Mopar steps or Amp Research steps

Yes the search function on this site is your friend. I posted about it. Look and you will find it.
I’ve looked everywhere for this post… including the search option… can you point me to it.. thx

I’ve looked everywhere for this post… including the search option… can you point me to it.. thx

Some good information on the AMP Power Steps in this thread:

Installed AMP’s, really happy with them. You cant go wrong with either the Mopar or AMP, Mopar pays AMP a licensing fee & manufactures their steps via a 3rd party so in a way they are reproductions. I went with AMP’s for a few reasons - AMP’s deploy faster than Mopars & they’re more low profile, imo think they look slightly better. W/ the Mopar steps its slick w/ Uconnect but w. AMP’s override switch the ignition doesnt have to be on to move them up & down so thats a plus especially when washing the truck. The puddle lights are useless when you open the doors so the LED lights w/ the AMP’s are great too. Installed the over-ride switch by the parking brake, easy to access from outside the truck. I had the MOPAR oem running boards prior, w/ these power steps its easier to get in & out, its a more natural step up & down. View attachment 21162View attachment 21163View attachment 21164
View attachment 21168
View attachment 21165
View attachment 21166

Looks great! Did you get the Xtreme (2 motor steps) or the standard (1 motor steps)?

That's what I did. It only adds a couple hours of extra work for them after they perform the PDI. Make sure you use the Mopar discount coupons for the steps and install(I believe it's 10% off for install Service, and 15% off Accessories for the steps). I ordered my steps from their parts department months before I got my truck(just in case there was a parts shortage), and they just held them until my truck showed up.
Where can I find Mopar discount coupons?

It's all on the Mopar site. They still have the 10% off Services and 15% off Accessories. So make sure you get a discount on both the hardware and the installation.

I went with mopar. my 2019 limited had them and I really liked them

1651057323536.png

1651057348320.png

NOTE: Max value for each is $200.

Reviving this thread as plenty of new TRX owners are dabbling in both. Does anyone have any updates for the new Amp Powerstep Smart Series version vs Mopar? I am all about Mopar steps but if the newer Smart Series has "better" quality and functionality then I am all ears..

Thank you!

cannot give a comparison but I put the AMP smart series on in Feb. Had rock rails but needed a proper step. Work great, doors open and they come right down, the override on the phone works well. No issues except the motors polarity was reversed. After a quick call to AMP and their reseller I found out that they had an issue in the factory and quick fix was all it took for them to work properly. (cut/butt connector)

Serious question, why are guys choosing Smart over the regular.

The Smart Series has a different tread pattern which may matter if looks is a preference

Correct the override is on your phone via an app vs mopar is on the Uconnect to deploy. I opted for the mopar. The deploy height is perfect and if I want to deploy the steps and keep them deployed I just have to hit the vehicle button on Uconnect then power steps and they deploy and stay deployed until the truck moves then they retract.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back