Erik

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Nissan Pathfinder
Current Ride #2
Toyota ProAce Verso VIP
Hey guys, I'm starting this new thread ... while replacing the front driver's side Cv Boot (which the Mopar original is not replaceable - only the entire half-axle can be replaced) I came across that my Lower control arm ball joint is damaged and will it must be replaced in the near future. I'm from Europe, so the advice "go to the service center, they'll replace it under warranty" doesn't really help me. But I can't find the Lower control arm ball joint anywhere on the Mopar website as a replaceable item, it's just a part of the entire Lower control arm, which I don't want to buy unnecessarily, since it's fine, only the ball joint is damaged. Can you recommend an OEM replacement that I can buy and replace with my technician? It's not a question of money, it's more of a matter of principle, because at this time, everyone got used to changing whole parts piece by piece, also because of such banalities. Thank you very much in advance.

fd84c60c54fb6cebbae4d301a6f684fa.png

I checked and didn’t see it as sold separate. I know that there’s a few lower control arms sold on eBay for about 1/2 price. I’d reach out to @Alienhead he’s a parts dept guy for CDJR. He definitely has access to a broader library of parts and might be able to track it down for you. Also reach out to foutz motorsports they sell front suspension parts and can likely point you in the right direction for a suitable replacement.

+2 for Foutz in Arizona. Good guys and knowledgeable

Hey guys, I'm starting this new thread ... while replacing the front driver's side Cv Boot (which the Mopar original is not replaceable - only the entire half-axle can be replaced) I came across that my Lower control arm ball joint is damaged and will it must be replaced in the near future. I'm from Europe, so the advice "go to the service center, they'll replace it under warranty" doesn't really help me. But I can't find the Lower control arm ball joint anywhere on the Mopar website as a replaceable item, it's just a part of the entire Lower control arm, which I don't want to buy unnecessarily, since it's fine, only the ball joint is damaged. Can you recommend an OEM replacement that I can buy and replace with my technician? It's not a question of money, it's more of a matter of principle, because at this time, everyone got used to changing whole parts piece by piece, also because of such banalities. Thank you very much in advance.

View attachment 47767
The ball joints are only sold with the control arms. This is not uncommon for modern Rams. I personally would not replace the ball joint alone.
The left: 68444513AD readily available at 951.00
The right: 68444512AD on backorder same price. However you may be able to use a third party to buy it from Larry H Miller in Albuquerque NM 888-831-3743. Most dealers can't or wont sell overseas.

The ball joints are only sold with the control arms. This is not uncommon for modern Rams. I personally would not replace the ball joint alone.
The left: 68444513AD readily available at 951.00
The right: 68444512AD on backorder same price. However you may be able to use a third party to buy it from Larry H Miller in Albuquerque NM 888-831-3743. Most dealers can't or wont sell overseas.
Thank you for the information. I have no problem with buying from the USA, I have my address in the warehouse from where the goods are usually forwarded to Europe. But it's a matter of principle for me, it's not possible for me to change the entire lower arm because of the ball joint! This is an incredible waste of material! what comes next? If yours car runs out of gas, will you have to exchange it for a new car? That ball joint is sold by someone who manufactures it and delivers it to the RAM factory. It can be nicely pressed and replaced with a new one, I just need to find a supplier for it.

Thank you for the information. I have no problem with buying from the USA, I have my address in the warehouse from where the goods are usually forwarded to Europe. But it's a matter of principle for me, it's not possible for me to change the entire lower arm because of the ball joint! This is an incredible waste of material! what comes next? If yours car runs out of gas, will you have to exchange it for a new car? That ball joint is sold by someone who manufactures it and delivers it to the RAM factory. It can be nicely pressed and replaced with a new one, I just need to find a supplier for it.
It does sound like a waste. The issue with the modern setups it that these ball joints are pressed in and the hole is enlarged with the pressing. This gives the whole piece greater strength. A replacement ball joint would not fit. You would need an ever increasing OD as the ball joints were replaced over time. I know you can get aftermarket ball joints using the dimensions of the OEM but in an over sized option. But would you really trust an after market or OEM oversized ball joint on your 6000lb $100k truck?

Granted I am speaking from an OCD perspective. I rolled down my drivers window and caused nearly invisible scratches in it because it was covered in sandy mud so I replaced the glass.

Need help dose anyone know the part number to this

Attachments

• CF9E5F7D-25C9-436B-908A-63B17CE80EAC.jpeg
    CF9E5F7D-25C9-436B-908A-63B17CE80EAC.jpeg
    365.5 KB · Views: 45
That’s one of your ride height sensor parts. Which side? Go to the mopar parts site and enter your vehicle info and check under suspension

Man call me stupid but I can’t find it
Which one is it that you’re looking for specifically? Front / rear / left / right? I dumped one of the part numbers from mopar in on Google and it brought up a picture of one on Tasca Parts which showed a sensor complete with the ride height bar. They appear to be specific to each area of the truck. The mopar site sucks unless you can narrow down which one you’re looking for and eventually chase that part number and see if you can find an image. Reach out to @Alienhead he’s a Ram parts guy and can probably help you locate the exact part and ship it to you.

Attachments

• E0523FA3-1A9B-4F51-BAFF-7235F8658C61.png
    E0523FA3-1A9B-4F51-BAFF-7235F8658C61.png
    296.4 KB · Views: 21
Are you buying the parts from a US based dealer? The parts departments are usually really good via e-mail in helping identify things from your VIN.

Here is your info:
RF 68277070AD 1 day $68.20 + Tax + shipping
LF 68277069AE 10 days $68.20 + Tax + shipping
RR 68277076AC 1 day $68.20 + Tax + shipping
LR 68277079AC 1 day $68.20 + Tax + shipping

The arrival times are to the dealer assuming they do not have it in stock. If you want to go to the dealer let me know which position you need and which dealer your going to and I will check local availability. Or just call me. 1-800-657-6468 James in parts.

Last edited:
Here is your info:
RF 68277070AD 1 day $68.20 + Tax + shipping
LF 68277069AE 10 days $68.20 + Tax + shipping
RR 68277076AC 1 day $68.20 + Tax + shipping
LR 68277079AC 1 day $68.20 + Tax + shipping

The arrival times are to the dealer assuming they do not have it in stock. If you want to go to the dealer let me know which position you need and which dealer you’re going to and I will check local availability. Or just call me. 1-800-657-6468 James in parts.
“THREAD HIJACK!!”

Just sent you a pm about a part. Let me know if you prefer me to call in.

Which one is it that you’re looking for specifically? Front / rear / left / right? I dumped one of the part numbers from mopar in on Google and it brought up a picture of one on Tasca Parts which showed a sensor complete with the ride height bar. They appear to be specific to each area of the truck. The mopar site sucks unless you can narrow down which one you’re looking for and eventually chase that part number and see if you can find an image. Reach out to @Alienhead he’s a Ram parts guy and can probably help you locate the exact part and ship it to you.
I jus need the ball bolt

Attachments

• 560427F0-4BFD-4387-87C6-3D002E60B3AE.png
    560427F0-4BFD-4387-87C6-3D002E60B3AE.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

Attachments

• 70484FE2-4FB1-418D-928D-171D24FF3887.jpeg
    70484FE2-4FB1-418D-928D-171D24FF3887.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 3
I jus need the ball bolt
Ram will not sell just the ball joint. It is a unit. You may be able to find something in the after market. But a word to the wise. This is a specialty Halo vehicle with extreme use in mind. It can cost between 74k and 105k MSRP to get one. I recommend that you do not try to fix a part, you replace that part. The forces that broke the part did not just effect the part that broke. That was just the weakest point of that part.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back