TRX Fan
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford F150
Current Ride #2
Audi SQ5, Audi S5
320 miles - 12.0 mpg, mix of local and highway driving in break-in mode (easy acceleration) with occasional exuberant spurts. sea level to ~ 100 asl.

IMG_1785.jpg

320 miles - 12.0 mpg, mix of local and highway driving in break-in mode (easy acceleration) with occasional exuberant spurts. sea level to ~ 100 aslView attachment 3344
Thanks for the update. Hopefully gas doesn’t jump up. I am in Mass and just paid $2.59 a gallon for 93 octane. Are you running 93 in the TRX?

Thanks for the update. Hopefully gas doesn’t jump up. I am in Mass and just paid $2.59 a gallon for 93 octane. Are you running 93 in the TRX?
Hate to kill hope but I think gas is going up. The new administration is canceling pipelines like crazy. Gas will still get to the pump but we will just burn millions of gallons of diesel getting it there.... genius "green" strategy.

Gas is going to go up. Honestly wouldn't be all that surprised if we saw $4 a gallon in the next year, I traded away my 50mpg hybrid in November cause gas was cheap and remote working. Ohh well. TRX is measured in smiles per gallon I heard.

Kind of happy to see 12mpg combined for you so far. I'd be happy with that.

320 miles - 12.0 mpg, mix of local and highway driving in break-in mode (easy acceleration) with occasional exuberant spurts. sea level to ~ 100 asl.

View attachment 3344
Shoot. I’d be happy with that. My current rig sees 13. Well. There may be a few mods involved. Keep the updates up.

Hate to kill hope but I think gas is going up. The new administration is canceling pipelines like crazy. Gas will still get to the pump but we will just burn millions of gallons of diesel getting it there.... genius "green" strategy.
GM just announced all ICE's in their cars dead by 2035....Lord we will all be driving around in golf carts. What is the big freakin deal with electric cars. Why are they tryin to push them off on us?? My light bill will sky rocket trying to keep them charged up.

GM just announced all ICE's in their cars dead by 2035....Lord we will all be driving around in golf carts. What is the big freakin deal with electric cars. Why are they tryin to push them off on us?? My light bill will sky rocket trying to keep them charged up.
And we will have a big pile of plastic and batteries to throw away at the end of it all.

I should add...

I just wish if we are going to switch to something sustainable it was real, like hydrogen, and not political.

Last edited:
And we will have a big pile of plastic and batteries to throw away at the end of it all.

I should add...

I just wish if we are going to switch to something sustainable it was real, like hydrogen, and not political.

I haven’t paid much attention to H2 since I did a project on it in college looking at designing a production and filling station.

What are they doing now. I remember it taking a whole shit ton of energy to make the H2 mostly cause you have to pressurize so much you’d be driving around a bomb. And we weren’t exactly seasoned engineers, so we may have just designed a terrible process😂

I haven’t paid much attention to H2 since I did a project on it in college looking at designing a production and filling station.

What are they doing now. I remember it taking a whole shit ton of energy to make the H2 mostly cause you have to pressurize so much you’d be driving around a bomb. And we weren’t exactly seasoned engineers, so we may have just designed a terrible process😂
By no means am I saying hydrogen is the absolute answer. I just know with the current technology of batteries, we will do just as much, if not more, damage if all vehicles were battery powered. Nobody seems to be thinking about EOL for these things. One quick search on e-waste discusses how bad cell phones and laptops are, and they have one battery each. A tesla has what, a few thousand cell phone batteries?

Latest I have seen on hydrogen was making a coating that allowed for salt water usage.

By no means am I saying hydrogen is the absolute answer. I just know with the current technology of batteries, we will do just as much, if not more, damage if all vehicles were battery powered. Nobody seems to be thinking about EOL for these things. One quick search on e-waste discusses how bad cell phones and laptops are, and they have one battery each. A tesla has what, a few thousand cell phone batteries?
...Aaaaaand what must one burn in order to charge all of those batteries? You guessed it... liquid dinosaurs.

...Aaaaaand what must one burn in order to charge all of those batteries? You guessed it... liquid dinosaurs.
Now I am interested in advances.

Cause when I looked at it (cough cough 20 years ago) it took so much energy to compress the hydrogen, we had to use hydrocarbons to do it. Not enough energy from sun without a massive panel field.

Wasn't even going to go there but amen. Unless we want to commit to the power (and risk of) Nuclear we will be burning dinosaurs and celebrating throwing batteries into the sea. I love folks who don't realize that rubber plastic, lubricant, glass, steel, etc... all require liquid dinosuars. We need a plan before we denounce the dinosaur and it just isn't there yet.

Wasn't even going to go there but amen. Unless we want to commit to the power (and risk of) Nuclear we will be burning dinosaurs and celebrating throwing batteries into the sea. I love folks who don't realize that rubber plastic, lubricant, glass, steel, etc... all require liquid dinosuars. We need a plan before we denounce the dinosaur and it just isn't there yet.
Agree 100%. I too am interested in advances HiElevation, but until they get those cells smaller and more efficient (and they're working on that), the brown goo isn't going anywhere... only getting more expensive.

Latest I have seen on hydrogen was making a coating that allowed for salt water usage.

That is interesting. The researchers are doing some cool stuff, it it’s always annoying when the publication on it acts like they created true fuel.

I’d throw them the real challenge. Take the little cup of hydrogen gas and pressurize it to 65k psi without spending more energy than you just created.

I have yet to see above 10 mpg... mostly has been around 8.5-9, and that's with 93 octane. It's virtually impossible for me to stay off the skinny pedal though. The glorious noises that come out of this truck are intoxicating and addicting.

The glorious noises that come out of this truck are intoxicating and addicting.
I think I'm looking forward to that probably more than anything else. My LE has the HK but in reality it will rarely get turned on. It's all about the sound for me. I get in trouble with my nurse at work daily for playing automotive YouTube videos too loud in my office

i averaged 10 in my daily driver hellcat charger on Drag radials. I digged from every light, but could net over 20 on highway under 80mph.
i get 10 in my 8,000LBs Powerwagon. No more then 14 on the Hwy.
i expect to average about 10 in the TRX...if i hear my supercharger at 3000rpm, i wont need to wind up the hemi to 5k every second haha

i just hope its not netting 10mpg at 65mph on the highway it needs to be at least 14 to be reasonable for a daily.

Back