My order was dropped. Trying to find MSRP or less. Located in Oregon, but will travel!

tank3d

TRX Member
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 Hellcat Challenger, 2021 Supra A91, 2020 Supra, 2015 Chevy 2500 Duramax
Military
Strong supporter, but have not served
As stated, my order got dropped. I've been waiting for years, had everything lined up, including a price below MSRP, my dealer did not get any allocation. There have been no updates in the forum for a bit. I will happily travel and drive the truck home. I drove my Hellcat back from Tomball, Texas. Your help is appreciated.

This user has an extra order he thinking of letting go...

These states are the ones that have had the most allocations, could probably concentrate your search in California

1601049222137.png

I think you just get on the phone and starting calling CDJR dealers. I got so frustrated that I decided to just wait for the 2nd round of allocations. Dealers near me were asking non-refundable ADM payments, up front. I've had a least one contact me this week who said they were still asking ADM but said could "Make an offer" he could take to his manager.......LOL, the more things change, the more they stay the same in the car business.

I think you just get on the phone and starting calling CDJR dealers. I got so frustrated that I decided to just wait for the 2nd round of allocations. Dealers near me were asking non-refundable ADM payments, up front. I've had a least one contact me this week who said they were still asking ADM but said could "Make an offer" he could take to his manager.......LOL, the more things change, the more they stay the same in the car business.
Agreed. I'm tired. Just spent days working with a sales person in Florida who posted on the FB Group 'Ram 1500 TRX.' I started off saying I won't pay over MSRP. Today he give me a quote...$6K over MSRP, $1K doc fee, $400 window tinting, $450 Florida License, $400 in tags....Total $100,127. I politely declined and said I will never pay over MSRP. My build sheet was at $91,400.

I posted on his FB thread trying to sell the TRX on the TRX page that he is $6K over MSRP and $1K doc fee...now he is harassing me through messenger and on FB. LOL

Last edited:
Hang in there bud. The market is definitely already turning and if you can wait til years end I'd bet there will be better deals to be had. I was going to buy mine up your way, but they decided they wanted $5k ADM so I can't recommend them to you unfortunately.

To be clear, did FCA drop your order or did the dealer just cancel it due to lack of allocations?

Hang in there bud. The market is definitely already turning and if you can wait til years end I'd bet there will be better deals to be had. I was going to buy mine up your way, but they decided they wanted $5k ADM so I can't recommend them to you unfortunately.

To be clear, did FCA drop your order or did the dealer just cancel it due to lack of allocations?
Lack of allocations...as in zero allocations.

Lack of allocations...as in zero allocations.
Heard from my dealer yesterday (Texas) that next allocations will begin in November.. Now don’t quote me that’s just what they told me and that’s what FCA told them... as always a grain or 2 of salt.

Heard from my dealer yesterday (Texas) that next allocations will begin in November.. Now don’t quote me that’s just what they told me and that’s what FCA told them... as always a grain or 2 of salt.
That would be excellent. Do you know if a dealer did not get a first round allocation if they would be in the second round? If so, I may be able to restore my previous deal below MSRP.

That would be excellent. Do you know if a dealer did not get a first round allocation if they would be in the second round? If so, I may be able to restore my previous deal below MSRP.
I don’t know that but will see if I can get anymore info...

I think once trucks actually get in customer hands, you might see a 2nd round of dealers adding-back ADM but if, as promised, RAM will not limit production, we should see below MSRP deals after New Year. I just read this morning FCA is adding their $10/HP discount deal on the Challenger Hellcat Super Stock.

I think once trucks actually get in customer hands, you might see a 2nd round of dealers adding-back ADM but if, as promised, RAM will not limit production, we should see below MSRP deals after New Year. I just read this morning FCA is adding their $10/HP discount deal on the Challenger Hellcat Super Stock.
I am getting the super stock to replace my 17!!!!

weird i was told all dealers got at least one non-LE allocation
Is there anything official on this? I was first to order at my dealership which is relatively small but does a fair amount of trailhawks, hellcats... my order is sold but is still BG status and I have a VON. Does any of that mean my dealer has an allocation?

As stated, my order got dropped. I've been waiting for years, had everything lined up, including a price below MSRP, my dealer did not get any allocation. There have been no updates in the forum for a bit. I will happily travel and drive the truck home. I drove my Hellcat back from Tomball, Texas. Your help is appreciated.
Just curious, do you know what your build status was when the order was dropped?...

Just curious, do you know what your build status was when the order was dropped?...
Never got a build status. Got my build sheet...after a couple weeks he said his dealership did not receive an allocation.

Never got a build status. Got my build sheet...after a couple weeks he said his dealership did not receive an allocation.
OK thanks, sorry to hear about your order. I'm getting a little nervous as well here in Massachusetts, my dealer has not received any allocations yet either....

I’m sorry to hear that. I’m sorry to say allocations have all gone out. I don’t think they will somehow be getting an allocation until the 2nd round at the earliest. My dealer said January for them to get their first allocation.

weird i was told all dealers got at least one non-LE allocation
My dealer said the area rep stated all dealerships in the country will get at least one allocation in the first 6 months. To the original poster, I’dcsay it’s worth squeezing your dealer to find out from his area rep.

Agreed. I'm tired. Just spent days working with a sales person in Florida who posted on the FB Group 'Ram 1500 TRX.' I started off saying I won't pay over MSRP. Today he give me a quote...$6K over MSRP, $1K doc fee, $400 window tinting, $450 Florida License, $400 in tags....Total $100,127. I politely declined and said I will never pay over MSRP. My build sheet was at $91,400.

I posted on his FB thread trying to sell the TRX on the TRX page that he is $6K over MSRP and $1K doc fee...now he is harassing me through messenger and on FB. LOL
I think that same sales person sent me a friend request, I'm like WTF. I don't do ADM.

I do bulk emails to dealers with the same message and build and see what they offer and take the lowest bid

With shut downs for Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year, I am more and more inclined to think most of the the initial allocation wont get delivered until early Q1 2021, and anything after the initial allocation wont be built until well into 1st Q 2021 - which means March 2021 delivery at the earliest. Just a guess, but it does seems like a repeat of Hellcat 2015 and Demon 2018.

when I ordered, the dealership was upfront that they did not have any allocation left but that they were told their next allocation would come in approximately spring of 2021. They do a lot of volume and typically have good info from their rep. I guess we’ll see.

Back