Larger Fuel Tank for RAM TRX

Manea

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Chevy Suburban 2020
With high power engine it make sense that existing 33 Gal Fuel tank is too small for comfortable long ride. One modifications that is expected in the future models by RAM in 2022 onward would be a fuel tank of 38 gal or more.

Toyota Tundra used to come with 33 gal tank and later upgraded thier truck specs with 38 gal tanks.

With guessings and expectations the fuel economy number would be in the range 12 to 15 MPG city !! Let us see

I have installed Titan auxiliary fuel tanks on 3500 Rams before and they seem to be very good quality and are essentially the same size or larger than factory tank and fit where the spare tire goes. Definitely recommend. I also used to own a Powerwagon with th 5.7 Hemi and I averaged around 9mpg city and 13 hwy for the record. I would be happy if the TRX could even hit 16mpg hwy.

I have installed Titan auxiliary fuel tanks on 3500 Rams before and they seem to be very good quality and are essentially the same size or larger than factory tank and fit where the spare tire goes. Definitely recommend. I also used to own a Powerwagon with th 5.7 Hemi and I averaged around 9mpg city and 13 hwy for the record. I would be happy if the TRX could even hit 16mpg hwy.
It will not get 16 mpg. As everyone that owned a Hellcat powered car know, if you never step on the gas then you may get reasonable consumption, but you will end up stepping on it quite a lot as it is just to much fun....

Oh I don't expect it, I would just be happy if it was possible with normal driving. I know it won't be tho. But, no one buys a Hemi for mpg.

It make sense that TRX has same 6.4L engine of power wagon .. so if we hit the same it would be fine.

Anyone interested in trying to get a group buy together from this company from australia. They make 50 gallon replacement as well as 32 gallon aux that goes in place of spare tire.

Here is a good video overview, around 12 min

This is and additional spare tank installed in place of spare tire. I would like to see a larger tank to replace stock at same allocated spot.

This is and additional spare tank installed in place of spare tire. I would like to see a larger tank to replace stock at same allocated spot.
My first sentence
There is a 200l (50 gallon) replacement tank for original tank

I guess my interest in the brown one vs titan is the durability. They run their stuff hard in Australia and it’s meant for off-road where on the other hand the titan looks plastic and made not hold up under tough off road situations. At least for what I plan to do.

Additional might be the way to go. I have a few customers that linked Chevy prerunner trucks and the aftermarket DOT approved tanks always throw an EVAP code. Could just be a Chevy thing but I'd be hesitant to mess with it.

A larger fuel tank is no brainer to all ... FCA should look into this as a first improvement before they actual start commercial production of the TRX.

With high power engine it make sense that existing 33 Gal Fuel tank is too small for comfortable long ride. One modifications that is expected in the future models by RAM in 2022 onward would be a fuel tank of 38 gal or more.

Toyota Tundra used to come with 33 gal tank and later upgraded thier truck specs with 38 gal tanks.
The 38 gal is optional on the Tundra, and can be a bit pricy since they force you into higher trims packages to get it.
38 gal is std on LTD and Platinum
The standard tank is 26.4 gal through SR5 trim with the SR5 having the 38 gal as pkg contented option.
Never heard of the 33 gal . Toyota has a crazy reserve programing in their trucks that trips the fuel light and computer will show 0 mile range when there is still 5-6 gal in the tank. Not ideal way to make use of a 38 gal capacity if the truck tells you your completely out of gas at 32-33 gallons used.

To your point I too would love to see a 40+ gal tank optional on the RAMs.
I suspect it will likely have to be an aftermarket solution.

At least it better then a Chevy 26 gal tank with no larger tank option.

I think Ram did come up with a larger optional tank size on the RAM HD trucks, but I think you have to be looking at the Mega cab or crew cab with 8ft long bed to get it, I suspect it is limited to those two models, since those two configurations are on the same long wheelbase.

It make sense that TRX has same 6.4L engine of power wagon .. so if we hit the same it would be fine.
:rolleyes: :unsure: WOW
Don't get me wrong a 700 horse Power Wagon would be awesome!!

Last edited:
I am very interested in upgrading the fuel capacity
I reached out to the company that Installed but they couldn't help me get a lead on getting the tank here to the US. I also emailed brown Davis but never got a reply. I'm wondering if Titan tanks has one that may work

Back