Monthly payment TRX?

Sub-zero

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Angel
Current Ride
TRX
For everyone who owns a Ram TRX or is about to receive there 2022 TRX, what is? Or what was ur down payment and monthly payment once all set and done?

ChargedUp!

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Paul
It’s irrelevant. Some will have paid cash. Some will have put nothing down and got a good rate. Many will be in between. You know how much the truck costs, go to bank rate and plug in some numbers.

OP
Sub-zero

Sub-zero

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Angel
Current Ride
TRX
It’s irrelevant. Some will have paid cash. Some will have put nothing down and got a good rate. Many will be in between. You know how much the truck costs, go to bank rate and plug in some numbers.
We’re would I look if I’m getting a good rate? How do I figure out all this information?

OP
Sub-zero

Sub-zero

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Angel
Current Ride
TRX
And what’s a good rate? Can u give me a example of a good rate please

ChargedUp!

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Paul
First place is to google it on the internet such as here: https://www.bankrate.com/loans/auto-loans/rates/
Or you can also go to your bank or credit union. If you know your credit score, you can make an assumption on what you would qualify for. Take your take home income after all bills are paid and savings is accounted for and an emergency stash is available, what’s left is available to spend on a car.

Reactions: Two

RasMan9

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
Alex
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX, 2021 Audi SQ7
Current Ride #2
2018 BMW M5, 2013 BMW M3
Below 2%

ChargedUp!

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Paul
It all depends on your income and debt. Not enough income and too much debt = crappy rate. Plenty of income and low debt ratio = good rate. You can have a solid credit score and an income of $50k and no one will give you a loan to buy the TRX.
Launch Excel on your computer if you have it and create your budget if you don’t have one already. Put your take home income on the top line and then put all debt and expenses below that and subtract them all. Make sure to include ALL expenses such as daily lunches if you eat out all the time or the trips to the bar if that’s your thing. It needs to be as detailed as possible. After all of that has been completed and you’ve got retirement and rainy day funds also accounted for, whatever is left can usually be considered mad money. Is it enough? That’s your call. But if you’re married or in a relationship, better run it by the partner because no one should spend this kind of money without the others approval/ acknowledgement.

OP
Sub-zero

Sub-zero

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Angel
Current Ride
TRX
It all depends on your income and debt. Not enough income and too much debt = crappy rate. Plenty of income and low debt ratio = good rate. You can have a solid credit score and an income of $50k and no one will give you a loan to buy the TRX.
Launch Excel on your computer if you have it and create your budget if you don’t have one already. Put your take home income on the top line and then put all debt and expenses below that and subtract them all. Make sure to include ALL expenses such as daily lunches if you eat out all the time or the trips to the bar if that’s your thing. It needs to be as detailed as possible. After all of that has been completed and you’ve got retirement and rainy day funds also accounted for, whatever is left can usually be considered mad money. Is it enough? That’s your call. But if you’re married or in a relationship, better run it by the partner because no one should spend this kind of money without the others approval/ acknowledgement.
Ok I will definitely put all the numbers together and figure it out, definitely appreciate it thanks.

Gossamer

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Doug
Current Ride
Hellcat, Cayman S, Compass
Hopefully, the rate is not hard to find. If you can't the F&I person should be able to show it to you. My suggestion is to talk/apply at a credit union. You'll know how much they'll approve you for and what the rate and terms are. I've never financed a car thru a dealership, only credit unions as the rates were lower. Currently, my credit union is advertising rates as low as 1.74% on new, and near new, vehicles. But I don't know the terms.

LokiKai

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 ram 2500 Mega Cab
Current Ride #2
2001 Dodge Ram Sport RC
Military
U.S. ARMY
Be very selective on who you choose to check on financing with. Since you know your credit score ask the lender what their rate would be assuming your score and financial situation BEFORE they run a credit check. You don't want a bunch of lenders running multiple reports or a dealer SHOPPING rates at the expense of lowering your score due to multiple inquiries. You will be told that multiple inquiries around the same time won't negatively impact your score....don't believe it. Once they are ran there's no getting them removed from your report. Sounds like you are NEW to the 🚘 finance game. This is a BIG purchase so keep researching like you are and good luck!

timinnd

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Rebel. 2022 TRX ordered.
Ok I will definitely put all the numbers together and figure it out, definitely appreciate it thanks.

It says your current ride is a TRX...yet you sound like you're trying to figure things out as far as even getting one... ??

Last edited:

timinnd

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Rebel. 2022 TRX ordered.
ZERO - I honestly can't rememebr the last time I financed anything but it's been well over 30 years.

I don't and haven't financed anything for about that long also. I do it for "peace of mind" I guess. I just like the feeling of owing nothing.

But yeah, like many have said... if you do the math... if you get a loan at 1.5 to 3%... you SHOULD be able to take your 80-90K, invest it and after 5-6 years... have more money in your account than if you just pay cash for the vehicle, as you should make more in interest from investing than you pay in interest from financing.

To each his own.

Stevewoz88

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Current Ride
2020 RAM TRX
I don't and haven't financed anything for about that long also. I do it for "peace of mind" I guess. I just like the feeling of owing nothing.

But yeah, like many have said... if you do the math... if you get a loan at 1.5 to 3%... you SHOULD be able to take your 80-90K, invest it and after 5-6 years... have more money in your account than if you just pay cash for the vehicle, as you should make more in interest from investing than you pay in interest from financing.

To each his own.
Lol people these days like to spend more than they can afford because loans are so much easier to get.

Reactions: Two

Car-Guy

TRX Member
Reaction score

To each his own.
I like the peace of mind too.... Anyway, these days the difference between what I "would" pay in interest on a 90k loan, versus what I "could" make from investing 90k in a fixed income instrument, is not worth calculating from my POV. Now you could invest the money in the stock market and may make a difference, but now we are gambling, especially these days ...

Add to that I get a clear title up front, I don't need to deal with insurance/lien holders, no monthly payments to deal with, and I can claim it's mine, and not the banks..

Last edited:

BDS TRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Brian
Current Ride
2012 Supercharged Challenger R/T+ / 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Current Ride #2
2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide
I will be paying cash for my TRX! However this will be my first rodeo . . . there is a bank up the street from the dealership I'll be buying at. How does that work usually? If I fly in to buy the TRX do we go to the bank together and I get a cashiers check? Do I just write the dealer a personal out-of-state check?

. . . how does that typically work when paying cash?

OP
Sub-zero

Sub-zero

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Angel
Current Ride
TRX
I will be paying cash for my TRX! However this will be my first rodeo . . . there is a Bank of America up the street from the dealership I'll be buying at. How does that work usually? If I fly in to buy the TRX do we go to the bank together and I get a cashiers check? Do I just write the dealer a personal out-of-state check?

. . . how does that typically work when paying cash?
So ur getting a loan from Bank of America of the amount of ur truck? To pay it off right away, or ur paying out of ur pocket money?

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com