Koons buying/ delivery experience... a live thread of the experience

Li8625

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 X7 M60i, 2018 GLS63
Awesome! thanks guys, It looks like it'll be a nice day trip for me!

Joey D

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 trx
Got our 392 finally from them. Overall satisfied with them. They are a large volume machine. Basically went in there expecting that. Im just another number. Asked for Mike in finance. He was easy and not pushy. Craig did the sales part. Did paperwork remotely after they said we had to ship it to do it remotely. Few pdi issues and spots they missed and quart low on oil and fuses had to be seated as expected. Overall tho I would use them again.

SmilesperGallon

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 TRX
Just picked my 23 up yesterday and I was hesitant about any problems that would magically pop up in financing but honestly it was a super easy and fast experience. Came with check in hand and they gave me 0 problems about anything and I was out of there as fast as I walked in outside of general waiting around. Adam was my sales rep and Daijona did my paperwork, I highly recommend both of them.
1674394752801.png

Sinister4

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
I think it helps a ton to always go in check/cash in hand, When I bought my last car (CTSV) I called a week or so before and told them Im flying in with the check, how much is the total? As im only bringing one check, kind of laughed and said Should I keep the return flight too ?? lol......in and out in about a hour no issues....Bellingham washington dealer btw

steve11ca

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins
Current Ride #2
Lucid Air GT (the anti-TRX)
Just picked my 23 up yesterday and I was hesitant about any problems that would magically pop up in financing but honestly it was a super easy and fast experience. Came with check in hand and they gave me 0 problems about anything and I was out of there as fast as I walked in outside of general waiting around. Adam was my sales rep and Daijona did my paperwork, I highly recommend both of them.
View attachment 86325
I was going to reach out today to see if you got the truck. Congratulations. I’m still waiting for the call that the truck has finally arrived from the rail yard. Did you see any others getting ready for delivery?

Sinister4

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Its also interesting to note in Buying really high end cars there has been ZERO bullshit, and not one word of finance unless you ask heres the price, in, pay out done deal like buying a pair of pants at a store (cept for paperwork) They know not to waste any of the buyers time unlike "normal" car dealers

SmilesperGallon

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 TRX
I was going to reach out today to see if you got the truck. Congratulations. I’m still waiting for the call that the truck has finally arrived from the rail yard. Did you see any others getting ready for delivery?
I saw two black ones but shocked I didn't see anymore on the lot. They have a lot of inventory tho. I was checking my email every hour and the one time i didn't it popped up lol.

steve11ca

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins
Current Ride #2
Lucid Air GT (the anti-TRX)
I saw two black ones but shocked I didn't see anymore on the lot. They have a lot of inventory tho. I was checking my email every hour and the one time i didn't it popped up lol.
Thanks. Still waiting for that email. I ordered powered running boards and tomorrow I’m ordering a black skid plate. I want it all installed before I come. Hoping for no later than next Sunday.

RageWhite

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2011 Ford F-150
Military
USAF
Thanks. Still waiting for that email. I ordered powered running boards and tomorrow I’m ordering a black skid plate. I want it all installed before I come. Hoping for no later than next Sunday.
Hoping for mine this week as well!

It's literally across town.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230122_113532_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230122_113532_Gmail.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 32

Corso923

TRX Fiend
TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 TRX
Current Ride #2
20 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited X
They don’t keep them on the lot. When I picked mine up last year and said I was surprised there was only 4 there my salesman told me those were being picked up by customers that day and now Koons stores them in a garage/warehouse not far from the dealership after they experienced theft. I think I remember him saying they even hired an armed guard there too at the building.

702sch

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 ram 1500 big horn
They don’t keep them on the lot. When I picked mine up last year and said I was surprised there was only 4 there my salesman told me those were being picked up by customers that day and now Koons stores them in a garage/warehouse not far from the dealership after they experienced theft. I think I remember him saying they even hired an armed guard there too at the building.
Even in 2019 when i bought my 2019 srt jeep from them they were keeping those in a secured parking garage.

dspinner

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota Land Cruiser
Just picked up my 2023 from Koons. It was a great experience. They didn't pressure me to use their financing or buy extended policies. We had some brief discussions but I declined. They couldn't match Carvana for my trade in but not a big deal, Carvana comes to pick up the car from the driveway. Appointment to pick up the truck was set a few days in advance and I came with certified check in hand. Whole process from when I walked in to driving off the lot was about 1 hour. They were aware of the forum check list and said they go through many of these items. If something comes up I'll post about it. I drove straight to an IGLA certified installer 30 minutes away (Mike 3013565691). Got that installed before making the drive home to NY. No issues at all with Koons. I'd recommend them to others going forward.

Attachments

• 20230122_132814.jpg
    20230122_132814.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 32

702sch

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 ram 1500 big horn
Just picked up my 2023 from Koons. It was a great experience. They didn't pressure me to use their financing or buy extended policies. We had some brief discussions but I declined. They couldn't match Carvana for my trade in but not a big deal, Carvana comes to pick up the car from the driveway. Appointment to pick up the truck was set a few days in advance and I came with certified check in hand. Whole process from when I walked in to driving off the lot was about 1 hour. They were aware of the forum check list and said they go through many of these items. If something comes up I'll post about it. I drove straight to an IGLA certified installer 30 minutes away (Mike 3013565691). Got that installed before making the drive home to NY. No issues at all with Koons. I'd recommend them to others going forward.
What were you going to trade in if they met the price? How far off were they from carvana?

Nasastang

TRX Member
Reaction score
Mines sitting in Jessup as well. Lets hope we all have a good week lol. Are you guys financing there or through a CU?

RageWhite

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2011 Ford F-150
Military
USAF
Mines sitting in Jessup as well. Lets hope we all have a good week lol. Are you guys financing there or through a CU?
Decided not to finance based on interest rates jumping...6-9 months ago may have been a different story.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping