TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Tundra Supercharged with King Off-road suspension
Current Ride #2
Husqvarna TX300i, KTM 350 XC, Yamaha YZ 125
So I’d like to propose a new category to this forum. I propose “Offroad” or “TRX grind” or anything that discuses our use and experiences with this beast. No aftermarket doodads. No posing. No flash, just us out there using these trucks as they are designed to be used.

@Bambi, you should get us started.

In my case, I took truck from Durango to Telluride this weekend and drove imogene, Ophir and scotch creek passes. This truck laughs at that shit. Black Bear is next when I can find a passenger that has the cajones. I went up Scotch Creek this evening in a monsson with river running down it. A couple in a well outfitted Tacoma was coming down after getting turned back due to conditions. I stopped on a nasty climb and rolled down my window to ask what they saw and they looked terrified. They said “don’t go, turn around, its so slippery and tight, you won’t make it.“. My dog started barking at them at that moment as to say “ shut the f*ck up, we are going”. I took that as a sign. Boudreaux (my pitty) and I pushed on and I would have stopped to take some pics but I was alone and the conditions didn’t warrant getting out of the vehicle. It was soup. Or grease. Or greasy soup. It was nasty with inches on either side at times due to down tress. We submitted at around 10,000” and the sky opened up. Clear sailing from there. Thank god because I didn’t see a sole out there and thee was absolutely no chance of turning this beast around. Way too narrow and steep.

A bit of the technical talk here. I aired down to 27psi in the tires and once it got real greasy I went to mud/sand mode. That was tits. I could see where the Tacoma failed and backed down the trail and turned around. They made a mess of any existing trail whatsoever. It the TRX never slipped and never lost composure. It was impressive. I did this trail at night once in my rock crawling D90 years ago and swore never to return in the rain. Well Boudreaux wasn’t there then and she wanted to proceed so we did. 😉. The D90 was more agile and overall better able to maneuver the terrain but I gotta give this monster credit. The only thing that slowed the TRX down was trees sticking so far into the trail that my rear tires had to go over them or else we were going for an unpleasant ride, if you know what I mean.

Summary, this suspension is fantastic so far. The truck is tight and precise. No rattles whatsoeve,yet. The modes work and the tires have tons of grip. If anyone knows the red clY soup of the San Juans then you know how slippery it is. Side note, the Tacoma was on Toyo’s. I think it was slightly more related to the mud/sand mode but I literally never lost grip. And they didn’t make it up the first obstacle. This was a real commitment because sliding off the cliff or worse was a real possibility. So I am sole on the GY’s at least for the summer.

im sure there is more to this adventure that I am not remembering 3 martini’s into it so fire away with questions.
And let’s start a “real” offroad link here and get these trucks out thee. Go @Bambi and all the others that are using their trucks or plan too. It’s only money and I may have scratched the shit out of mine today but I’m sleeping better tonignt. Those scratches are only Colorado Racing Stripes.

FYI for you guys/gals that do this with your dog as copilot only. I found the best system is to side the passenger front seat all the way towards the dash (it really gets up there). The put a decently large dog bed in the seat. Raise it as high as it goes so Fido can watch things go bye. Cheers, Futant.

Ok, I’m back.

To give an idea of how bad the rains were. The day before we tried to go over Ophir Pass. This is a simple pass that a sedan could do with the right driver. We got 1 mile up and a Tacoma (yes another incapable Tacoma) was stuck so bad in a washout on a switchback coming from above that his belly was the only thing really touching the ground. Meaning his wheels (all4) were useless. This all happened in a matter of seconds. He and his wife and 2yo could have easily been washed off the mountain. We got him out thankfully. Safe and sound. 🙄

I do t think I have ever seen a man so happy to be out of a hole. 🤣

but seriously his wife and chi,d were stilln the Tacoma and more mud, rocks and water was still coming dowe. it wasn’t bueno.

Good stories, my trucks been in storage but hope to change all of that in 4 to 6 months. I’m looking forward to more desert speed,get air kind of stuff!!

@Bambi, you should get us started
So you want to hear the song of my people? Good excuse to break out the go pro’s.

I’m going to put one as pov in cab. Have a second one on a suction mount. Thinking passenger side window facing backwards or on passenger rear fender. Thoughts?

So you want to hear the song of my people? Good excuse to break out the go pro’s.

I’m going to put one as pov in cab. Have a second one on a suction mount. Thinking passenger side window facing backwards or on passenger rear fender. Thoughts?
That sounds like as good a spot as any.

So I’d like to propose a new category to this forum. I propose “Offroad” or “TRX grind” or anything that discuses our use and experiences with this beast. No aftermarket doodads. No posing. No flash, just us out there using these trucks as they are designed to be used.

@Bambi, you should get us started.

In my case, I took truck from Durango to Telluride this weekend and drove imogene, Ophir and scotch creek passes. This truck laughs at that shit. Black Bear is next when I can find a passenger that has the cajones. I went up Scotch Creek this evening in a monsson with river running down it. A couple in a well outfitted Tacoma was coming down after getting turned back due to conditions. I stopped on a nasty climb and rolled down my window to ask what they saw and they looked terrified. They said “don’t go, turn around, its so slippery and tight, you won’t make it.“. My dog started barking at them at that moment as to say “ shut the f*ck up, we are going”. I took that as a sign. Boudreaux (my pitty) and I pushed on and I would have stopped to take some pics but I was alone and the conditions didn’t warrant getting out of the vehicle. It was soup. Or grease. Or greasy soup. It was nasty with inches on either side at times due to down tress. We submitted at around 10,000” and the sky opened up. Clear sailing from there. Thank god because I didn’t see a sole out there and thee was absolutely no chance of turning this beast around. Way too narrow and steep.

A bit of the technical talk here. I aired down to 27psi in the tires and once it got real greasy I went to mud/sand mode. That was tits. I could see where the Tacoma failed and backed down the trail and turned around. They made a mess of any existing trail whatsoever. It the TRX never slipped and never lost composure. It was impressive. I did this trail at night once in my rock crawling D90 years ago and swore never to return in the rain. Well Boudreaux wasn’t there then and she wanted to proceed so we did. 😉. The D90 was more agile and overall better able to maneuver the terrain but I gotta give this monster credit. The only thing that slowed the TRX down was trees sticking so far into the trail that my rear tires had to go over them or else we were going for an unpleasant ride, if you know what I mean.

Summary, this suspension is fantastic so far. The truck is tight and precise. No rattles whatsoeve,yet. The modes work and the tires have tons of grip. If anyone knows the red clY soup of the San Juans then you know how slippery it is. Side note, the Tacoma was on Toyo’s. I think it was slightly more related to the mud/sand mode but I literally never lost grip. And they didn’t make it up the first obstacle. This was a real commitment because sliding off the cliff or worse was a real possibility. So I am sole on the GY’s at least for the summer.

im sure there is more to this adventure that I am not remembering 3 martini’s into it so fire away with questions.
And let’s start a “real” offroad link here and get these trucks out thee. Go @Bambi and all the others that are using their trucks or plan too. It’s only money and I may have scratched the shit out of mine today but I’m sleeping better tonignt. Those scratches are only Colorado Racing Stripes.
I live in N.C. Did black bear pass back in 1999 in a stock land rover discovery. We had 50 of them on the trail. It was Awesome but a d90 would have been better. Better yet the TRX!

Last edited:
Black bear would scare the shit out of me in any vehicle. I saw a post that someone rolled down it just the other day. I want to head down and do imogene at some point.

The keep that rolled off BB was in 2019. The driver either didn’t put on the ebrake or left it in neutral or something when he stepped out to spot another Jeep coming down. The poor lady in the passenger seat went for a wild ride and then a helicopter to the hospital. She was busted up badly. A very unfortunate event.

I have done BB a few times in a D90 which was perfect for the trail. This truck would make it fine but there is one real pukker point at the top that’s pretty nasty.

I’ll be up there roaming around the whole month of August!! Black Bear pass is one I haven’t done, maybe this year!!🍻

Reactions: Two
The keep that rolled off BB was in 2019. The driver either didn’t put on the ebrake or left it in neutral or something when he stepped out to spot another Jeep coming down. The poor lady in the passenger seat went for a wild ride and then a helicopter to the hospital. She was busted up badly. A very unfortunate event.

I have done BB a few times in a D90 which was perfect for the trail. This truck would make it fine but there is one real pukker point at the top that’s pretty nasty.
There was one a week ago that was a Ram pickup. No injuries, not as bad as the Jeep in 19. Closed the pass for a day for cleanup of the truck though.

Great start @Futant. Can't wait for some more nut buckling stories in this category 🤣

Just leaving Ouray. What a super truck to take on trails. Effortlessly goes where you point it. More picts later...
Everyone should off road their TRX. F,,,ing awesome.
20210806_110520.jpg
20210803_103420.jpg

Glad to see this category. The amount of brodozer TRX’s is mind boggling. I bought mine (replaced a Power Wagon) for desert trips and towing my Mission Overland trailer so plan to really use it. I have a Rubicon AEV JL370 EcoDiesel for more technical, narrow trails but excited to get the TRX out and see what it can do on everything else!

Headed to telluride September 1st with a bunch of overland vehicles and then on to Moab. Thanks for making this category!

Headed to telluride September 1st with a bunch of overland vehicles and then on to Moab. Thanks for making this category!
when you said "overland vehicles" i read jeeps.

Back