🦃 Happy Thanksgiving from @Solisracinggroup 🦃

New tazer updates anti theft!!!!

Big Rex kc

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram Trx
Folks I do believe we might have reached the end of the hellcat based vehicle theft. Been communicating closely with Joe Z over at at Z automotive!!!! Testing some tazer filmware on my 2021 Trx and I must say that I am impressed!!!!!. Youtube link will n posted later!!!! Please subscribe like and share!!! Help spread the word. Joe and his team is really trying to pout a stop to all these stolen vehicles and give us piece mind.

Attachments

• received_497288705777887.jpeg
    received_497288705777887.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 690
OP
OP
Big Rex kc

Big Rex kc

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram Trx
Folks I do believe we might have reached the end of the hellcat based vehicle theft. Been communicating closely with Joe Z over at at Z automotive!!!! Testing some tazer filmware on my 2021 Trx and I must say that I am impressed!!!!!. Youtube link will n posted later!!!! Please subscribe like and share!!! Help spread the word. Joe and his team is really trying to pout a stop to all these stolen vehicles and give us piece mind.
<<<<<< Copy youtube link search like subscribe comment

4GIVEN1

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram Trx
Have some questions…
So typically when the TRX is stolen the thief breaks the window, plugs in computer to OBD port and makes a new key. While I know the Tazor uses a PIN code, would the thief still be able to make a new key leaving your key worthless when you find your truck?

I have been looking into theft protection between Revelco and IGLA. It seems the ones with these systems, while the owners don’t have their trucks stolen, the revelco still has to tow theirs to dealer to have keys reprogrammed to computer while IGLA blocks this.

This Tazor is a much more cost efficient option but worried it will cost more at dealer after an attempted theft.

Last edited:

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Only issue I have is the countdown needs to be way shorter or adjustable. 20 seconds is plenty time for some to roll your truck on a trailer.

And I just thought about this, does the Tazer have to always be plugged in?

Last edited:

Viper1500

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2014 Dodge Viper
Only issue I have is the countdown needs to be way shorter or adjustable. 20 seconds is plenty time for some to roll your truck on a trailer.

From what I saw it looks like if they start the truck and try to take it out of park before the pin is entered, it instantly locks down.
And if I understand correctly the Tazer does have to stay plugged in and that's the reason for the other piece to lock it in.

Tom488

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Tried to download 18.1.7 from Z Automotive's website - 404 error (file not found). Did they already pull it?

Rubicon Bear

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
22' TRX
Current Ride #2
16' Ram 3500 Dually
I like the idea of this, after watching the video my questions are if the parking brake is applied after the countdown and the truck is already at speeds over 10 mph what happens then? I havent tested this on my truck but usually the electronics do not allow it to be engaged for fear of hurting the truck. Also would the thief be able to simply disengage the parking brake by releasing it normally?

karturk1

FIREBALL
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX, level 2
This is great news as I already have the Tazer but it has to be plugged into a computer to receive the download and all the settings have to be set up again when plugged back into the truck or just the theft part has to be set up?

cobrar97

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 RAM Limited
This is great news as I already have the Tazer but it has to be plugged into a computer to receive the download and all the settings have to be set up again when plugged back into the truck or just the theft part has to be set up?
Everything is saved...you can just unplug, update, and plug back in.
OR...if you have a laptop, you can simply update it in the truck.

Vinny

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone with a 2022 update yet and see noticable improvement in menu? My tazer menu makes me want to drive into a tree currently and I'm curious if the update fixed the issues.

OP
OP
Big Rex kc

Big Rex kc

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram Trx

Yes always plugged in unless ur going for service

ASR

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
Raptor
Anybody try the Tazer that is also using mobilistics? I asssume there are not any conflicts.

Superbrowndude

TRX Junkie
2x TRX of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 TRX
Current Ride #2
87 GN 10s in 1/4, 08 Cobalt SS, High 12s/92 Foxbody
Anyone with a 2022 update yet and see noticable improvement in menu? My tazer menu makes me want to drive into a tree currently and I'm curious if the update fixed the issues.
Yes the response time in the menu has gotten way quicker!

OP
OP
Big Rex kc

Big Rex kc

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram Trx
They say joe has im.a 21

LDN

TRX Fan
Reaction score
So, how does this lock actually work? Can you put the truck into neutral or drive it in the first 20 seconds? 20 seconds is long enough for someone to drive it onto a flatbed. If the truck is shutdown and restarted after the 20 seconds are up do you get another 20 seconds to move it some more?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping