Modding And Meandering ...

soulsea

☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Ok so I'm doing this thread to keep a record of what I do to the truck, what undo to the truck, what I'm thinking or unthinking of doing and undoing to the truck, and general passing random thoughts and observations as I my ownership of it evolves.

As mentioned before it got to the dealer a couple of days ago, and I picked it up today after they installed the OEM black front skid plate and the front OEM emblems I had painted flat black.

So for those who are considering this mod, here's how that looks on a black truck, both in the sun and in the shade.

Fwiw, I much prefer it this way so supper happy of how it came out.

81-CED90-C-BBAC-44-E1-860-B-3-ADC0-D067-E0-A.jpg

5-F609348-1731-4-C11-A3-F1-279-E1362-EAC0.jpg

IMG-6247.jpg

IMG-6249.jpg

49990-E68-6884-4576-93-F5-6612180-EB03-D.jpg

Next week is tint and ppf, and I've ordered the 1.5" Bora spacers to see what offset aftermarket wheels I'll end up ordering.

The next crucial item for me to find, or convince someone to build, is coil spacers (preferably adjustable) to level the truck, cause 2" rake is triggering me and also because level is better for high speed off-roading.

I'm also playing around with the idea of deployable steps ... I saw them on another TRX that was waiting to be picked up and I liked the clean lines. So I asked if they can be manually overridden by using one of the accessory switches as a kill switch, and waiting to hear on that before seriously considering swapping to them.

Be back to post driving impressions after I've driven it a bit more, but from the few miles from the dealership to the house, I can already tell that I am driving heavenly truck goodness. :)

----------------------------------------------------

Update 2/12/21

039-D70-CA-A3-AA-426-D-9-A73-C0-C14341-A021.jpg

AF189-AAE-2568-4-DEC-931-B-7-B806-F1-C89-A9.jpg

7-D2622-DC-4-F4-D-443-D-8-E7-F-CCD9-BE9335-AF.jpg

CE16-B2-D1-6-A4-B-4-D49-A041-47418-C31-B661.jpg

==========================================

Update 2/26/21

Installed Bora 1.5" wheel spacers:

1614364381439.png

1614364338810.png

Attachments

• 1614364283142.png
    1614364283142.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 5,626
Last edited:
Looks great! I may have to consider this modification also. I'll do my wrap first and then we'll see how it looks. I'm going with a matte grey, so the grey skid plate may look good with that color. We'll have to see, though. Keep us posted if you find a leveling kit that works. The rake in the front is KILLING me!

Ok so I'm doing this thread to keep a record of what I do to the truck, what undo to the truck, what I'm thinking or unthinking of doing and undoing to the truck, and general passing random thoughts and observations as I my ownership of it evolves.

As mentioned before it got to the dealer a couple of days ago, and I picked it up today after they installed the OEM black front skid plate and the front OEM emblems I had painted flat black.

So for those who are considering this mod, here's how that looks on a black truck, both in the sun and in the shade.

IMG-6247.jpg

IMG-6249.jpg

Next week is tint and ppf, and I've ordered the 1.5" Bora spacers to see what offset aftermarket wheels I'll end up ordering.

The next crucial item for me to find, or convince someone to build, is coil spacers (preferably adjustable) to level the truck, cause 2" rake is triggering me and also because level is better for high speed off-roading.

I'm also playing around with the idea of deployable steps ... I saw them on another TRX that was waiting to be picked up and I liked the clean lines. So I asked if they can be manually overridden by using one of the accessory switches as a kill switch, and waiting to hear on that before seriously considering swapping to them.

Be back to post driving impressions after I've driven it a bit more, but from the few miles from the dealership to the house, I can already tell that I am driving heavenly truck goodness. :)
Damn brother. That thing looks way better. What was the part number for the black skid plate and how much. Yours looks exactly like what I plan on doing to mine.

Damn brother. That thing looks way better. What was the part number for the black skid plate and how much. Yours looks exactly like what I plan on doing to mine.

PN: 5ZB47GXHAA

Do keep in mind that although the part isn't very expensive, it's not an easy job to do the swap, so make sure you get a quote beforehand. They didn't charge me for doing mine as a gesture for the truck being delayed, so I don't know how many work hours it is. It won't look as OEM but it might save someone not an insignificant amount of money to have it painted without taking it off.

0-F6036-FF-BDE5-47-A4-8-DCD-BCF6797-B12-BE.jpg

IMG-6247.jpg

IMG-6249.jpg

Damn! I know that part number is on here somewhere, Get that ordered!!😂. I like that a lot! 👍👍

IMG-6247.jpg

IMG-6249.jpg

Can't wait to get mine on‼️💪🏾

IMG-6247.jpg

IMG-6249.jpg

If you don't mine how many hrs are they billing for at the dealer to install the skid plate?

If you don't mine how many hrs are they billing for at the dealer to install the skid plate?
From post above @soulsea
Do keep in mind that although the part isn't very expensive, it's not an easy job to do the swap, so make sure you get a quote beforehand. They didn't charge me for doing mine as a gesture for the truck being delayed, so I don't know how many work hours it is. It won't look as OEM but it might save someone not an insignificant amount of money to have it painted without taking it off.

IMG-6247.jpg

IMG-6249.jpg

Looks great!

How it should have came in the first damn place. My corrected black one is on its way.

How it should have came in the first damn place. My corrected black one is on its way.
Couldn't agree more! @soulsea, Truck looks GREAT! I ordered my plate from the dealership when I picked my truck up yesterday. I'll be installing it myself once it arrives.

Still debating the Mopar vs Amp XL steps but they told me both were in stock in their warehouse and I could have them next day.

Couldn't agree more! @soulsea, Truck looks GREAT! I ordered my plate from the dealership when I picked my truck up yesterday. I'll be installing it myself once it arrives.

Still debating the Mopar vs Amp XL steps but they told me both were in stock in their warehouse and I could have them next day.

Thanks bud. I highly recommend painting the emblems too, I know it doesn't seem like much but they stick out quite a bit when the rest of the front clip is blacked out.

Are you looking into a kill switch solution for the steps or is that something that you don't have use for?

I think that uconnect4 button issue was resolved the next day with the mopar steps.

IMG-6247.jpg

IMG-6249.jpg

That’s probably my biggest interest. How to space the coil springs up front!

Thanks bud. I highly recommend painting the emblems too, I know it doesn't seem like much but they stick out quite a bit when the rest of the front clip is blacked out.

Are you looking into a kill switch solution for the steps or is that something that you don't have use for?
I definitely plan to do the override. The dealer agreed to let me take the Mopar steps under the assumption they will be able to flash the ECU to support them via UConnect. They say they should be able to, but based on previous posts here, they agreed to let me return them and upgrade to the AMP XL steps if not. If I end up with the Amp steps I plan to wire it to one of the factory aux switches for override control.

Call me crazy but what emblems did you paint?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back