Mudflap options?

Installed rear Rokblokz back words to keep the T-Rex exposed on the outside. 😅

20210831_152626.jpg

DuraFlap is looking for a TRX near Medford Oregon to be the model. Free mud flaps installed in exchange for letting us design our drill-less mud flaps to fit the TRX package just right.
Give us a call if can bring your truck in for a day.

Attachments

• 2019 Dodge 1500 12in wide standard length for web.jpg
    2019 Dodge 1500 12in wide standard length for web.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 86
Great thread everyone....thanks for the feedback....I'm gonna go with the "Regular" Rokblokz....Weathertech is still "coming soon" and regardless I like the subtle clean look of the Rocks....just ordered

I have the regular Roblokz as well and love the look, but wished they were a little longer. Can still hear a lot of rocks being kicked up and hit (what I hope are) the side steps. The side steps stop a lot of mud from getting on the doors though, I can often see clumbs of mud and grass hanging from the side steps lol.

But definitely way better than not having any at all and overall happy with them!!

I have the regular Roblokz as well and love the look, but wished they were a little longer. Can still hear a lot of rocks being kicked up and hit (what I hope are) the side steps. The side steps stop a lot of mud from getting on the doors though, I can often see clumbs of mud and grass hanging from the side steps lol.

But definitely way better than not having any at all and overall happy with them!!
Well the Rokblokz are not working any longer. First few trips ok now paint and fender flares are ruined. Had PPF applied to the area fuel door and below to both sides on Wednesday. Now that PPF is ruined. Problem if you go off road is that they are getting bent back every once in awhile now the have a permanent slight bend backwards, so it is ugly now rocks go under. Will have to find a tougher solution before the next trip! :mad:

Just got my confirmation email from RokBlokz. Got black regular size with black logo. Know they will get torn up pretty quick but these fenders are going to be rock attractors have no choice. Hope they get here by the weekend---need to go to the ranch next week!
Mine lasted about 4 months does not seem there is a lot of product out there yet.

Has anyone tried Rek Gen yet?

I just installed my Rokblokz this weekend. Anybody else have any stripped screw holes when removing the fender screws? I had a couple that wouldn't snug up, so I'm hoping some blue Loctite will keep them in place. And then I have 1 screw that just spun and spun and would not back out at all. I used some pliers to pull and twist, and it eventually came out, but now the hole is just a void and the screw won't catch anything whatsoever. I think the threaded metal clip on the backside either fell off or got twisted out of position. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

I just installed my Rokblokz this weekend. Anybody else have any stripped screw holes when removing the fender screws? I had a couple that wouldn't snug up, so I'm hoping some blue Loctite will keep them in place. And then I have 1 screw that just spun and spun and would not back out at all. I used some pliers to pull and twist, and it eventually came out, but now the hole is just a void and the screw won't catch anything whatsoever. I think the threaded metal clip on the backside either fell off or got twisted out of position. Any suggestions on how to fix that?
Make sure you got the screw actually into the retention clip. It's very easy to miss them. Might want to pull that flap off and visually check that the clip is actually still centered in the hole on the truck side

After reviewing this thread I put my RB's on last weekend.....The they look good and really finish off the truck nicely....

After reviewing this thread I put my RB's on last weekend.....The they look good and really finish off the truck nicely....
did you have any issues with stripped screw holes? I think Jeff over-torqued a few of mine at the factory!

did you have any issues with stripped screw holes? I think Jeff over-torqued a few of mine at the factory!

I had an issue with the innermost screw on the the front left....There's a metal tab that hugs the plastic on the truck....I wasn't careful enough when I unscrewed it and pulled the tab through the plastic....yeah the screws are on really tight!....I was surprised.....

Luckily I had purchased a crawler to put my running boards on and got underneath to put it all back together.....my advice is to go slow and steady when you remove the screws on the truck.....my only other issue was putting the fronts on opposite so the RB faces the front when it should face the back :LOL:....I felt the risk of removing and replacing wasn't worth it.....

I took mine Rok Blokz off! They work OK I just don’t like the way mudflaps look. I keep the two front in the truck with a cordless ratchet for when I do get on a gravel surface. And I have gotten lazy (it happens) take Glass cleaner and wipe down all surfaces and duck tape the flaps in place gorilla tape! Have PPF

I ordered a set today. Trying to keep the pint good. No ppf. Might get the off-road steps too for protection purposes.

My replacements which I paid for (half set, front only XL's rear not changing so leaving the regular size) because my front ones have taken a set towards the back due to off road use and are letting the rear fender flares and lower pat of the panels in front of them get blasted! Hope this will fix it. Going to be testing them out in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Make sure you got the screw actually into the retention clip. It's very easy to miss them. Might want to pull that flap off and visually check that the clip is actually still centered in the hole on the truck side
I don't see any clip when I look in that hole now. That's why I think it either fell off(or ripped out), or got completely twisted out of position when I torqued the screw to get it out. It's the 5th screw from the bottom(top screw on the front flap) and I don't see any way to get behind it aside from removing the entire fender flare. I will call my guy at the dealership and see if something like this is covered by them since it definitely came stripped from the factory. I'm trying to limit the number of times those screws go on/off after seeing how delicate the mounting holes/clips are.

My replacements which I paid for (half set front only XL's rear leaving the regular size) because my front ones have taken a set towards the back and are letting the rear fender flares and lower pat of the panels in front other them get blasted! Hope this will fix it. Going to be testing them out in a couple of weeks.
What are you drinking? Happy Hour must've started early!

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back