Koons buying/ delivery experience... a live thread of the experience

Mines sitting in Jessup as well. Lets hope we all have a good week lol. Are you guys financing there or through a CU?
I couldn't get an interest rate below 6.5% there or at a local CU so I brought a certified check for the whole thing. I would rather have the loan at a good rate though.

For trade they were offering me 5k less than what local dealerships were offering.

Well, dealerships look at the the total "deal".

Your local dealer could could offer 5k more on trade because I'm assuming they were selling for more than 5k over Koons or wherever you bought?

From what some local dealers tell me, the "Big 5" on here (that sell around 10k under msrp) are cutting close to the bone. So I guess it's understandable they are not going to be tops in trade. But yes, 5k is a lot. But so is selling for 10k less.

Your local dealer could could offer 5k more on trade because I'm assuming they were selling for more than 5k over Koons or wherever you bought?

From what some local dealers tell me, the "Big 5" on here (that sell around 10k under msrp) are cutting close to the bone. So I guess it's understandable they are not going to be tops in trade. But yes, 5k is a lot. But so is selling for 10k less.
It's my understanding the volume dealerships make very little on each individual sale. Apparently Stellantis has volume incentives that when you hit certain numbers of total sales then you get big payments. So I'm told they make their money by hitting those sales numbers and getting those incentive payments. I have no first hand info though.

Like I've said before, Granger offered me the best trade in value by far on the 20 PowerWagon I traded in on my 392 and they didn't list it for a whole lot more than they gave me for it in trade so I don't think that theory is correct at least with regards to Granger, maybe Koons is padding their profit on the back end, maybe not.

Like I've said before, Granger offered me the best trade in value by far on the 20 PowerWagon I traded in on my 392 and they didn't list it for a whole lot more than they gave me for it in trade so I don't think that theory is correct at least with regards to Granger, maybe Koons is padding their profit on the back end, maybe not.
you traded at the peak of the used car market valuation. Hence the reason i asked if you had a trade for the TRX. Was wondering what they offer now

you traded at the peak of the used car market valuation. Hence the reason i asked if you had a trade for the TRX. Was wondering what they offer now
Yeah I know and very glad I did even though I was without a truck (didn't think it would be for 6 months though :oops:)

Just want to give a shout out to Martha at Koons. I was feeling the burn to sell my 21 Raptor before the used car market gets back to normal, and after getting offers from a few other dealers, I called Craig at Koons. They honored their original offer back when I ordered a 23 TRX in October (3k higher than any current offer I had) and Martha was wonderful helping me with the paperwork and giving me a ride home. Super easy, and now I have cash on hand for my 23 when it comes in. I've always been a Ford guy, but the customer service at Koons so far absolutely dominates the local Ford dealers I went to when I had my Raptor.

I picked mine up today from Koons. My truck got there on Thursday and they did a good job getting me scheduled quickly. Great experience. I think I was with Brian and Donavan. No pressure to finance or get the warranty. Took me about 90 minutes to get in and out. Getting a 2023 at the 2022 price protection plus the $10K discount is a steal considering that they will jack up prices shortly since this is the last year for the V8.

Last edited:
I picked mine up today from Koons. My truck got there on Thursday and they did a good job getting me scheduled quickly. Great experience. I think I was with Brian and Donavan. No pressure to finance or get the warranty. Took me about 90 minutes to get in and out. Getting a 2023 at the 2022 price protection plus the $10K discount is a steal considering that they will jack up prices shortly since this is the last year for the V8.
Congratulations. I'm scheduled for Monday at 1:00 with a service appointment at 2:00 to install my powered running boards and new black skid plate (lower bumper). I'm hoping they get both done by Monday night so we can head out on Tuesday morning.

Congratulations. I'm scheduled for Monday at 1:00 with a service appointment at 2:00 to install my powered running boards and new black skid plate (lower bumper). I'm hoping they get both done by Monday night so we can head out on Tuesday morning.
Koons is doing the Mopar boards for you? I asked Craig about that when I placed my order, but he said he didn't think Koons would do it. I know he doesn't work in the service dept but...

If you have a POC for that it would be appreciated! I want to have everything prepped ahead of time so I can pick the truck up and roll out.

Koons is doing the Mopar boards for you? I asked Craig about that when I placed my order, but he said he didn't think Koons would do it. I know he doesn't work in the service dept but...

If you have a POC for that it would be appreciated! I want to have everything prepped ahead of time so I can pick the truck up and roll out.
They won't touch it until after the purchase is complete.

For those that have picked up their vehicles already and paid cash, did you write a personal check, or get a cashiers check? The last email I got from @Koons_of_Tysons_Corner said they accepted personal checks (which makes sense since they run your credit to QC). I am supposed to go pick up tomorrow, but have not been able to get in touch with the finance manager...just wanted to see if anyone had any issues they could speak to. TIA.

For those that have picked up their vehicles already and paid cash, did you write a personal check, or get a cashiers check? The last email I got from @Koons_of_Tysons_Corner said they accepted personal checks (which makes sense since they run your credit to QC). I am supposed to go pick up tomorrow, but have not been able to get in touch with the finance manager...just wanted to see if anyone had any issues they could speak to. TIA.
They accepted a personal check from me after the credit check

I took a bank check today. Sales gave me the total. Email them and they can give you the total. Was in and out of finance in 20 minutes. I had a 1:00PM with Sales and a 2:00PM with service to install powered running boards and black lower bumper. I had the vehicle in service at 2:00 and am hoping to be out of here early tomorrow morning and headed back to Orlando.

I had wanted to have everything completed prior to arriving, but the email I got when the vehicle arrived said that process takes 5 to 7 days, which I didn’t have logistically. I preordered all the parts and had them waiting for me. After signing paperwork, the truck went straight into service. I had a 1:00PM with sales/finance and a 2:00PM with service. We are staying overnight and hoping the truck is done so we can head out first thing in the AM. Service department is open until 9:00PM.

I took a bank check today. Sales gave me the total. Email them and they can give you the total. Was in and out of finance in 20 minutes. I had a 1:00PM with Sales and a 2:00PM with service to install powered running boards and black lower bumper. I had the vehicle in service at 2:00 and am hoping to be out of here early tomorrow morning and headed back to Orlando.
I've sent multiple emails and left multiple voicemails...crickets. I'm hopeful things go smoothly tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes, please. I’m planning on going Thursday. I just filled out the finance application and am writing a personal check.
Quick update:
After leaving a voicemail ~1700 and emailing again, I received an email back confirming my appointment. A finance manager called around 1900 to confirm a personal check would be acceptable, but for some reason could not confirm the amount I owed. My gut tells me they were about to close and he was too lazy to go get the info.

First impression is not great, but I am quick to judge when it cokes to dealerships. I'll check back in with and update later today.

Last edited:

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back