ace32x

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
4500 whp Promod c6 Z06 vette
Current Ride #2
2015 3500 Compound Built Duramax 1100 whp
Got around to gathering up parts now that the new whipple blowers are more readily available and doing round 2 of a build on my TRX.
Old build was one of the first trucks to crack into the 10s on stock 35's back in the summer of 21. combo back then was stock ported kong blower and snout, 108 tb, 5" intake to stock air box i fabbed up myself, id1300cc injectors e85, 2.5 upper and arh longtubes and no cats. went 10.90 @ 126 on the stock wheel tire combo.
New build consists of a Kong Ported 3.0 Whipple and Snout, 120 Kong TB, Fore intank tripple pump combo for fueling (not a fan of boost a bump solutions), Meesh tuned stage 1 cam, frankenstein stage 1 cylinder heads (CNC port, Springs, Stock valves as there is piston to valve clearance concerns going to larger valve on the stock pistons) S&B intake that we are going to modify the elbow to the Kong TB to 5". And Pinning the crank this time around with the bigger whipple unit on there.
going to be pushing the stock bottom end pretty hard with this combo on e85 to try and hit the goal of 9.9 on the stock 35's so we will see how long it holds up, in the meantime going to start gathering stuff together to do a short block on the side.
Here is some current pictures of the parts rolling in, build will start probably end of February

Attachments

• kong 120 1.jpg
    kong 120 1.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 97
  • kong 120.jpg
    kong 120.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.0 kong 2.jpg
    3.0 kong 2.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.0 kong 1.jpg
    3.0 kong 1.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.0 kong.jpg
    3.0 kong.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 59
  • pushrods.jpg
    pushrods.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 56
  • cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 54

AZDinoPwr

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Got around to gathering up parts now that the new whipple blowers are more readily available and doing round 2 of a build on my TRX.
Old build was one of the first trucks to crack into the 10s on stock 35's back in the summer of 21. combo back then was stock ported kong blower and snout, 108 tb, 5" intake to stock air box i fabbed up myself, id1300cc injectors e85, 2.5 upper and arh longtubes and no cats. went 10.90 @ 126 on the stock wheel tire combo.
New build consists of a Kong Ported 3.0 Whipple and Snout, 120 Kong TB, Fore intank tripple pump combo for fueling (not a fan of boost a bump solutions), Meesh tuned stage 1 cam, frankenstein stage 1 cylinder heads (CNC port, Springs, Stock valves as there is piston to valve clearance concerns going to larger valve on the stock pistons) S&B intake that we are going to modify the elbow to the Kong TB to 5". And Pinning the crank this time around with the bigger whipple unit on there.
going to be pushing the stock bottom end pretty hard with this combo on e85 to try and hit the goal of 9.9 on the stock 35's so we will see how long it holds up, in the meantime going to start gathering stuff together to do a short block on the side.
Here is some current pictures of the parts rolling in, build will start probably end of February
Welcome back Morris! Looks like a solid build. No juice?

OP
OP
ace32x

ace32x

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Welcome back Morris! Looks like a solid build. No juice?
no sir, think the blower will already be at the limit of the bottom end on e haha. Joe is actually going to do the install and nic the tune for me on this one. Didnt want to mess with wiring in the fore fuel set up

AZDinoPwr

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
no sir, think the blower will already be at the limit of the bottom end on e haha. Joe is actually going to do the install and nic the tune for me on this one. Didnt want to mess with wiring in the fore fuel set up
Good stuff. Going full time e85? Yea Joe handled my triple Fore setup on the V and it was amazing. Fuel for days haha.

OP
OP
ace32x

ace32x

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Good stuff. Going full time e85? Yea Joe handled my triple Fore setup on the V and it was amazing. Fuel for days haha.
2 maps with different uppers pump and an e map

Gambowski

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX SandBlast
Current Ride #2
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Nice! This build sounds legit, I live around the Puyallup area, so I hope to see this monster running around.

OP
OP
ace32x

ace32x

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Nice! This build sounds legit, I live around the Puyallup area, so I hope to see this monster running around.
small world! im right by the cemetery coming up 9th above the fair grounds

Gambowski

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX SandBlast
Current Ride #2
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
No doubt, small world indeed. I grew up on 78th and Canyon Rd and graduated from PHS. I'm out in Orting now. I Look forward to following your build! Maybe the PNW TRX Owners will do a meet-up someday.

Mack0092

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Mercedes GLE, 2015 HellCat Challenger, 2011 F350 King Ranch
You savage. I love it.

Crunch12268

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 TRX Stock
Finally some entertainment here. Tired of reading about security systems and lights. 🤣

Curt just finished the 91 tuning on my Whipple build, can't wait until it gets warmer out to up the boost and break out the corn.

OP
OP
ace32x

ace32x

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Finally some entertainment here. Tired of reading about security systems and lights. 🤣

Curt just finished the 91 tuning on my Whipple build, can't wait until it gets warmer out to up the boost and break out the corn.
him and travis did a great job on my tune on the stock blower combo. using a different tuner this time around as im having my friends shop do the install since im going to be pretty tied up with work feb and march (usually do it myself) and they have a good in house tuner.

SC_Titan

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 TRX
would like to hear more on the head/cam combo.

Looking at a 3.0 or 3.8 myself.

Looking forward to seeing your finished product.

OP
OP
ace32x

ace32x

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
would like to hear more on the head/cam combo.

Looking at a 3.0 or 3.8 myself.

Looking forward to seeing your finished product.
frakenstein stage 1 heads and the meesh tuned cam its a 23x 24x on 115 .600 lift intake and exhaust

OP
OP
ace32x

ace32x

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
does the head/cam pkg let you push the sbe harder? I know a 3.0 could probably make enough steam to pop one by itself.
no weak link is probably the wrist pins or the piston itself i would think. just will make more power with out turning the blower as hard so iat's and heat soak are not as big of an issue. shooting for 1050 ish on e85 and see how it holds up at the track, will spend most of its time on 92 though so we will see how it holds up.

Crunch12268

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 TRX Stock
Just curious; why did you go with additional porting on the Whipple? Because of the higher flowing heads and cam? I was under the impression more air volume comes at the expense of bottom end power but then is made up on the top end when you bring in more rpm. Is that how it works, in general?

OP
OP
ace32x

ace32x

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Just curious; why did you go with additional porting on the Whipple? Because of the higher flowing heads and cam? I was under the impression more air volume comes at the expense of bottom end power but then is made up on the top end when you bring in more rpm. Is that how it works, in general?
any additional flow pre compressing of the air ( the rotors in the blower ) is just free power. the cam i went with isnt aggressive enough to really shift the power curve. just more cfm across the board with more valve lift coupled with the ported heads.
Have done a number of modified big power PD cars over the years and imo any additional power you can get from not just pulleying down is ideal as the more blower rpm you spin obviously the more heat you create for intake air temps and the motor overall which inevitably will result in power loss from timing reduction.
You could easily throw a non ported 3.0 on a stock long block and make 1k whp for alot cheaper and be fine for ripping around town or even a pass at the strip.
Wanted something that generated less heat and would be fine for making more power for extended rips like out in the dunes or up on the logging roads and stuff locally but could still go rip a low 10s maybe an upper 9 at the dragstrip with no changes

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping