Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX “The Beast”
Current Ride #2
Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L v8 4x4
Military
Vet Air Force
Just got notified my truck went into D1 status today!!! Almost right at 2 months since order placed in system. Ordered 3/8 & VIN on 3/23.

I am a realist & knew what I was getting myself into & the cons of getting overly excited too soon lol. I am a “prepare for the worst & be happy when works out” type of person. BUT I think I can start to get a little excited now lol. Maybe even start ordering accessories (been holding out in case 2022’s came sooner than my build lol).

One of the biggest accessories I want when truck is here is a tonneau cover. I have a BAKflip F1 & love it but think the TRX is going to be too high for me to fold it when needed (gets heavier each fold). Hubby could handle it fine at 6’3” but it is my driver & I am only 5’6” lol. So think I narrowed it down to either the RetraxPro XR or PowertraxPro XR. My biggest concerns are: If the power system fails on PowertraxPro, is there a way to open it or is it just stuck closed until fixed? Is the RetraxPro easy to open on TRX by 5’6” woman without having to climb into the bed for more oomph?

Once I decide which tonneau I want, how long does it usually take to get delivered? And are there any good deals or rebates out there for them now or soon?

Thanks everyone! Getting my happy dance ready & may start to let myself get excited lol.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Just got notified my truck went into D1 status today!!! Almost right at 2 months since order placed in system. Ordered 3/8 & VIN on 3/23.

I am a realist & knew what I was getting myself into & the cons of getting overly excited too soon lol. I am a “prepare for the worst & be happy when works out” type of person. BUT I think I can start to get a little excited now lol. Maybe even start ordering accessories (been holding out in case 2022’s came sooner than my build lol).

One of the biggest accessories I want when truck is here is a tonneau cover. I have a BAKflip F1 & love it but think the TRX is going to be too high for me to fold it when needed (gets heavier each fold). Hubby could handle it fine at 6’3” but it is my driver & I am only 5’6” lol. So think I narrowed it down to either the RetraxPro XR or PowertraxPro XR. My biggest concerns are: If the power system fails on PowertraxPro, is there a way to open it or is it just stuck closed until fixed? Is the RetraxPro easy to open on TRX by 5’6” woman without having to climb into the bed for more oomph?

Once I decide which tonneau I want, how long does it usually take to get delivered? And are there any good deals or rebates out there for them now or soon?

Thanks everyone! Getting my happy dance ready & may start to let myself get excited lol.
I have a brand new never opened top of the line powered Pace Edwards if you are interested. Posted in classifieds

OP
Riala

Riala

That Girl!!!
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX “The Beast”
Current Ride #2
Military
Vet Air Force
I have a brand new never opened top of the line powered Pace Edwards if you are interested. Posted in classifieds
Does it have that track to mount stuff on top? And why did you choose not to go with it?

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Does it have that track to mount stuff on top? And why did you choose not to go with it?
Yes has the track. Going to build more of an off-road overland truck vs street truck. Need space to mount full spares

OP
Riala

Riala

That Girl!!!
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX “The Beast”
Current Ride #2
Military
Vet Air Force
Ack shipping going to offset any savings lol. Wished I lived closer to consider.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Ack shipping going to offset any savings lol. Wished I lived closer to consider.
No worries. If interested let me know

ceb

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
RetraxPRO MX opens and closes easily. My wife is 5’2 and can open and close without getting in the bed. The powered version ups the cool factor.

Johnny@JustBoltOns

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2005 Mustang, 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel Hydro Blue (while I wait on my TRX)

Congrats on the update!!! Pace Edwards is great brand, totally depends on what you need for your daily lifestyle. @Bambi has a great deal on his so I'd grab that one up if interested in that one.

If looking for another cover, I can definitely help and provide you the forum discount code - BAK, TruXedo, Retrax, Roll-N-Lock, Retrax, Undercover and much more.

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com