Need Some Help - K&N Air Filters

El Jefe

Living The Dream
TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Lvl. 2 Hydro Blue TRX
. . .if this has already been discussed in this hallowed forum, please provide the link(s) - if not, I'm having one heck of a time trying to find any type of cross-reference information to replace the OEM air filters with K&N's. Beginning to think K&N doesn't even make them for the TRX.

Any and all help is appreciated!

I believe K&N doesn't make one yet. I know AFE has drop in filter https://afepower.com/afe-power-30-10401rm-magnum-flow-pro-5r-air-filter
. . .just ordered aFe's Pro-5R (p/n 30-10401RM) directly from them and was able to commandeer a 10% discount code prior to dropping the hammer. :cool: Went w/ the Pro-5R due to it providing the best air-flow of the 3 filter options.

NOTE: If you go to aFe's website and enter a 2022 RAM TRX - none of the air filter options pull up. You have to enter a 2021 RAM TRX to see and order all 3 filter options (Pro-Dry S, Pro-Gaurd7 & Pro-5R) for the 2022 model year.

. . .if this has already been discussed in this hallowed forum, please provide the link(s) - if not, I'm having one heck of a time trying to find any type of cross-reference information to replace the OEM air filters with K&N's. Beginning to think K&N doesn't even make them for the TRX.

Any and all help is appreciated!
I had ordered "TRX" K&N filters from a Hellcat shop in FL back in 2021 and found out they don't fit... K&N filters have soft rubber outsides and do not seal when set inside the stock air housing. They also are a bit larger than the housing. AFe 5 Pro R all day!

. . .just ordered aFe's Pro-5R (p/n 30-10401RM) directly from them and was able to commandeer a 10% discount code prior to dropping the hammer. :cool: Went w/ the Pro-5R due to it providing the best air-flow of the 3 filter options.

NOTE: If you go to aFe's website and enter a 2022 RAM TRX - none of the air filter options pull up. You have to enter a 2021 RAM TRX to see and order all 3 filter options (Pro-Dry S, Pro-Gaurd7 & Pro-5R) for the 2022 model year.
You prefer the oiled media / washable? Asking because other than dirt bikes, I have never been a fan of the washable filters.
If they are really that good, may I should switch?

You prefer the oiled media / washable? Asking because other than dirt bikes, I have never been a fan of the washable filters.
If they are really that good, may I should switch?
. . .I do prefer them. The K&N I was originally looking for was going to be oiled media.

Sound a tad louder than stock? I assume you removed the engine cover as well to lessen sound deadening.
. . .actually kept the cover on - and it was still a bit louder than stock. You can hear the supercharger easier.

does this come in a set of 2 or have to order 2 separately?
a pair of filters. Been running these myself for the past few months. Love these until I finally pull the trigger of a complete system replacement.

a pair of filters. Been running these myself for the past few months. Love these until I finally pull the trigger of a complete system replacement.
thank you for clarifying, i think ill go with these too for now.. had my eye on the s&b cai, but not sure if i can tolerate the constant whine of the s/c with it..

thank you for clarifying, i think ill go with these too for now.. had my eye on the s&b cai, but not sure if i can tolerate the constant whine of the s/c with it..
No problem. Just to let you know, there is a slight noticeable increase in SC whine but nothing in comparison to a full kit.

No problem. Just to let you know, there is a slight noticeable increase in SC whine but nothing in comparison to a full kit.
. . .one of the reasons I left the engine cover on vs. leaving it off - not to mention I think it acts as a heat shield for the hood.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back