New 2023 TRX owner. Needs recs for new rails

Sportsdoc

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 TRX
Factory rock rails are tiny, 2-3” wide? Can hardly get my foot on them and still too high for my wife. Also want to protect paint from rocks…suggestions?

my 21 had the rock rails and I loved how they looked however total pain in the ass to get in the truck. I ordered the mopar off road running boards on my 23 and I love those also. a lot easier to live with

+1 for the MOPAR off road running boards. If you need to off road protection they are your best choice.

my 21 had the rock rails and I loved how they looked however total pain in the ass to get in the truck. I ordered the mopar off road running boards on my 23 and I love those also. a lot easier to live with
Were those part #82215508AD? Looking for wider rails than the rock rails mine came with…

I didn’t think I’d like the off-road running boards but they grew on me very quickly. I came from a Limited with the power steps and was sure I wanted them… nah, I’ll save the $2000 instead. I like that they offer some kind of protection from rocks flicking up and also from lower car doors (read: the wife’s car) from hitting my paintwork as it’ll hit the rails before my truck. That’s worth $2000 on its own.

I just went back in my email and price checked. The RB10’s have gone up in price considerably since I purchased them. They come with two coating options…regular textured black and an optional bed liner type coating. I purchased the regular textured coating as it was a less expensive and I figured it would be easier to keep clean. I paid $476 for them back in September of last year. They’ve held up great so far.

I have the RB20’s and had them since my22 was new. Love them!

I switched out the factory rock rails for the mopar off road running boards on my 2021. Excellent choice!

Pics of factory rock rails versus factory off road running boards posted somehwere else on this forum previously:

ROCK_RAILS_2.png

The off road running boards are great. Good amount of step room and some side protection as well

IMG_1065.jpeg

Go Rino SB 20 with protective bed coating for me. Happy with them. Coating looks durable, protects from stones and most importantly, door dings.

Looking for a set of rock rails for sale, anyone willing to sell, as it appears you guys are going with wider running boards? I have a set of running boards as well, but looking for rock rails for off-roading trips. Let me know.

I have a set of rock rails for sale if you're still needing them.

Were those part #82215508AD? Looking for wider rails than the rock rails mine came with…
That is what I ordered and put on my 23. Love them. Glad I got mine when I did (June 2023), got them brand new for $1225. They have jumped in price.

Offroad running boards actually do surprisingly well on the rocks. We've got the RRO kicker rock sliders. Definitely more stepping room than OEM rock rails but sig less than true running boards

You can check out mine in action and @BryanE4435 OEM offroad running boards as well from diff angles/etc

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back