M&R fog light wiring

SneekEm

Holla
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Trx
I am in the middle of installing my M&R Fog lights and had a question about routing the wire for the passenger side fog. I dropped the wire down from the aux wire location and across the skid plate but wanted to know how y’all have your wire running and what you have it zipped to. I was going to run it across the inside of the front bumper with the wiring harness that’s there for sensors but the wiring harness that came with the fogs isn’t long enough. It’s just long enough to drop down and across the skid plate.

Hi Sneekem. I don't have M&R fog lights. i only have an Oracle front bumper light, Rigid pillar lights and Rigid rear lights. Anyway, like my pillar lights, maybe you should consider routing the wires around the top of the engine bay. For example, going from the aux wires by the battery and go counterclockwise around near the rear of the hood and come up towards the front of the passenger side towards the fog light and then drop down. Just a suggestion. I can't show you how I routed my pillar lights since I am out of town in Chattanooga, TN. Not sure if you have enough wire to route it the way I suggested. I did route my fog lights on my Raptor trough the skid plate which worked ok since on the Gen 2 you have an access port on the skid plate to change the oil And not take off the whole skid plate on the Rex. Good luck!

I am in the middle of installing my M&R Fog lights and had a question about routing the wire for the passenger side fog. I dropped the wire down from the aux wire location and across the skid plate but wanted to know how y’all have your wire running and what you have it zipped to. I was going to run it across the inside of the front bumper with the wiring harness that’s there for sensors but the wiring harness that came with the fogs isn’t long enough. It’s just long enough to drop down and across the skid plate.
I ran mine across the skid plate but zip tied it to the supports on the front side and I also prefabed the wiring harness with weatherproof plugs incase I want to remove or work on it. Also did weather proof plugs for the Aux switches.
08DDD3A6-EE03-44D3-B0DF-5C7F366A5735.jpeg

Why not just wire to the factory fog harness?

I live in the city and don’t want to be flashed all the time. So I pretty much just run the ambers

I ran mine across the skid plate but zip tied it to the supports on the front side and I also prefabed the wiring harness with weatherproof plugs incase I want to remove or work on it. Also did weather proof plugs for the Aux switches. View attachment 56814
Looks great, do you have a link to the weather proof plugs you used? I have a lot of wiring to do and that sounds a heck of a lot cleaner than splices and electrical tape...

I ran mine across the skid plate but zip tied it to the supports on the front side and I also prefabed the wiring harness with weatherproof plugs incase I want to remove or work on it. Also did weather proof plugs for the Aux switches. View attachment 56814

I was going to do weatherproof plugs but I hard wired everything in. The harness that came with the fog kit was legit, those connectors with the heat shrink worked awesome. I don’t see a need to remove them, and if I do remove them I’ll go back to factory fogs for whatever reason.

I routed them along the skid plate and did exactly what you said, zip tied it to the supports.

I think the hardest part was getting the individual pod lights lined up perfectly in the bracket. I have OCD so I don’t think it’s perfect but it works for me.

I plan to run the ambers 100% of the time, and kick the white lights on when I’m on dark roads. Just drove home and had the white fogs on and holy shit are they bright. Night and day compared to factory fogs.

0BDCADCA-00BC-4165-A6ED-D1C741EABB18.jpeg

I was going to do weatherproof plugs but I hard wired everything in. The harness that came with the fog kit was legit, those connectors with the heat shrink worked awesome. I don’t see a need to remove them, and if I do remove them I’ll go back to factory fogs for whatever reason.

I routed them along the skid plate and did exactly what you said, zip tied it to the supports.

I think the hardest part was getting the individual pod lights lined up perfectly in the bracket. I have OCD so I don’t think it’s perfect but it works for me.

I plan to run the ambers 100% of the time, and kick the white lights on when I’m on dark roads. Just drove home and had the white fogs on and holy shit are they bright. Night and day compared to factory fogs.

View attachment 56820
I only ran the plugs incase I ever did anything else or had to remove them. I also did the plugs to the Aux connections so it’s all plug and play

I only ran the plugs incase I ever did anything else or had to remove them. I also did the plugs to the Aux connections so it’s all plug and play

Well damn. Maybe when I install the light bar I have I’ll replace the aux connections with plug and play.

What connectors did you use?

Well damn. Maybe when I install the light bar I have I’ll replace the aux connections with plug and play.

I just posted them in this post #9

White is the best and faster color fyi 😎

I also forwarded the BCM update needed to retain last state for the aux switches on your other post 🤙
Yep, saw that. Thanks!! Going to call the dealer tomorrow and see how long it will take to get an apt for an update. Is that something that is quick so I can wait for it while they do the update?

I guess that depends on the dealer. But shouldn’t take very long at all tbh

About to do this install myself as well. If you use the 2 pin connector to hook up to fog light switch what wires goes where? Also what is everyone taping into for the amber backlight to be on, the 2 side markers in the bumper?

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back