My experience with a Tazer on the TRX

I disabled the turn cam as it kept reverting to forward cam after and not going back to main screen

I made a bit of a "how to" showing off some of the features of the Tazer and mostly focusing on the new stuff that the 18.2 Beta gives us as well as a bit of security. If you're curious how it works and want to see it in operation as well as a little bit of information on some of the lesser known features of the Tazer, check out the video. I've had this for a while to try to get myself acquainted with it before just putting up a video and not knowing exactly what I'm talking about so hopefully I can help some of you that are on the fence about this thing.

Customize all kinds of awesome things on your TRX with this Tazer DT and beta firmware 18.2!

The pin mode works even with the Tazer Dt device being removed?

I'm not 100% sure, I'm still waiting to hear on whether or not they can clone your remote to the point that the truck actually thinks it is the same exact one that locked it or not. Stay tuned for the answer to that.
I got this back from them a while back on this question.

"I checked with our engineer and when key is cloned only the passive component is cloned such as the proximity component and the buttons are not. So, it would need to be the exact same key fob and not a clone to re-enable the pedal. "

Any update on when the beta goes public? I’m tired of shit not working on my truck like memory seats and remember drive mode that worked fine prior to the last update

I got this back from them a while back on this question.

"I checked with our engineer and when key is cloned only the passive component is cloned such as the proximity component and the buttons are not. So, it would need to be the exact same key fob and not a clone to re-enable the pedal. "
Perfect! I'm glad to finally have a concrete answer on that so the fobkill is definitely the way to go for security.

While scrolling through Tazer I found myself in Tire size menu. I mistakenly hit wrong key and scrolled a couple of tire sizes away from stock ( 35.02) I scrolled on to reach the end of choices to bring me back to stock size to select. I scrolled to 41.86 and now it will not go past this size or return to stock settings. Making my speedometer read way off I unmarried Tazer and that has returned speedometer to normal. Once married again it is stuck on wrong tire size.
Any help would be appreciated in this screw up I have encountered.
Thanks

Picked her up yesterday and got the Tazer all set up last night while sitting outside the hotel. Then I went and turned the light show on and for the life of me couldnt not figure out how to turn it off!! 😬Sat there for like 20 minutes messing with buttons, scrolling through the menu and although it finally went off for some unknown reason, I would love some advice as to how you turn it off in the event I accidently turn it on in the future.:ROFLMAO:

Picked her up yesterday and got the Tazer all set up last night while sitting outside the hotel. Then I went and turned the light show on and for the life of me couldnt not figure out how to turn it off!! 😬Sat there for like 20 minutes messing with buttons, scrolling through the menu and although it finally went off for some unknown reason, I would love some advice as to how you turn it off in the event I accidently turn it on in the future.:ROFLMAO:
If you turned it on via the key fob, just locking the truck will turn it off.

While scrolling through Tazer I found myself in Tire size menu. I mistakenly hit wrong key and scrolled a couple of tire sizes away from stock ( 35.02) I scrolled on to reach the end of choices to bring me back to stock size to select. I scrolled to 41.86 and now it will not go past this size or return to stock settings. Making my speedometer read way off I unmarried Tazer and that has returned speedometer to normal. Once married again it is stuck on wrong tire size.
Any help would be appreciated in this screw up I have encountered.
Thanks
I've tried to do this in my menu and I'm able to just continue cycling through the sizes until I get back to the stock one.

2 Qs:

1) is it still true with Beta software that if you increase the tire size via Tazer, the front/rear park sensors stop working?

2) Is there a way to change when the low tire pressure light & warning comes on? I just changed to 37s and the sweet spot seems to be around 32psi but i'm sick of seeing the low tire pressure light/etc

For the Lazy = me .... what are the Beta features?

I've tried to do this in my menu and I'm able to just continue cycling through the sizes until I get back to the stock one.
Meant to follow up on this. I unmarried tazer and remarried followed up with reboot and 2 sleep cycles. Setting was on 35.03 again when I went back to tire size. No clue but I am NOT going back to that screen unless I actually change tire size.
Thank you for the help, much appreciated!

I've read before that you can use the Tazer "unmarried" to run amber DRLs and autofold your mirrors when the truck is locked. I read you can set this without marrying the Tazer, and when you unplug the Tazer this behavior goes back to stock, and when you re-plug the Tazer the behavior is back. Is this correct?

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back