Multimedia Video Box?

hellcat07

TRX Fiend
TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX Hydro Blue
Does anyone have any experience with this "Multimedia Video Box", good or bad?

Does anyone have any experience with this "Multimedia Video Box", good or bad?

It works great, check out my video!

The boxes are all very slow. Only work with some apps. And since it doesn’t support 5ghz WiFi band you can only connect to a phone hotspot with compatibility turned on.
Most of them need an update before they will work. The direction I went with a fire tv is much better. Cost more though. But a fire tv will connect to any WiFi And will work with all apps.

The boxes are all very slow. Only work with some apps. And since it doesn’t support 5ghz WiFi band you can only connect to a phone hotspot with compatibility turned on.
Most of them need an update before they will work. The direction I went with a fire tv is much better. Cost more though. But a fire tv will connect to any WiFi And will work with all apps.
How would the Fire tv option be more expensive?

How would the Fire tv option be more expensive?
Because it requires additional hardware. Like a taser that handles the video in motion. And tazer is like 329. Plus the cost of fire tv plus about 50 more bucks in parts.
So just under 500 and these mmb boxes or the better android 9.0 box are like 300 or so and plug and play. But they are super slow. The google play store doesn’t really know what it is so you would have to side load things like Hulu. And even then it’s hit or miss what works. I own one of the better versions. So this isn’t hearsay. Netflix is one of the only things those boxes are good for m.

Reactions: ceb
Hey can you tell me what the Android 9 better version is? The fireTV stuff is too involved for my needs…. But having a dedicated box to connect to my AT&T spark to stream Spotify or pandora is awesome.

19D67125-D09C-41FA-9F9F-FE92F57D0F2E.jpeg
9BC51FB4-1E50-4013-9AAB-64373132D782.jpeg

The fire tv takes 30 mins to install.
What’s involved? Do I gotta open the dash? Trying not to go there on this truck. I did a $15k system on my raptor with a maestro, 0 gauge he runs, custom under seat enclosure with two 12s… focal utopias…. It was s project that took me 2 months with all the sound proofing.

not going down the rabbit hole again

Search what the title is on Amazon it will show up.

It no longer seems to exist on amazon.

I found this though which looks super promising. I’m a big Phoenix fan. I ran their tablets In my raptor.

Last edited:
Because it requires additional hardware. Like a taser that handles the video in motion. And tazer is like 329. Plus the cost of fire tv plus about 50 more bucks in parts.
So just under 500 and these mmb boxes or the better android 9.0 box are like 300 or so and plug and play. But they are super slow. The google play store doesn’t really know what it is so you would have to side load things like Hulu. And even then it’s hit or miss what works. I own one of the better versions. So this isn’t hearsay. Netflix is one of the only things those boxes are good for m.
I have the Tazer, what is the other $50 of parts that would be needed?

Hdmi converter. RCA to headphone jack. Dual high power 12 v USB port adapter. Proper rca cable with correct pins to adapt to oem harness.

Back