LKA Lane Keep Assist

ER3

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford Raptor 2017
Good morning. I was wondering if my issue with my LKA is just related to me or a problem in general for the TRX. This has been an issue since day 1. The LKA system will detect the lane markings on the road and turn green but if you release the steering wheel it tries for about a second or two to keep the truck centered and then it gives up and goes white again so you have to take control. It keep be even in a straight road.

Could someone confirm if this is the same scenario in there trucks or do I have to get mine checked?

I am going to install Comma AI openpilot but figured I better address this issue or question first.

RobR651

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Ram 1500
I do not believe it’s designed like you’re hoping it is. it’s not an auto pilot type feature it’s just designed to remind you to keep in your lane. I don’t have it so I can’t give any real insight, but I know the majority of the guys that do have it have deactivated it because it’s not very helpful.

wc351

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 Focus RS
Current Ride #2
21 Hydro TRX
Good morning. I was wondering if my issue with my LKA is just related to me or a problem in general for the TRX. This has been an issue since day 1. The LKA system will detect the lane markings on the road and turn green but if you release the steering wheel it tries for about a second or two to keep the truck centered and then it gives up and goes white again so you have to take control. It keep be even in a straight road.

Could someone confirm if this is the same scenario in there trucks or do I have to get mine checked?

I am going to install Comma AI openpilot but figured I better address this issue or question first.
I tried to run it some on my road trip but it was just way to frustrating with how it tried to keep the truck in the lane. I am curious on the Comma AI though.

RobR651

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Ram 1500
From FCA:
When operating conditions have been met, the
LaneSense system will monitor if the driver’s hands are on
the steering wheel and provides an audible and visual
warning to the driver when the driver’s hands are not
detected on the steering wheel. The system will cancel if
the driver does not return their hands to the wheel

SorbSRT

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 Jeep JTR LE, 2018 JEEP JLR
Military
USCG
It just bounces between the lines until is doesn’t. To me it’s annoying especially when trying to merge lanes at speed but if on a really, really straight road, it Lane Kinda Assists.

cowgomoo

TRX Fan
Reaction score
It just bounces between the lines until is doesn’t. To me it’s annoying especially when trying to merge lanes at speed but if on a really, really straight road, it Lane Kinda Assists.
This sums it up. It’s good if I’m tired and want to be a little more safe.

Attydude

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
I don’t like that feature in any vehicle so I just turn it off.

OnTheReel

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
I’ve found that lane keep assist can be a little too “busy” given the width of the TRX. You don’t have a lot of margin on either side before it starts to correct.

Other vehicles I’ve owned, you could let go of the wheel and it would ping-pong you back and forth in the lane for awhile before it finally yelled at you. Doesn’t seem to be the case with the Ram.

RobsTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2016 supercharged Silverado
I have lane assist in my Mercedes and that combined with ACC in traffic is amazing. I can be almost hands free and go threw emails.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton