NEW New Internal Bypass Rear King Shocks

Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Stopped by King today and saw the third revision of the new 3.5" Internal Bypass rear shocks they will be releasing. These are getting installed on their development TRX today and will be tested until production starts next month. Please reach out with any questions or if you'd like to order yours alongside our billet suspension products!

IMG_5150.jpeg

Will these have the same performance as the other rear bypass shocks they offer?

Will these have the same performance as the other rear bypass shocks they offer?
That’s to be seen. The external bypass shocks have more adjustability for sure but the 3.5 ibp is no slouch.

I’ll have my hands on one of the first sets in around 5 weeks and will likely be testing on my personal truck.

Maybe a Stupid question, will these help prevent damage from a nose dive landing?

Maybe a Stupid question, will these help prevent damage from a nose dive landing?
These shocks are for the rear but the front kings they are usually sold with would potentially help. If you nose dive and land on your bumper, shocks won’t help you there. If you land nose heavy but on the front tires first, that’s where the shocks will make a huge difference as there compression damping is significantly better than the stock Bilsteins.

Will there be a price difference?

And what led to the change from externals?

Stopped by King today and saw the third revision of the new 3.5" Internal Bypass rear shocks they will be releasing. These are getting installed on their development TRX today and will be tested until production starts next month. Please reach out with any questions or if you'd like to order yours alongside our billet suspension products!

View attachment 90655
Will these be quiet or ....
70d5687f-4930-43a4-9e60-88f05dfe0254_text.gif

Will there be a price difference?

And what led to the change from externals?
Will these be quiet or ....
View attachment 91003
My bet is that they will be quiet since that's the same design as my front kings and they are quiet.
Price will be the same from what we're being told.

The change is all motivated by the external bypass clicking. The goal with the new IBP shock is to provide as much capability offroad as possible while keeping the truck as close to factory everywhere else.

Reactions: esm
race truck parts will make race truck noises!
can't believe they designed new shocks to accommodate the p*ssies!
These shocks are no joke on the TRX. Pretty incredible that a shock package and free moving suspension components can rival purpose built pre runner performance.

There are plenty of customers that don't need the race truck level of ability, hence the new IBPs in the rear.

That said, I'll keep external bypasses on my truck! We're doing some testing with a couple of options to quiet things up for those that need more performance than the IBP can offer but don't want the clickity clacking.

These shocks are no joke on the TRX. Pretty incredible that a shock package and free moving suspension components can rival purpose built pre runner performance.

There are plenty of customers that don't need the race truck level of ability, hence the new IBPs in the rear.

That said, I'll keep external bypasses on my truck! We're doing some testing with a couple of options to quiet things up for those that need more performance than the IBP can offer but don't want the clickity clacking.
Can't wait for my UCA and trailing arms in a few weeks! Clickity clackers to follow.

Reactions: esm
I never heard my Fox 3.0's on my 2013 Raptor unless I had the windows down. It will be interesting to see the difference in performance from the noisy shocks to the quite ones.

The one thing that king needs to do is offer a shaft protector for the external bypass shocks.

The one thing that king needs to do is offer a shaft protector for the external bypass shocks.
I’m curious if they will sell the one they use on the ibps

Just googled it and they do but idk if it would hit the bypass tubes

I’ve seen these used a bunch. Might be worth calling king too. They can give recommendations. https://a.co/d/dWrvOdV

Other option is to zip tie a piece of rubber to the lower part of the shock body.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back