My 37" tire experience

Trunty

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
Alrighty, just switched over to 37’s and wanted to share. Reality is I was pretty surprised by the lack of information available from folks that had already done similar. Ultimately I decided I was going with 37’s, but wanted to keep it as light as possible. Also, my suspension is currently stock, and while I plan to add JUST the Rogue top plate, I have not done that yet.

Before
IMG_2045.jpeg

IMG_2046.jpeg

Stock non-beadlock weighed in at 94.12lb (3500 miles)
IMG_2050.jpeg

Weld Ledge 6 (W108) 20x9 +0 with 37x12.50r20 BFG KO2 weighed in at 101.13lb, resulting in a rolling assembly increase of 7.01lb.
IMG_2047.jpeg

Finished product
IMG_2052.jpeg

IMG_2053.jpeg

• TPMS - I went with 68293199AA-AB purchased from eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/394345375962). I didn’t have to do anything special to associate/activate them, just installed them prior to taking to the tire shop and slapped them on.
  • Tire size - Used the Tazer to update tire size to 36.7” and confirmed with my Dragy that put it dead one. The front and rear parking sensors immediately disabled, as expected. I have an experiment I am going to try which may address this, but didn’t have time tonight.
  • Hubcentric - The weld wheels came with the proper spacers, but they were plastic. I originally was not sure if the wheels would include them so I had already purchased aluminum ones from amazon 106mm to 77.8mm (https://a.co/d/8Hlb956) They went on PERFECTLY snug and gave me a little peace of mind knowing they were dead center.
  • Suspension - Stock and no rubbing, except for a tiny bit when off camber. It’s currently too close to keep it this way, but not bad enough to where I’m in a rush. Will add the Rogue top spacer as originally planned and I think it will be perfect.
  • Ride quality - Feels a little smoother. I do not actually perceive any performance degradation
  • Noise - I didn’t find the OEM tires to be noisy, and these are just as quiet

Performance impact - While not terribly scientific, mostly because I was excited to get the tires on and I didn’t want to do too many launches with my truck. On an old sloped country road I logged one run each. Again, not scientific or definitive, but should give an idea.

With stock non-beadlock setup. 0-60 at 3.98s, 1/8 mile 7.88s @89.63
IMG_2038.PNG

IMG_2043.PNG

With 37’s setup. 0-60 at 4.22, 1/8 mile 8s @88.97
IMG_2056.PNG

IMG_2055.PNG

Overall I am very happy with this setup. Happy to answer any questions that I may have omitted!

Looks good, nice write up. I just ordered those aluminum rings for mine. Another thing I didn’t know I needed. Seem better than the plastic ones, although I doubt it really matters.

Looks good, nice write up. I just ordered those aluminum rings for mine. Another thing I didn’t know I needed. Seem better than the plastic ones, although I doubt it really matters.
Thanks man! I really don’t think it matters either, but i figured why not.

Alrighty, just switched over to 37’s and wanted to share. Reality is I was pretty surprised by the lack of information available from folks that had already done similar. Ultimately I decided I was going with 37’s, but wanted to keep it as light as possible. Also, my suspension is currently stock, and while I plan to add JUST the Rogue top plate, I have not done that yet.

Before
View attachment 86784

View attachment 86787

View attachment 86783

Weld Ledge 6 (W108) 20x9 +0 with 37x12.50r20 BFG KO2 weighed in at 101.13lb, resulting in a rolling assembly increase of 7.01lb.
View attachment 86782

Finished product
View attachment 86786

View attachment 86785

• TPMS - I went with 68293199AA-AB purchased from eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/394345375962). I didn’t have to do anything special to associate/activate them, just installed them prior to taking to the tire shop and slapped them on.
  • Tire size - Used the Tazer to update tire size to 36.7” and confirmed with my Dragy that put it dead one. The front and rear parking sensors immediately disabled, as expected. I have an experiment I am going to try which may address this, but didn’t have time tonight.
  • Hubcentric - The weld wheels came with the proper spacers, but they were plastic. I originally was not sure if the wheels would include them so I had already purchased aluminum ones from amazon 106mm to 77.8mm (https://a.co/d/8Hlb956) They went on PERFECTLY snug and gave me a little peace of mind knowing they were dead center.
  • Suspension - Stock and no rubbing, except for a tiny bit when off camber. It’s currently too close to keep it this way, but not bad enough to where I’m in a rush. Will add the Rogue top spacer as originally planned and I think it will be perfect.
  • Ride quality - Feels a little smoother. I do not actually perceive any performance degradation

Performance impact - While not terribly scientific, mostly because I was excited to get the tires on and I didn’t want to do too many launches with my truck. On an old sloped country road I logged one run each. Again, not scientific or definitive, but should give an idea.

View attachment 86781

View attachment 86779

View attachment 86778

View attachment 86780

Overall I am very happy with this setup. Happy to answer any questions that I may have omitted!
Great info! How is the gearing under part throtle? Does truck seem to work harder at 80 mph? Does it hold 8th ok? BFG has a 37 inch option on 18's. Thinking about those next.

Great info! How is the gearing under part throtle? Does truck seem to work harder at 80 mph? Does it hold 8th ok? BFG has a 37 inch option on 18's. Thinking about those next.
So, i was mostly worried about this. Coming from a high torque turbo diesel i was already surprised how often the trx had to let go of overdrive, stock. Happy to say i perceive no difference in this configuration.

Great write up man, I had been looking at the same wheels specs because the HRE wheels I want only come in 20x9 0-offset. There is hardly any examples of the setup especially at a stock height.

Can you post few more pics at different angles to get a better idea of the stance?

Your opinion from your observations, with a level do you think a 37x13.50 with avoid rub with that particular offset?

Very well done write up. Appreciate the information. My TRX is leveled and I’m running 20x9 +18 offset with 37 x 12.5 Falken Wildpeak without any rubbing. I am planning on moving to a Vossen with 0 offset and either keeping the Falken or going to the BFG KO2 37 x 12.5. I’m hoping I’ll still avoid rubbing with just the small offset change but slightly more aggressive stance

Wanting to go to 37's soon so I appreciate your post. Where did you pick up the ignition graphics they look great

Wanting to go to 37's soon so I appreciate your post. Where did you pick up the ignition graphics they look great
I got them on etsy, but i don’t see them posting any longer.

Very well done write up. Appreciate the information. My TRX is leveled and I’m running 20x9 +18 offset with 37 x 12.5 Falken Wildpeak without any rubbing. I am planning on moving to a Vossen with 0 offset and either keeping the Falken or going to the BFG KO2 37 x 12.5. I’m hoping I’ll still avoid rubbing with just the small offset change but slightly more aggressive stance
I think you should be good to go!

Great write up man, I had been looking at the same wheels specs because the HRE wheels I want only come in 20x9 0-offset. There is hardly any examples of the setup especially at a stock height.

Can you post few more pics at different angles to get a better idea of the stance?

Your opinion from your observations, with a level do you think a 37x13.50 with avoid rub with that particular offset?
Thank you! Will grab some more photos today for sure. At a zero offset with 13.5 width, it’s definitely doable, but i think you will still have minor trimming to do.

These type of posts are what make forums extremely helpful, very much appreciated.

I'm on the fence now, but the lack of a spare tire solution is what's keeping me from pulling the trigger on 37's. Where did you land on that?

I suppose just rolling the dice is what most guys are doing, and what I'll probably do as well.

This may be a ridiculous question, but what’s the deal with not having a spare after going to 37’s? I understand the spare is a 35 (and 37s don’t fit underneath) and wouldn’t work as a straight swap, but couldn’t it get you to where you needed to go (slowly and within reason) to change it out and put the 35 back underneath? Is there something with the electronic system that won’t allow the truck to operate with the difference?

This may be a ridiculous question, but what’s the deal with not having a spare after going to 37’s? I understand the spare is a 35 (and 37s don’t fit underneath) and wouldn’t work as a straight swap, but couldn’t it get you to where you needed to go (slowly and within reason) to change it out and put the 35 back underneath? Is there something with the electronic system that won’t allow the truck to operate with the difference?
I've always assumed "No" but would love to be wrong.

I also have AAA, so I could always just make them handle it. But I'm 38 and have never had a flat tire in any of my cars/trucks (knock on wood) So I may be overthinking it. But we take this truck on trips so I'm just thinking that part through.

Before
View attachment 86784

View attachment 86787

View attachment 86783

View attachment 86782

Finished product
View attachment 86786

View attachment 86785

View attachment 86781

View attachment 86779

View attachment 86778

View attachment 86780

Great write up. Whats the deal with the parking sensors being disabled? Is this any size change, or just with the 37's. Im not sure why this would happen. Have done these changes on many cars and its fine.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back