Looking for advice on new SUV

Vote for Tesla model X Performance. My wife is not a car nut either and said she did not want something sporty or loud but I wanted something fun. Model x 0-60 2.6 seconds!! it is kind of scary but so fun. She does not use it very much so I drive it a lot and dont spend a penny on gas, it is a great combination with the trx.

Give her the TRX?

I would probably give the fully loaded Aviator a good look and if electric is an option, Tesla Model X is a pretty fun SUV. The best value holder is probably the Lexus RX350 sport but that might be a little dated on modern tech.

All Electric is out for me, I believe we are going to see exponential advances in Electric cars the next few years. For those of you who have recommended the Q7, or SQ7. What are you doing for storage? That was the biggest turnoff for my wife, very little center stack storage. Are there hidden cubbies we are not aware of? Other than that, we loved the Q7, I especially loved the SQ7! Also, we don't need 3 rows, we only have one rug rat! :)

Give her the TRX?

I would probably give the fully loaded Aviator a good look and if electric is an option, Tesla Model X is a pretty fun SUV. The best value holder is probably the Lexus RX350 sport but that might be a little dated on modern tech.
Hey Jump, we are waiting for the Lexus dealer to get a F-sport in to test drive. You can't beat Lexus reliability and safety.

My wife currently has a X5 M-Sport that we leased in 2018. First and Last lease by the way! My wife loves BMWs, I use to love them, but I feel they have cheapened the entire product line. I use to have an older 550, and that car felt solid and well put together. My wifes's X5 feels cheap inside, and does not handle like they use too. Any suggestions? We drove the Cayenne, and I loved it. New Genesis is ok, but Hyundai missed the mark a bit. She likes the look of the new MDX Type-S. Any suggestions? She is not a car nut like me, so high horsepower Track hawks are out of the question!!!
Mercedes GLC 43 Amg Coupe.
If you want more power, go for the Amg 63. I leased it for 3 year, 36,000 miles. $ 0 down for $ 750 month. Tax not included. It's been a great suv

My wife *LOVES* her Cayenne. I tried to talk her into the Macan Turbo, but she likes the extra row and perception of higher ride height. Bought it new a little over a year ago. Prior to driving this, she was sold on the Volvo XC90s, she had 3 of those, but they have really gotten stupid over their model life and the past couple of model years have just been underpowered bread boxes. Porsche is hard to beat.

My wife *LOVES* her Cayenne. I tried to talk her into the Macan Turbo, but she likes the extra row and perception of higher ride height. Bought it new a little over a year ago. Prior to driving this, she was sold on the Volvo XC90s, she had 3 of those, but they have really gotten stupid over their model life and the past couple of model years have just been underpowered bread boxes. Porsche is hard to beat.
What’s the maintenance like on the Porsche? Anything stupid expensive?

My wife currently has a X5 M-Sport that we leased in 2018. First and Last lease by the way! My wife loves BMWs, I use to love them, but I feel they have cheapened the entire product line. I use to have an older 550, and that car felt solid and well put together. My wifes's X5 feels cheap inside, and does not handle like they use too. Any suggestions? We drove the Cayenne, and I loved it. New Genesis is ok, but Hyundai missed the mark a bit. She likes the look of the new MDX Type-S. Any suggestions? She is not a car nut like me, so high horsepower Track hawks are out of the question!!!
We have a 19 rr sport (wife daily driver) and it’s been great. Perfect size for her and 2 kids, cushy yet sporty ride, and sharp curb appeal. No complaints other than you frequently have to fill it up with coolant. Never had to do that with any other car.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (not a Trackhawk) is one of the most fun cars I ever had. Or if even that is too much power, just get her a nice summit with a plain old hemi and she will love it!

It's really not bad at all. Regular service every 10k, major service every 40k. Major service runs about $1200. I think that's pretty damn reasonable for such a highly engineered machine.
That’s good to hear

Crazy, my wife currently has the 2019 X5 M sport . We've gone ML350, X5 and X5 for her last three cars. I also used to have the M550i, but then i got a Raptor and then never drove the M550i. So, got rid of that and just got a convertible E53. In my opinion, the BMW blows doors on Mercedes from a quality and usability perspective. My E53 is fully loaded with Mercedes' latest tech and the wife's X5 is so superior. And the E53 has little vibration rattles, which was also the same with our ML350. I'm in same boat on my wife and she also doesn't really care, except that she doesn't want a big learning curve on how to use the car. And this is going to come off as weird, but BMW's always smell like leather. Here in Texas, we have some weird sales tax issues which makes some brands much more compelling than others, but I'm sure we will be looking at X5 again. It just does everything well.

BMW people will always be BMW people despite all the quirks, grills, stereotypes and problems that come along with them.

My wife has a GLE53 & Loves it. Previously she had a Volvo Xc90 T8 which was very practical but not as sporty. The Porsche has a million buttons & Audi Q7 needs a redesign.

Crazy, my wife currently has the 2019 X5 M sport . We've gone ML350, X5 and X5 for her last three cars. I also used to have the M550i, but then i got a Raptor and then never drove the M550i. So, got rid of that and just got a convertible E53. In my opinion, the BMW blows doors on Mercedes from a quality and usability perspective. My E53 is fully loaded with Mercedes' latest tech and the wife's X5 is so superior. And the E53 has little vibration rattles, which was also the same with our ML350. I'm in same boat on my wife and she also doesn't really care, except that she doesn't want a big learning curve on how to use the car. And this is going to come off as weird, but BMW's always smell like leather. Here in Texas, we have some weird sales tax issues which makes some brands much more compelling than others, but I'm sure we will be looking at X5 again. It just does everything well.
Thanks Scott, interestingly our X5 has a ton of rattle issues. It has been back to the dealer 3 times, and just turned 30K. Considering it is the last run of that X5 generation I expected a little better quality. I think she is leaning the Cayenne, but we will see

Thanks Scott, interestingly our X5 has a ton of rattle issues. It has been back to the dealer 3 times, and just turned 30K. Considering it is the last run of that X5 generation I expected a little better quality. I think she is leaning the Cayenne, but we will see
I initially mentioned the Tesla Model X but the Cayenne is an awesome choice too. My middle large kid has an old cayenne turbo from 2004. The first year offered, I think. It’s been a great car. Safe. Great performance. Terrific in snow (with 18inch Michelin snow tires). Awesome in summer with 22inch pilot sports. Maintenance has been very reasonable given that we have a local Porsche garage (not a dealer) who takes care of all the high end models in town including all the weekend race guys. The maintenance costs have been less than my wife’s old xc60 at the dealer for sure. My brother in law has a relatively new Cayenne Turbo S which is a beast. I’m still a fan of the Model X but the Cayenne is a great choice for sure. TRX for me though whenever it gets here!

Mercedes GLE if you don’t need the third row. The GLS if you do need the third row. The Mercedes GL series is a whole different class from the X5.

Mercedes GLE if you don’t need the third row. The GLS if you do need the third row. The Mercedes GL series is a whole different class from the
Mercedes GLE if you don’t need the third row. The GLS if you do need the third row. The Mercedes GL series is a whole different class from the X5.
Third row is available in GLE

We have a 19 rr sport (wife daily driver) and it’s been great. Perfect size for her and 2 kids, cushy yet sporty ride, and sharp curb appeal. No complaints other than you frequently have to fill it up with coolant. Never had to do that with any other car.

Interesting. We bought my wife's RR in 16 with all of the bells and whistles and it just rolled 80K miles and has been to RR four times in total, all oil changes and whatever they do for the A and B maintenance. We've never added coolant once so that's why I'm shocked you have. It's been a great car and she loves the thing. I'm pissed I did the extended warranty to 100K miles as this thing has been bullet proof and hasn't needed anything. I know she'll want another when she's ready as the ride is great and that Meridian sound system is fantastic. If you aren't on a budget, look at the Overfinch. Sweet rides but you're going to pay.

J

Ra
My wife currently has a X5 M-Sport that we leased in 2018. First and Last lease by the way! My wife loves BMWs, I use to love them, but I feel they have cheapened the entire product line. I use to have an older 550, and that car felt solid and well put together. My wifes's X5 feels cheap inside, and does not handle like they use too. Any suggestions? We drove the Cayenne, and I loved it. New Genesis is ok, but Hyundai missed the mark a bit. She likes the look of the new MDX Type-S. Any suggestions? She is not a car nut like me, so high horsepower Track hawks are out of the question!

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back