Multimedia Video Box?

It no longer seems to exist on amazon.

I found this though which looks super promising. I’m a big Phoenix fan. I ran their tablets In my raptor.

There are several and all of them are pretty much the same except branding. Some have android 7 and some have android 9. This one has android 9, and at least has some fake reviews to make you feel better about it.

They aren’t all the same. In fact, this one uses a PX6 which is octocore. The performance of the PX6 is outstanding and powered my Phoenix tablet flawlessly for 2 years. This thing will be buttery smooth.

this media box is the way to go.

built in sim slot for 4G, expansion slot….

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005002160256870.html

that media box is obviously different than the others being discussed here. You really never know what you’re going to get - makes me think of this guy that bought a supercar from China…

Does anyone have any experience with this "Multimedia Video Box", good or bad?

This review was on their site from a TRX owner.
3F374C1C-5A02-4DD4-B42A-9F1C4E998432.png

Ceb,

I hear you…. But it’s 300 bucks. That’s pocket change. So if it breaks in 6 months or doesn’t do everything I had hoped…. Who cares?
Im not concerned about hackers stealing my Spotify password

I have been messing with these Chinese made T style android radios for years. Some are good. Some aren’t. I’ll tell you…. The media boxes you guys are looking at are all PX3 level processors. They’re terribly laggy. Almost unusable laggy. I wouldn’t bother. the guy who posted about the fire stick instead is correct in that regard. You’re going to have to live with a lot of load times and screen lag.

What I posted has the horsepower to be useful and will run like a decent smart phone. I ordered one to see how it works. I don’t have my TRX but I have a few other rides to test in on. :)

Ceb,

I hear you…. But it’s 300 bucks. That’s pocket change. So if it breaks in 6 months or doesn’t do everything I had hoped…. Who cares?
Im not concerned about hackers stealing my Spotify password

I have been messing with these Chinese made T style android radios for years. Some are good. Some aren’t. I’ll tell you…. The media boxes you guys are looking at are all PX3 level processors. They’re terribly laggy. Almost unusable laggy. I wouldn’t bother. the guy who posted about the fire stick instead is correct in that regard. You’re going to have to live with a lot of load times and screen lag.

What I posted has the horsepower to be useful and will run like a decent smart phone. I ordered one to see how it works. I don’t have my TRX but I have a few other rides to test in on. :)
I’m willing to give this unit a try. 300 bucks and if you give it a SIM card it can act like a mobile hot spot.
I have a fire tv wired into my radio and well I don’t experience any problems. It’s super smooth snd supports just about every app. It uses a remote so in theory it’s easier than using the touch screen. As trying to enter stuff using on screen keyboards via touch is fun. Not hard but not easy.
But my current option works on Uconnect 4 radios and requires another piece for VIM. These boxes don’t it’s plug and play and there ya go. Plus the radio has no idea it’s showing video in motion.

the downside to the fire tv is two flashing icons when in motion. I don’t notice them anymore. And using a tazer I have routed a steering wheel button to get me off the screen when needed. So being a technology person I’m always willing to try something out.

That's my review, I've had no issues with it. I don't have any lag and it's been working great for me.
Have you side loaded apps not available on that google play store?
and sorry you may not know the difference. If you were able to compare the two side by side you would. But only having one that makes it tough.

Have you side loaded apps not available on that google play store?
and sorry you may not know the difference. If you were able to compare the two side by side you would. But only having one that makes it tough.
Im not an installer, I assume you are. As a consumer I would have no reason to compare units side by side.
Do you have a TRX or just a member on the form? Just curious.

Yes I have a trx. But that is irrelevant. Because those modules as well as the direction I went will work on all Uconnect 4 units.

I am not trying to downplay or discredit what you purchased to obtain Netflix. I’m simple informing the masses that those devices are over priced slow and don’t work well. Along side they are not compatible with a lot of the popular apps people use. And will not connect to the vehicle equipped hotspots.
A consumer is the person more likely to compare things side by side and or read reviews. Not an installer.
Simple fact those modules are not very good. Yes they work slowly on Netflix but anything else not so much.
Where as the actual item I got working (wasn’t plug and play ) will work with damn near anything and I have every app I need on my setup with zero lag issues and the system will connect to the vehicle hot spot that is 200 unlimited per year.

Reactions: ceb
Yes I have a trx. But that is irrelevant. Because those modules as well as the direction I went will work on all Uconnect 4 units.

I am not trying to downplay or discredit what you purchased to obtain Netflix. I’m simple informing the masses that those devices are over priced slow and don’t work well. Along side they are not compatible with a lot of the popular apps people use. And will not connect to the vehicle equipped hotspots.
A consumer is the person more likely to compare things side by side and or read reviews. Not an installer.
Simple fact those modules are not very good. Yes they work slowly on Netflix but anything else not so much.
Where as the actual item I got working (wasn’t plug and play ) will work with damn near anything and I have every app I need on my setup with zero lag issues and the system will connect to the vehicle hot spot that is 200 unlimited per year.
Cool members support for the form for the $20 😊

Cool members support for the form for the $20 😊
I’m sorry not sure but like many many out there this forum maybe corporate owned. I’m not interested in giving any Corp free money.
And supporting member is ok and all but it doesn’t mean you have more or less input to share to the community.

I’m sorry not sure but like many many out there this forum maybe corporate owned. I’m not interested in giving any Corp free money.
And supporting member is ok and all but it doesn’t mean you have more or less input to share to the community.
Ha it certainly is not corporate owned. In a side note I've been running a few other social media apps on with no lag or issues. It sucks in Canada that you can't get a WiFi hotspot in the truck.

Update,

The Navlynx media box I purchased from Shenzhen works as expected. It’s fast due to the Qualcomm 865 and it comes preinstalled with Netflix and YouTube. It’s a winner for 300 bucks and I recommend it over the other lower spec boxes people are using.

Update,

The Navlynx media box I purchased from Shenzhen works as expected. It’s fast due to the Qualcomm 865 and it comes preinstalled with Netflix and YouTube. It’s a winner for 300 bucks and I recommend it over the other lower spec boxes people are using.
Link?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back