Must have options????

At the end of the day, option out the truck what you want, but IMO the only thing you have to have is the money to feed the 702 horses🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎 🐎 the hay...:sneaky:

Reactions: Two
Adaptive cruise for sure. Thankfully, you can easily add it after the fact by buying the switch only (68309592AD) and enabling it within your BCM with AlfaOBD.
My truck is in the dealer and there finishing the repair on the blown motor and I asked them to install the switch and program out the BCM and they said it's more complicated than that. He consulted there tech and he said It involves extra selonids/adaptors and isn't so easy. Possible doing something with a change to the build sheet? Do you have any first hand knowledge of anyone who has done this?

Welp, I broke down and ordered a White level 1 from Scott today. It has the panoramic roof which I don’t really care for but my kids will like it. It also has the front and rear graphics which I really don’t want and I really don’t want to pay $1400 extra for. But at the end of the day I got 5k off and I have a vin #. Thanks to Scott for being patient with my emails. Cant wait!

Yep. Really easy to do. Just need some sort of OBD bluetooth device (I use the OBDLink MX+), SGW bypass (I used this one - no affiliation, just was available via Prime and cheap - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DLB6VH6) and a copy of AlfaOBD on your Android phone or Windows computer. Install the switch, then in AlfaOBD (after making a backup of the stock settings) adjust the following 2 settings to the values below:

• Cruise Control Present: No
  • Type of adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system present: ACC with stop and go
Let yr truck sit for a few hours and if you did it all right you will have working adaptive cruise for ~$50. (not sure if the price of the switch has changed much since I grabbed it.)

You can also enable Lane Keep Assist this way as well, but it requires purchasing a new center stack (the screen in the middle) because it requires a physical button to actually enable it. The correct screen with button (PN: 68456007AA) is ~$800. So if you don't care about LKA, you can definitely get adaptive cruise for a lot cheaper than Stellantis charges to add the option officially.
Could you use one of the aux buttons for LKA?

I found mine fully loaded, except for the center console gun safe, interior red accents, and no exterior graphics except the TRX on the hood… HK stereo much better than my old Alpine. HUD nice (have it in my M4). Safety features good as it’s helped me get use to driving something larger than my old RAM. ACC is awesome. Used it on a 200mi trip and got 16mpg. Power folding mirrors a must. Surround camera awesome. Panoramic roof also good. CF accents are nice.

Sometimes the options you want are bundled with others you may not want so in the end it’s just a choice following the best choice in buying the TRX
ACC ?

Could you use one of the aux buttons for LKA?
Probably not. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what pressing the LKA button exactly does. I suspect it's adjusting the signal one of the modules attached to the center stack emits to the canbus.

Need some help I plan on purchasing a new trx next week. Has every option I wanted but no Harmon kardon upgraded radio. Anyone know what the stock system is I can’t find any info on it. Is it good or trash. And I’d trash what upgrades should I get. Thank you

Need some help I plan on purchasing a new trx next week. Has every option I wanted but no Harmon kardon upgraded radio. Anyone know what the stock system is I can’t find any info on it. Is it good or trash. And I’d trash what upgrades should I get. Thank you
The standard system on the TRX is the 9 speaker (plus sub) Alpine. It’s the midrange system on a regular Ram, so it’s not total crap or anything.

Depends on your musical interests / if you’re an audio buff. I’m not into sound systems and have the Alpine in my level 2 and it works just fine. I had the Alpine in my previous Ram and it was also fine… no complaints whatsoever. Some guys spend the money on the upgraded HK one and end up tearing it out anyway.

My thoughts were, if I'm going spend this much money on a vehicle, it will have the exact options I want. I love the way mine is configured and there is nothing that I would change. The only thing I don't like is the wireless charging that only works about 40% of the time. I have
Black
Level 2
Carbon Fiber
Red Accents
Pano Sunroof
Tech Package
Bed Utility Group
Tonneau Cover
Harmon Kardon
Block Heater(Alaska Problems)
No Graphics(Wanted more of a subtle look)
No Tire Carrier(Bed space was more valuable)
No Rambar(Don't like the looks)
No Beadlocks(Like the black wheels better)
No Trailer Group or Steering Control(Not towing with this truck)

I would have rather spent the money on the stereo or bed utility group then the graphics. I can’t get over the price of those!

My thoughts were, if I'm going spend this much money on a vehicle, it will have the exact options I want. I love the way mine is configured and there is nothing that I would change. The only thing I don't like is the wireless charging that only works about 40% of the time. I have
Black
Level 2
Carbon Fiber
Red Accents
Pano Sunroof
Tech Package
Bed Utility Group
Tonneau Cover
Harmon Kardon
Ooof AK huh? How much is premium out that way right now?

This is an interesting concept. I didn't think it would be this easy to add ACC or Lane Keep Assist. I didn't get them on the truck when I ordered it after hearing that the LKA didn't work well with the TRX due to the width. Do you know if AlphaOBD works with the Tazer as well? I don't see why they wouldn't work together. Not so familiar with Alpha but I'm very familiar with the Tazer.

If it's actually that easy to add ACC, I'll go buy the switch right now and I don't even have the truck yet! LKA... there has to be a way to just buy the button without getting the whole screen. I wonder if the dealer could also unlock the two functions and avoid using Alpha all together.
Lka is pretty worthless imo. Truck is too wide so you have a 1.36” sweet spot otherwise it’s telling you out of lane.

Lka is pretty worthless imo. Truck is too wide so you have a 1.36” sweet spot otherwise it’s telling you out of lane.
That's what I've heard too. I didn't order it because of that reasoning actually. Happy to know that the ACC is easy and cheap to add though, I was a little bummed about not ordering that option...

Black
Level 2
Carbon Fiber
Red Accents
Pano Sunroof
Tech Package
Bed Utility Group
Tonneau Cover
Harmon Kardon
Don't miss the adaptive cruise control. Can't be added after

Back