Must have options????

Swerve19

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
For those of you that have your trx already what are some options you have that are a must have and what are some that you are not impressed with? I’ve been looking at some of the trucks Scott has on order that he pin the 5k off Msrp post.
Premium stereo vs non premium?
Panoramic sunroof? (I have a sunroof in my current truck and I can’t remember the last time I used it!)
Graphics? $1400 for front and back seems crazy.

This is all personal preference:
I passed on the graphics (I don’t like stickers and they’re a ripoff). If you like them, buy them from one of the guys on the forum for a lot cheaper.

Passed on the HK stereo because I’m not an audiophile and I liked the Alpine in my previous Ram.

Passed on the carbon fiber because I thought it would be cheesy and look out of place in a truck but was also told it would likely hold up my order. I’ve seen it on other trucks and it looks really nice and for the price it’s not a bad deal.

Passed on the advanced safety group because I didn’t want electronic nannies telling me to stay in my lane of travel and I’m happy I did because it sounds like most people deactivated most of the features of theirs.

Passed on the beadlocks because I was told it would hold up my order and I can always buy them after the fact.

Ordered the panoramic roof and love it. I use it all of the time.

Went with level 2 equipment group because the surround cameras and some other creature comforts.

I kept my build in the low 80k range and I love my truck. I probably would’ve added the carbon fiber after seeing it in person other than that, no regrets on the setup.

I ordered a truck with the Advanced Safety Group because my Raptor has Addaptive Cruise, and it’s an option I won’t go without. It’s such a nice feature if you drive a lot of two lane highways.

For those of you that have your trx already what are some options you have that are a must have and what are some that you are not impressed with? I’ve been looking at some of the trucks Scott has on order that he pin the 5k off Msrp post.
Premium stereo vs non premium?
Panoramic sunroof? (I have a sunroof in my current truck and I can’t remember the last time I used it!)
Graphics? $1400 for front and back seems crazy.
I have the sunroof on my current 19 limited and I also dont use very often. I thought I would use it more when I originally got truck. So I opted not to get it on 22 trx order. Plus I have aftermarket bass setup so sunroof messes up half the time and i have to help it close pretty sketchy. I figured I didn’t want to deal with more sunroof problems in the future when I put some bump in the TRX. But that’s what 5000 watts of power and a DD 9518 sub will do 🤙

Adaptive cruise for sure. Thankfully, you can easily add it after the fact by buying the switch only (68309592AD) and enabling it within your BCM with AlfaOBD.

Adaptive cruise for sure. Thankfully, you can easily add it after the fact by buying the switch only (68309592AD) and enabling it within your BCM with AlfaOBD.

Have you done this? This is the first I have heard of it and would be sweet (and probably a lot cheaper) to do it after the fact!

I chose every option except panoroof & rambar. I rarely use sunroofs and living TX it’s just another thing I would need to tint. The rambar was also a TX thing because it would prevent me from pulling into the garage during a hail storm. The carbon fiber looks awesome with the red accents. Whats the difference between $91k and $92k when you are already spending this much $? Not a hell of a lot. And I think that’s the thing you need to keep in mind. Get what you like, and don’t skimp on something you wish you chose later. Hell I even got the engine block heater plug because who knows when I’ll need it or if I ever will but it’s that one time that matters.

Aft
I chose every option except panoroof & rambar. I rarely use sunroofs and living TX it’s just another thing I would need to tint. The rambar was also a TX thing because it would prevent me from pulling into the garage during a hail storm. The carbon fiber looks awesome with the red accents. Whats the difference between $91k and $92k when you are already spending this much $? Not a hell of a lot. And I think that’s the thing you need to keep in mind. Get what you like, and don’t skimp on something you wish you chose later. Hell I even got the engine block heater plug because who knows when I’ll need it or if I ever will but it’s that one time that matters.
If you have another winter in Texas like last year you will need that block heater!

Have you done this? This is the first I have heard of it and would be sweet (and probably a lot cheaper) to do it after the fact!
Yep. Really easy to do. Just need some sort of OBD bluetooth device (I use the OBDLink MX+), SGW bypass (I used this one - no affiliation, just was available via Prime and cheap - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DLB6VH6) and a copy of AlfaOBD on your Android phone or Windows computer. Install the switch, then in AlfaOBD (after making a backup of the stock settings) adjust the following 2 settings to the values below:

• Cruise Control Present: No
  • Type of adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system present: ACC with stop and go
Let yr truck sit for a few hours and if you did it all right you will have working adaptive cruise for ~$50. (not sure if the price of the switch has changed much since I grabbed it.)

You can also enable Lane Keep Assist this way as well, but it requires purchasing a new center stack (the screen in the middle) because it requires a physical button to actually enable it. The correct screen with button (PN: 68456007AA) is ~$800. So if you don't care about LKA, you can definitely get adaptive cruise for a lot cheaper than Stellantis charges to add the option officially.

Last edited:
I found mine fully loaded, except for the center console gun safe, interior red accents, and no exterior graphics except the TRX on the hood… HK stereo much better than my old Alpine. HUD nice (have it in my M4). Safety features good as it’s helped me get use to driving something larger than my old RAM. ACC is awesome. Used it on a 200mi trip and got 16mpg. Power folding mirrors a must. Surround camera awesome. Panoramic roof also good. CF accents are nice.

Sometimes the options you want are bundled with others you may not want so in the end it’s just a choice following the best choice in buying the TRX

Yep. Really easy to do. Just need some sort of OBD bluetooth device (I use the OBDLink MX+), SGW bypass (I used this one - no affiliation, just was available via Prime and cheap - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DLB6VH6) and a copy of AlfaOBD on your Android phone or Windows computer. Install the switch, then in AlfaOBD (after making a backup of the stock settings) adjust the following 2 settings to the values below:

• Cruise Control Present: No
  • Type of adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system present: ACC with stop and go
Let yr truck sit for a few hours and if you did it all right you will have working adaptive cruise for ~$50. (not sure if the price of the switch has changed much since I grabbed it.)

You can also enable Lane Keep Assist this way as well, but it requires purchasing a new center stack (the screen in the middle) because it requires a physical button to actually enable it. The correct screen with button (PN: 68456007AA) is ~$800. So if you don't care about LKA, you can definitely get adaptive cruise for a lot cheaper than Stellantis charges to add the option officially.
This is an interesting concept. I didn't think it would be this easy to add ACC or Lane Keep Assist. I didn't get them on the truck when I ordered it after hearing that the LKA didn't work well with the TRX due to the width. Do you know if AlphaOBD works with the Tazer as well? I don't see why they wouldn't work together. Not so familiar with Alpha but I'm very familiar with the Tazer.

If it's actually that easy to add ACC, I'll go buy the switch right now and I don't even have the truck yet! LKA... there has to be a way to just buy the button without getting the whole screen. I wonder if the dealer could also unlock the two functions and avoid using Alpha all together.

Last edited:
I found mine fully loaded, except for the center console gun safe, interior red accents, and no exterior graphics except the TRX on the hood… HK stereo much better than my old Alpine. HUD nice (have it in my M4). Safety features good as it’s helped me get use to driving something larger than my old RAM. ACC is awesome. Used it on a 200mi trip and got 16mpg. Power folding mirrors a must. Surround camera awesome. Panoramic roof also good. CF accents are nice.

Sometimes the options you want are bundled with others you may not want so in the end it’s just a choice following the best choice in buying the TRX
Power folding mirrors are standard, I’m pretty sure the base truck even has them.

Really depends on:

1) Budget

2) What your current vehicle has. Often times you can easily live without options until you have them once. Can’t go backwards. HUD, camera mirror, vented seats, ACC all must haves for me coming from prior vehicle(s) with the features. If I never had them in the first place I wouldn’t miss them and would have been fine in a Level 1.

In my opinion it’s best to load it up with more than you think you need. But obvious option cuts to save money would be anything cosmetic. Most of these appearance options are an unapologetic, overpriced cash grab by Stellantis…beadlocks, graphics, red stitching, CF, Rambar, bed tire carrier. Even the sunroof could be put in that category as somewhat cosmetic. Bed utility could be done better after the fact with Linex. Running boards are overpriced vs buying them yourself. Tonneau cover is rip off too.

These are the type of things that make the difference between an $83,000 truck and a $93,000 truck. Only thing I kinda wish I ordered was the CF, but theoretically I can do it after the fact with OEM parts…and of course after I get bored with the truck as delivered.

This is an interesting concept. I didn't think it would be this easy to add ACC or Lane Keep Assist. I didn't get them on the truck when I ordered it after hearing that the LKA didn't work well with the TRX due to the width. Do you know if AlphaOBD works with the Tazer as well? I don't see why they wouldn't work together. Not so familiar with Alpha but I'm very familiar with the Tazer.

If it's actually that easy to add ACC, I'll go buy the switch right now and I don't even have the truck yet! LKA... there has to be a way to just buy the button without getting the whole screen. I wonder if the dealer could also unlock the two functions and avoid using Alpha all together.
Not 100% sure, but AFAIK Tazer works in a similar manner. I think if you reverted your settings to stock, used AlfaOBD to make the modifications and then redid the Tazer stuff it would work as you'd expect.

Unfortunately you can't just buy the button. The screen comes with an entire bezel replacement that contains the button to enable LKA. The bezel is not available separately and the screen is actually glued to it.

If you were to install both the switch + screen and were very convincing and friendly with your service advisor, you could potentially have them attach the Advanced Safety Group sales code to your VIN, and then sync the settings which would essentially do the same thing you do with AlfaOBD.

Not 100% sure, but AFAIK Tazer works in a similar manner. I think if you reverted your settings to stock, used AlfaOBD to make the modifications and then redid the Tazer stuff it would work as you'd expect.

Unfortunately you can't just buy the button. The screen comes with an entire bezel replacement that contains the button to enable LKA. The bezel is not available separately and the screen is actually glued to it.

If you were to install both the switch + screen and were very convincing and friendly with your service advisor, you could potentially have them attach the Advanced Safety Group sales code to your VIN, and then sync the settings which would essentially do the same thing you do with AlfaOBD.
Ahhhh thats where my confusion was. I didn't think the screen would be glued to the bezel. Was expecting it to be like the 8" Uconnect (Last time I tore into the dash was in my 13' Big Horn) where it was mounted to the dash. Might have to work with my dealer and see if he could swing it for me once I got the parts. I don't even have the truck yet and I'm finding myself making a list of mods already... Will be interesting to see if this will work on a 2022 truck as well.

Some of these are standard equipment but my must haves coming from a '17 Sierra Denali are:
keyless start/entry
Adaptive cruise control
Rear seat AC vents
Rear seat room
HUD

And all the offroad and go fast bits

I’m starting to really consider buying one. Level one with the remote start and panoramic sunroof. I’ve got the sunroof in my 2019 and love it. I don’t open it that often unless I’m driving through town but I almost always have the visor open. Just seems to make the inside of the truck seem that much larger. Plus the kids think it’s the coolest thing ever.

Got mine fully loaded. First truck with a sunroof. I enjoy the sunroof plus it provides extra lite when doing a press check. My previous trucks were cloth. I do enjoy the leather, heated and cooled seats, and the carbon fiber touch. I had always gone pretty bare bones on my previous trucks but I am enjoying the extra creature comforts that make road trips a little more enjoyable.

Here is What I ordered and why..
My 2015 SRT wasn't an order when I got it, But I believe it has every option they offered in 2015.

I do not use the sunroof more then a handful times a year. So I opted for no sunroof on the TRX nice savings on the price as well (expensive option)
19 SPEAKER was a must for me. Ima big music guy. along with level 2--- I have the upgraded sound on my jeep and also cooled and heated seats which I use often.
advanced saftey group- Adaptive cruise and braking does come in handy on the jeep. The auto braking has probably saved my ass once or twice over the course over the last 6 years. Didn't want to downgrade and lose the options on a 2022 truck that weighs significantly more and doesn't have brembos.
TRX logos on the bedside only. Not a big sticker guy, if i don't like them i can take them off. also to the untrained eye this truck can be mistaken for a rebel as well.
trailer tow assist- do tow from time to time. Wasn't too expensive of an option so I went for it.
running boards-- mopar off road style to protect the rockers and so my 5'0 GF can get in the truck LOL

That's what I ordered and my reasoning for doing so. Hope this helps

I bought a truck from dealer stock so I got a lot of what I wanted and some of what I didn't
What's great
The red accents inside are mint & level 2 interior would be must haves. The bead lock wheels are a huge upper for the appearance. I have silver and with the 2 tone black and black wheels it seemed to be too much black. The bead locks are a great offset. The truck throws off lots of break dust and I'm guessing that is the reasoning for darker wheels. The inner section of the bead locks is darker and will hide the dust while you get some brightness from the outer ring. Mine came with black rims and I found a guy that went to 37's and rims so I managed to move up. I also grabbed his running boards that if you got with the truck are pricy however the quality is excellent and with the lower side being black it seems to keep it cleaner. For me that was a must. I have adaptive cruise on another vehicle and I glad I found out in this thread it can be installed after as it is a must have if your ordering. The decals look mint however $1500, ouch. You can get a piece of car wrap and do the hood and the rear can be purchased off ebay for under $100. You just need to put a couple of hours of love into it.
What's not
I got a ram bar. It was $1895 of total uselessness and I will be selling it. It has no function for me. If your going to waist money put it into the stereo. The upgrade sounds mint, mine didn't have it. I don't need it but it does sound nice. The bed liner is a bit pricy but if you can get the pull out step separately its nice. I was in a trx with the carbon fiber and didn't even realize it had it till it was pointed out so that can be left behind if price is an issue

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back