New Build, Shooting for a 9.9 on Stock 35's

AZDinoPwr

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Just curious; why did you go with additional porting on the Whipple? Because of the higher flowing heads and cam? I was under the impression more air volume comes at the expense of bottom end power but then is made up on the top end when you bring in more rpm. Is that how it works, in general?
That logic works for turbos and centrifugal blowers but not PD or twin screws. No downside to adding CFM without upping boost.

AZDinoPwr

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Got around to gathering up parts now that the new whipple blowers are more readily available and doing round 2 of a build on my TRX.
Old build was one of the first trucks to crack into the 10s on stock 35's back in the summer of 21. combo back then was stock ported kong blower and snout, 108 tb, 5" intake to stock air box i fabbed up myself, id1300cc injectors e85, 2.5 upper and arh longtubes and no cats. went 10.90 @ 126 on the stock wheel tire combo.
New build consists of a Kong Ported 3.0 Whipple and Snout, 120 Kong TB, Fore intank tripple pump combo for fueling (not a fan of boost a bump solutions), Meesh tuned stage 1 cam, frankenstein stage 1 cylinder heads (CNC port, Springs, Stock valves as there is piston to valve clearance concerns going to larger valve on the stock pistons) S&B intake that we are going to modify the elbow to the Kong TB to 5". And Pinning the crank this time around with the bigger whipple unit on there.
going to be pushing the stock bottom end pretty hard with this combo on e85 to try and hit the goal of 9.9 on the stock 35's so we will see how long it holds up, in the meantime going to start gathering stuff together to do a short block on the side.
Here is some current pictures of the parts rolling in, build will start probably end of February
You planning on staying on stock rubber or a different set of 35s?

SC_Titan

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 TRX
Does it make more sense to buy the stage 1 whipple and send to Kong for porting and add their 120 TB vs a stage 2 with whipple’s port and their smaller TB

10mpg

Now 7mpg on E85
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX Granite Metallic
happy to know i won't be the only one putting the hurt on this poor 8hp95

Boosted

TRX Maniac
TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 Super Stock
Military
Army
Look forward to see you out at Pacific Raceways! Sadly I have detuned my TRX now that it has been relegated to tow pig duties but who knows, I could throw the pulley back on it, load the corn tune and spray it for some fun. :cool: