Looking for mopar rock rails

Cruelas

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
1C6SRFU98MN904687
What’s up crew! I’m looking to buy some Ram TRX mopar rock rails for my truck. I live down in SoCal and can pick up if close if not hopefully someone can ship them. Thanks!🤙🏼

Whipcat

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Phillip
Current Ride
2017 Challenger Hellcat / 2014 Ram 3500 / 2020 Shelby GT350R
I’m selling mine will have pics up soon

SorbSRT

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 Jeep JTR LE, 2018 JEEP JLR
Military
USCG
What’s up crew! I’m looking to buy some Ram TRX mopar rock rails for my truck. I live down in SoCal and can pick up if close if not hopefully someone can ship them. Thanks!🤙🏼
Know these are not real rock rails. They are bolt ons that use brackets instead of being bolted to the frame. In other words, they are window dressing only.

ALJ

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Larry Scott
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
No
Know these are not real rock rails. They are bolt ons that use brackets instead of being bolted to the frame. In other words, they are window dressing only.

You need to calm down with these hyperbolized statements. These Mopar rock rails are actually better than a lot of the poorly made rock rails, and if you want to add strength you can very easily drill them into the tub, so they would be reinforced while bolted through the tub. If you really felt the need to attach/weld the brackets instead of using bolts, lots of places can weld that for you.

I have already asked you this, but you did not give a reply, what aftermarket rock rails are you recommending that people should put on their TRX over the Mopar rails? Would you recommend modifying these Mopar rock rails? Instead of being such a know-it-all, add some value to the thread...

SorbSRT

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 Jeep JTR LE, 2018 JEEP JLR
Military
USCG
You need to calm down with these hyperbolized statements. These Mopar rock rails are actually better than a lot of the poorly made rock rails, and if you want to add strength you can very easily drill them into the tub, so they would be reinforced while bolted through the tub. If you really felt the need to attach/weld the brackets instead of using bolts, lots of places can weld that for you.

I have already asked you this, but you did not give a reply, what aftermarket rock rails are you recommending that people should put on their TRX over the Mopar rails? Would you recommend modifying these Mopar rock rails? Instead of being such a know-it-all, add some value to the thread...
Looking through the thread I don't see a question.

Bottomline on these type of mall crawler accessories, these aluminum "rock sliders" are installed with brackets, not directly to the frame. As for suggesting that I look for something I have no use for, to satisfy your hyperbole, know that I'm not interested in doing so.

ALJ

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Larry Scott
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
No
Looking through the thread I don't see a question.

Bottomline on these type of mall crawler accessories, these aluminum "rock sliders" are installed with brackets, not directly to the frame. As for suggesting that I look for something I have no use for, to satisfy your hyperbole, know that I'm not interested in doing so.

It was on my WTB post, you came into with the same exact comments and I asked what you would recommended for an aftermarket solution. You went silent, and I have to ask why you are trolling these threads if you have no value to add, and you just want to bash a product also, attached to the frame??? Body mounted is the way to go.

This is a quote from a well known, and highly regarded, offroader, who uses Savvy rails on his Wrangler. Savvy is one of the most respected brands out than in the Wrangler offroad community, and there is a reason they design their rails this way.

"While frame mounts sound stronger, they're not and they can also hang up due to their required mounting brackets that run under the tub between them and the frame. Serious rock crawlers all run body mounted rocker guards due to their added strength and better tub protection. Beginners or very casual offroaders tend to run frame mounted only because it sounds stronger or they're afraid to drill holes so they can mount the tub mounted rocker guards.

If you have the $$$ there is no better/stronger/better designed rocker guard than Savvy's which even includes a reinforcement that mounts from the inside to sandwich the tub."

cortc

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited EcoDiesel
I wouldn’t call them window dressing, they are designed to provide a certain amount of protection as per the RAM engineers. I believe they stated they will support up to 1/2 the trucks weight and definitely better than nothing.

Now for serious rock crawling a more robust solution would be better, it all depends on the need of the user. The factory solution maybe adequate for the casual off-roader.

HydroTRX420

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
TJ
Current Ride
Jaguar Fpace SVR
I love the look of my Mopar rock rails compared to the running boards. It is just my opinion and like stated above it does offer some extra protection. To me who won’t be using them as rock rails maintains the stance of the truck. Just my 2 cents in case you were looking at them as just for the look.

Whipcat

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Phillip
Current Ride
I wouldn’t call them window dressing, they are designed to provide a certain amount of protection as per the RAM engineers. I believe they stated they will support up to 1/2 the trucks weight and definitely better than nothing.

Now for serious rock crawling a more robust solution would be better, it all depends on the need of the user. The factory solution maybe adequate for the casual off-roader.

how much rock crawling do you do?

cortc

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited EcoDiesel
how much rock crawling do you do?
I don’t do any with this TRX, have done plenty in the past with Wranglers and the like. As for my TRX I have the running boards on mine and happy with them for what I need. I like the look of the OEM rock rails just does not meet my needs on this truck and the wife appreciates the easy climb into the cab. They also do a decent job of protecting the sides of the truck from rocks, gravel and door dings...

Whipcat

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Phillip
Current Ride
I don’t do any with this TRX, have done plenty in the past with Wranglers and the like. As for my TRX I have the running boards on mine and happy with them for what I need. I like the look of the OEM rock rails just does not meet my needs on this truck and the wife appreciates the easy climb into the cab. They also do a decent job of protecting the sides of the truck from rocks, gravel and door dings...

when I got the rock rails. They look great but it’s just to high a step flr my wife. I ended up installing the amp powerstep XL

Bondkenbond

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Ken
Current Ride
2016 GMC 2500 Denali
Current Ride #2
2012 Jeep Wrangler
I have a set i’ll sell for $ 600.00 if you want to pick them up just North of Fresno.

Attachments

• 30B2B0F9-337E-4920-B192-F135AA1DF69F.jpeg
    30B2B0F9-337E-4920-B192-F135AA1DF69F.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: ALJ

Bondkenbond

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Ken
Current Ride
2016 GMC 2500 Denali
Current Ride #2
2012 Jeep Wrangler

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com