My 37" tire experience

100 MPH. I like Ridge Grapplers and his truck looks great, but they are 27 lbs heavier than the Goodyear Territory AT's.
Bead locks are about 40 pounds plus a 90lb tire

130lb setup

smaller BFG k02 37.13x5/18 78lbs
Black Rhino rapids 18x8.5 25lbs

103 lb setup

Just like OP going with a lighter setup

Anyone have any preference or thoughts on whether to go with a 12.5 vs 13.5 tire? I’m about to pull trigger on 37s and this thread seems to indicate there’s a mix. Just not sure the difference or preference.

Anyone have any preference or thoughts on whether to go with a 12.5 vs 13.5 tire? I’m about to pull trigger on 37s and this thread seems to indicate there’s a mix. Just not sure the difference or preference.
13.5 for looks 12.5 for off-road performance

I personally see no reason to go to 13.5. In my experience they will wander more on the highway and create more fitment challenges.

I think 12.5 is less likely to cause any rubbing/fender contact when stuffing those wheels. I could be wrong. Either way, I have no issues with my 12.5 setup.

Also not sure if there’s any fitment differences fitting a 13.5 in the spare spot vs a 12.5. 12.5 is super close.

Bead locks are about 40 pounds plus a 90lb tire

130lb setup

smaller BFG k02 37.13x5/18 78lbs
Black Rhino rapids 18x8.5 25lbs

103 lb setup

Just like OP going with a lighter setup
Stock non-bead + 37” Maxxis Razr MT = 107-108lbs

13.5 for looks 12.5 for off-road performance
Interesting. Had always thought the extra width of a 13.5 would be better for off-roading. Is that not the case here, although it isn’t much of a difference admittedly?

Interesting. Had always thought the extra width of a 13.5 would be better for off-roading. Is that not the case here, although it isn’t much of a difference admittedly?
13.5 is worse in wet/snow

Really depends on what your definition of off-roading is. Are you rock crawling, driving on mud or sand?

There really is not a one size/tread design fits all. You need to be honest with yourself on what your primary use scenario looks like, and choose the tread profile, tire height, and width that best fits what you are using it for.

13.5 is worse in wet/snow

Really depends on what your definition of off-roading is. Are you rock crawling, driving on mud or sand?

There really is not a one size/tread design fits all. You need to be honest with yourself on what your primary use scenario looks like, and choose the tread profile, tire height, and width that best fits what you are using it for.
Thanks! That’s totally fair and reasonable. We’re a bit of everything, but not really rock crawling. Snow, sand, and mud for sure. However, I like the asthetics of a wider tire.

Thanks! That’s totally fair and reasonable. We’re a bit of everything, but not really rock crawling. Snow, sand, and mud for sure. However, I like the asthetics of a wider tire.
What wheels are you using?

Personally, i think the 13.5 looks a bit better. The 12.5s are tucked in a bit too much for my taste. I'll prolly switch to 13.5s when I burn these 12.5" rubbers off. I think the 13.5" wide might help with traction too for those pushing an extra 100+ ponies.

On the other hand, it's really hard to beat the weight of my 12.5s. I'm running 37" Maxxis Razr MTs on stock non-beadlocks so I'm only like 2-3 lbs heavier than stock 35s with stock beadlocks. Really nice not to have a ton of extra weight there (harder to go/stop/etc).

I raced my bud with a Sandblast a few weeks ago. Both of us have S&B and Predator. He has 38" x13.5" toyo open country MTs on stock beadlocks. He's got an extra 32lbs at each corner. I had 1.5 other people in my car and he was alone. I also had about 400lbs more stuff in my truck. After running from 0-94mph, I had about 3 full truck lengths on him at the end... gotta think the extra rolling mass played a huge part in that lol especially since I had about 650lbs more weight in my truck.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back