Mopar Extended Warranty

I brought a copy of my Zeigler MaxCare Extended Warranty quote with me when I purchased my TRX, and my dealer (reluctantly) matched the price. Purchased it from my dealer.

Also wanted a Tire/Road Hazard Mopar Warranty, but my dealer for some reason couldn't pull it up. Purchased that from Zeigler.

If I go online to my Mopar account, it shows BOTH the MaxCare Policy from my dealer, plus the Road Hazard from Zeigler under one "master" Mopar Policy. Also received a physical copy in the mail.
LOL go to Discount Tire and buy it there. The Goodyear tires are among the cheapest tires of this size that there are. Not much to them really. Already took mine off and replaced them.

Last edited:
LOL got to Discount Tire and buy it there. The Goodyear tires are among the cheapest tires of this size that there are. Not much to them really. Already took mine off and replaced them.
Yeah but this covers the WHEELS as well... in addition, covers all four tires if one needs to be replaced and the other three are worn, as it is all time 4 WD

think it was $300 for 7 years...

Can easily see needing to replace a wheel..,

I am not typically an extended warranty guy, but wanted it for this truck for some reason.

Yeah but this covers the WHEELS as well... in addition, covers all four tires if one needs to be replaced and the other three are worn, as it is all time 4 WD

think it was $300 for 7 years...

Can easily see needing to replace a wheel..,

I am not typically an extended warranty guy, but wanted it for this truck for some reason.
Ok if it covers the wheels as well and you like the tires and wheels, retail my wheels at least mine are almost 1k each. If I damage a wheel will get 4 new 20 inch ones aftermarket and tires as well. I am not an extended warranty guy either but for this one ----- kind of like a German car would not be without it if I am going to keep it and I drive about 35k a year. Too many problems with build quality to risk it.

Well I just got an infuriating call from Zeigler--MOPAR increased prices on the TRX extended plans by over $4,000 overnight. That's right . . . the ~$2K plan I got quoted and put a deposit on just last night is now over $6K. That aligns with the direct quote I got from MOPAR yesterday by phone and explains the difference. Zeigler rep said the increase could relate to the # of claims being made. That's not promising. Really sh#tty start for my first foray into the Dodge family of vehicles.

Well I just got an infuriating call from Zeigler--MOPAR increased prices on the TRX extended plans by over $4,000 overnight. That's right . . . the ~$2K plan I got quoted and put a deposit on just last night is now over $6K. That aligns with the direct quote I got from MOPAR yesterday by phone and explains the difference. Zeigler rep said the increase could relate to the # of claims being made. That's not promising. Really sh#tty start for my first foray into the Dodge family of vehicles.

Well SHIT! I just reran my quote from last night. Was $885.00 yesterday (with PAYINFULL), today it is $2,230.00.

Well that sucks! I was on the fence anyway. Never been an extended warranty fan but now I know I won’t be buying at that price

Well that sucks! I was on the fence anyway. Never been an extended warranty fan but now I know I won’t be buying at that price
If you have an engine issue post-manufacturer warranty, it reportedly could be upwards of $17K. I spoke by phone with a frequent poster on this thread (a RAM service manager) and his TRX has been in their shop several times and with several repairs in the short period of time he's owned it. I sense the increase in price flows from an increase in claims. Fingers crossed that his is just a proverbial lemon. TBD.

If this is my second experience paying a premium for a truck only to have way more issues than is warranted for a vehicle in the $80K (Raptor) to $100K (this one) range, I'm done with American vehicles. (Caveat: I have a down payment on the Cybertruck, so I may give them one more shot.)

If you have an engine issue post-manufacturer warranty, it reportedly could be upwards of $17K. I spoke by phone with a frequent poster on this thread (a RAM service manager) and his TRX has been in their shop several times and with several repairs in the short period of time he's owned it. I sense the increase in price flows from an increase in claims.
If I'm not exactly sure how this could be or why it would be? These trucks are all under normal warranty for what 3 years 36000? And the power train is 5 years 60? So how could a "problem" TRX under normal warrantee create a problem with an extended warranty? (Which doesn't kick in till after the original warranty ends...)

Am I missing something?

My guess is Ziegler has seen an increase (everyone on this forum?) In people buying extended warranties, and want to up the game! Thoughts?

If I'm not exactly sure how this could be or why it would be? These trucks are all under normal warranty for what 3 years 36000? And the power train is 5 years 60? So how could a "problem" TRX under normal warrantee create a problem with an extended warranty? (Which doesn't kick in till after the original warranty ends...)

Am I missing something?

My guess is Ziegler has seen an increase (everyone on this forum?) In people buying extended warranties, and want to up the game! Thoughts?
All accurate comments re: manufacturer's base warranty coverage, but Zeigler is just another dealership that buys those extended warranties from MOPAR, the manufacturer. (Their sales rep last night said they saw an opportunity to sell the MOPAR extended warranty cheaper than MOPAR does itself and set up the website to do it.)

So, this isn't a Zeigler-triggered increase; rather, it's a MOPAR increase, which has the ripple effect on Zeigler's pricing since they sell the MOPAR product for a nominal ($200 per rep) profit each.

As for why the prices are going up, Zeigler's rep this morning said MOPAR "reclassified" the TRX. She said the other Hellcat vehicles have had higher priced extended warranties for awhile. She didn't have an explanation beyond that. MOPAR's increase is undoubtedly actuarially based . . . based on experience with other Hellcat engines and--to my earlier point--perhaps due to early claim history on the TRX. Yes, those claims are covered by the manufacturer warranty, but MOPAR is that manufacturer and would presumably be concerned about future claims if initial ones are already high.

Just my thoughts. Open to competing views. Bottom line: the increase s#cks. Sometimes timing is everything.

Wow, that really, really sucks!

I think the "reclassification" is likely the answer. MOPAR (via dealer) probably sold me my warranty priced as a Ram 1500. Someone finally realized that the TRX has a Hellcat and adjusted the warranty price...

I expect this for after market items, like the Console Vault that I just had to return to the manufacturer because it does not fit the TRX - and they were unaware. But MOPAR, common man.......

Well I guess you drive it like you stole it up to 35999 miles then trade in on a new one!

Fyi... This extended warranty coverage topic is pretty widespread on the raptor forums as well. As example I purchased mine from a different dealership that was cheaper and saved thousands there as well.

Assuming ram is the same as other brand's, extended warranties can be purchased up until the 3 year/36000 warranty is expired, generally it's cheaper to purchase within the 1st 12 months though.

So there shouldn't be any emergency to purchase one at least before 1 year of ownership, or more in my view before the 3 year warranty expires. Yes you'll pay a little more, but by that time prices may settle down, or you might not even own the car! Just my humble opinion:eek:

I was afraid that this would happen and bought one asap. This was most likely a mistake MOPAR realized and just corrected it. Hard to believe that this TRX was cheaper on the Service Contract than the GM one was on my 2020 Duramax Denali by almost a grand! People always refer to these things as an extended warranty and they are not they are a service contract. There is a difference but for practical reasons it is an extended warranty "almost"......

Well I guess you drive it like you stole it up to 35999 miles then trade in on a new one!

Fyi... This extended warranty coverage topic is pretty widespread on the raptor forums as well. As example I purchased mine from a different dealership that was cheaper and saved thousands there as well.

Assuming ram is the same as other brand's, extended warranties can be purchased up until the 3 year/36000 warranty is expired, generally it's cheaper to purchase within the 1st 12 months though.

So there shouldn't be any emergency to purchase one at least before 1 year of ownership, or more in my view before the 3 year warranty expires. Yes you'll pay a little more, but by that time prices may settle down, or you might not even own the car! Just my humble opinion:eek:
Reason I got one right away is the ability to get a rent car immediately. There is no obligation for RAM per the basic warranty to provide a vehicle if it is in for service. When my engine almost burned up because the oil cooler line backed out I thought it would be a good thing for piece of mind. Most dealers are short of cars they will provide as loaners they have a lot of vehicles backed up because of the parts shortages all along the supply chain.

This was one of those things where someone just made a mistake and it was fixed --- am very sure it is also because of all of the repairs coming in due to the poor build quality of these trucks. Projections are showing a Lot more repairs going to be coming in that the models first predicted so adjustments were made to bring it in line with the other Special high performance vehicles......

Last edited:
*Link to post with info*
View attachment 3980
I need your contact info please

Any recs on aftermarket warranty alternatives? Any to avoid? My dealership was trying to sell me Kornerstone as a “manufacturer’s extended warranty.”

Any recs on aftermarket warranty alternatives? Any to avoid? My dealership was trying to sell me Kornerstone as a “manufacturer’s extended warranty.”
On these trucks especially ----- all of them...... Too many things for the aftermarket companies to argue about with the repairing dealer.

On these trucks especially ----- all of them...... Too many things for the aftermarket companies to argue about with the repairing dealer.
Agreed. I have no first-hand experience with any aftermarket warranty, but I do have a good amount of second-hand info. from both vehicle owners, independent mechanics, and dealership service advisors, who all paint a pretty bleak picture of most of these companies. From trying to nickel-and-dime on covered repairs (Dorman parts are just as good as OEM, right?), to making the customer jump through all sorts of hoops ("We'd like you to get another repair estimate from our preferred shop in Reno, NV before authorizing any repairs - yes, we understand you live in Nashville"), to outright refusing coverage ("We have determined that your A/C evaporator leaked due to improper maintenance, and therefore is not covered").

The only other option MAY be an extended warranty through your insurance company (have heard halfway-decent things about GEICO's plans), because at least they have a vested interest in retaining your business.

You have 3 years / 36,000 miles to buy the extended manufacturer warranty. You don’t have to buy one right away. You’ll get all sorts of marketing from Mopar / FCA pushing their extended warranty on you over that three year period. You can also check out Ziegler and they sometimes offer a discount code on the warranties they push. They are Mopar / FCA warranties. Regardless you have a 5 year 60,000 mile power train warranty… although there’s plenty of crap that can break that’s not covered by that.

Last edited:
The experience shared re: aftermarket extended warranties matches mine in other categories (e.g., home warranties). Thanks for confirmation.

Appreciate @RobR651's feedback re: marketing coming my way as I approach the end of the 3 years/36K. My concern is that the cost goes up based on their claim experience in the interim, not down. TBD and a risk I now have to wear. Perhaps Elon will finally be done with my Cyber Truck by then.

To add insult to injury on the recent Mopar / FCA price increase, I purchased the 7 yr / 125K mile warranty from Zeigler the evening of the night they bumped prices. Zeigler called the next day to report the overnight $4K jump in price. I got f#*ked! Win some, lose some.

Back