very detailed posts. They’ve helped me understand quite a bit and I am looking forward to having the system installed myself in the near future.
There are 4 installers in texas right now I believe. Whenever you’re ready I can point you to the closest one.

Grey03svt

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
If the tazer is pulled, do the 2 plugs need to be plugged been into the SGW for the truck to start and/or drive? Maybe a block off plate to the SGW that is a pain to remove of they yank the tazer?

Eighty

Dream Killer
Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 TRX (Lvl 2), Diamond Black
If you wanted the Tazer to be truly secured from removal/disablement, I can only think of one solution. Build a vault around the entire area - the canbus, the SGW bypass wiring, the Tazer, all of it. Including the hole behind the headlight switch.

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
Wonder if its possible to get the pin code to work in the regular features. That way it stays in the computer when the tazer gets disconnected.
No, not even the IGLA can do that but its very small and can be installed anywhere can bus runs which is around the entire vehicle and is hidden completely inside the harness. You can do the rf hub lock from stellantis but will cost your several thousand if you loose or break your fob or if they hook to the gateway and delete current fobs

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
If you wanted the Tazer to be truly secured from removal/disablement, I can only think of one solution. Build a vault around the entire area - the canbus, the SGW bypass wiring, the Tazer, all of it. Including the hole behind the headlight switch.
That won’t work, you can just pull the uconnect out and bypass it there, passenger kickpanel, behind the rear seats ect ect. That is just one very small spot that the can bus runs. You can’t block the entire vehicles harnesses unless you lock the entire vehicle in a vault

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
If the tazer is pulled, do the 2 plugs need to be plugged been into the SGW for the truck to start and/or drive? Maybe a block off plate to the SGW that is a pain to remove of they yank the tazer?
Honestly I think you can. The sgw’s function is to place a firewall between you and the read/write functions like clearing codes, tuning, changing parameters ect. The vehicle might still function I think and even if it didn’t, the second the scanner is hooked up with say, a Chrysler 12+8 cable or another bypass harness like those used for hptuners it will let them do what they do and have the bi-directional ability to access the systems. One of my hellcat chargers needed a bypass harness and is still connected with the sgw still disconnected but it has the electronics in it for the read/write ability’s. It is a poor made system that is easily defeated with a cheap cable.

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
Just so you have an idea of where all the can bus wiring ect is under the dash

Attachments

• D7E04D30-1C96-474B-8988-71D939EC07C0.png
    D7E04D30-1C96-474B-8988-71D939EC07C0.png
    632.8 KB · Views: 52

Hello its me

TRX Noob
Reaction score
First post in here. Waiting on my truck. Sounds like Igla is definitely the most secure way to prevent theft for now and keep remote start. Tazer helps but may provide only minimal frustrations to an inexperienced thief. Does anyone have insight into compustar and drone mobile along with Igla and how reliable compustar/drone mobile is? Drone mobile reviews/customer service sound bad on the web. The uconnect/ram gps doesnt sound extremely reliable or helpful either based on forum reviews?? Subscription prices aside, i am just curious about long term reliability (works as expected and problem free)

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
First post in here. Waiting on my truck. Sounds like Igla is definitely the most secure way to prevent theft for now and keep remote start. Tazer helps but may provide only minimal frustrations to an inexperienced thief. Does anyone have insight into compustar and drone mobile along with Igla and how reliable compustar/drone mobile is? Drone mobile reviews/customer service sound bad on the web. The uconnect/ram gps doesnt sound extremely reliable or helpful either based on forum reviews?? Subscription prices aside, i am just curious about long term reliability (works as expected and problem free)
Most of us have the option of adding the compustar drone x1 or x1 pro to give extra an extra layer of protection. Once they get into the vehicle they pull the end gateway connector which not only disables the factory gps but also allows them to delete fobs and add their own. Igla blocks that form of theft as well as the relay attacks. They won’t know the IGLA is in the vehicle until the remove the connection and hook up to make the key. When they can’t make the key fob the next thing they will do is pull the emergency neutral and some disconnect the battery just in case there is a hardwired gps and to disable any alarm and then push it away so they can then load it on a flatbed or simply drag it to where they want. The drone adds a battery backup gps with real time live tracking. The pro also has glass break, tilt, towing, and shock sensors and sends the alerts straight to your phone. When used together it is a proven combination that will keep your vehicle where you left it. Disabling or relocating the neutral pull is also encouraged.

Blackrhino28

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX LVL 2
Evening all, this is my first post here on the forum. My truck is getting delivered Wednesday. I had no ideal that theft was rampant with the Hellcat based vehicles. Looks like I'll be sleeping in mine the first couple of nights. Seriously, it looks as if I need to get IGLA installed even before the Borla ATAK thats sitting in the garage. Any installers in the Saint Louis, Mo. vicinity? If not can someone point me to the closest ones and some contact info. Thanks in advance.

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
Evening all, this is my first post here on the forum. My truck is getting delivered Wednesday. I had no ideal that theft was rampant with the Hellcat based vehicles. Looks like I'll be sleeping in mine the first couple of nights. Seriously, it looks as if I need to get IGLA installed even before the Borla ATAK thats sitting in the garage. Any installers in the Saint Louis, Mo. vicinity? If not can someone point me to the closest ones and some contact info. Thanks in advance.
I would be the closest to you at around 298 miles next to Fort Knox Ky followed by elk grove Illinois at around 325 miles.
Edit; if the distance is too far for a trip we can work it out to where I can come to you on a weekend and do the installation at your house if you have a garage (heated hopefully 🤞)

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping