DEAL Koons $10,000 off MSRP on TRX

Phillytrx

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 trackhawk
It's a compilation of egregious and/or common problems new owners have experienced.
Lol, I think he knows that. He’s been here a lot longer than you. That list is old and there isn’t a dealer on here that goes through that list. They may tell you they do but they check what ram tells them to check. There were a lot of issues with some 21 builds but they’ve mostly been addressed. The issue now is Uconnect 5 .

Rawwr

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 Challenger SRT 392
Lol, I think he knows that. He’s been here a lot longer than you. That list is old and there isn’t a dealer on here that goes through that list. They may tell you they do but they check what ram tells them to check. There were a lot of issues with some 21 builds but they’ve mostly been addressed. The issue now is Uconnect 5 .
Woosh! That went over my head 😅
It's good to hear that they have ironed out the old issues, but it still seems that their QC could use some TLC.

Daniel J

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Corvette Stingray 3LT
Military
Navy
Just ordered mine via Craig at Koons also. Super helpful and fast. Ordered on Thursday, 18 Nov, and when I checked yesterday (Monday 22 Nov) I was already at D with a VIN! Hopefully that's not a setup for the interminable D1. lol

Given Dodge's announcement yesterday that 2023 will be the last year for the Hellcat (granted not totally clear if that is just the Challenger and Charger, or if it is all Hellcat motors), our orders seem awful prescient!

naamanf

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 Raptor
Military
US Army
Just ordered mine via Craig at Koons also. Super helpful and fast. Ordered on Thursday, 18 Nov, and when I checked yesterday (Monday 22 Nov) I was already at D with a VIN! Hopefully that's not a setup for the interminable D1. lol

Given Dodge's announcement yesterday that 2023 will be the last year for the Hellcat (granted not totally clear if that is just the Challenger and Charger, or if it is all Hellcat motors), our orders seem awful prescient!
Ordered yesterday, and have a VIN today! I expect that to be the only thing that happens fast.

Last edited:

KJY_62SC

Landscaper
Reaction score
Current Ride
‘22 TRX LVL2 (on order) Current: ‘19 F250
This forum does not help with anxiety while waiting. I trolled the hell out of this forum more than I would like to admit...especially BBB's daily updates in the beginning of the year. The obsession was stupid...but real. The wait sucks, but just plan on it being 4-5 months and if it comes sooner, than take the W.
And definitely don't think you're going to see your name on BBB's posts until you hit D1 status. Lots of people stuck in D status think they're going to magically see their names pop up..

OP
Koons_of_Tysons_Corner
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Have you had any of your October or November orders go D1 yet?
Yes we have had orders go into D1. I've seen too many cars go from D to D1 and back to D status so I'd prefer at this point to wait until they take the next step to feel secure about any sort of timeline.

Claasicdrive

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
BMW M6
Military
USAF
Yes we have had orders go into D1. I've seen too many cars go from D to D1 and back to D status so I'd prefer at this point to wait until they take the next step to feel secure about any sort of timeline.
Once it goes to D1 , manufacturer also provides a build date/shipping date. Did the D1's that reverted to D have had build/shipping dates in the system as well?

TRX Member
Reaction score
Military
USMC/USA
Koons apparently wanting $2,000 deposit for 2022 TRX order now? Anyone know if this is true and if so, why?

TRX Member
Reaction score
Military
USMC/USA
A guy at work was trying to get the order sorted-out with Koons about color choice and original deal was $1000 non-refundable deposit. Emailed back a couple days ago and wad told GM changed non-refundable deposit to $2000. Guy went with Granger for $1000 deposit and essentially the same discount, so I understand. Probably no difference in the long run, unless customer didn’t go through with the deal…forfeiting 2K vs 1K.

Claasicdrive

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
BMW M6
Military
USAF
A guy at work was trying to get the order sorted-out with Koons about color choice and original deal was $1000 non-refundable deposit. Emailed back a couple days ago and wad told GM changed non-refundable deposit to $2000. Guy went with Granger for $1000 deposit and essentially the same discount, so I understand. Probably no difference in the long run, unless customer didn’t go through with the deal…forfeiting 2K vs 1K.
Deposit goes towards the price of the car so 2k or 5k deposit is still same discount.

TRX Member
Reaction score
Military
USMC/USA
Deposit goes towards the price of the car so 2k or 5k deposit is still same discount.
One dealer was offering 10K below MSRP but had higher processing fee…the other dealer had 9K below MSRP but lower processing fee. Hence, discount for the deal was about the same, irrespective of deposit. I meant to emphasize that the 2x deposit represented a greater potential loss if he didn’t go through with the deal for whatever reason.

OP
Koons_of_Tysons_Corner
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Openly, there are concerns that people are ordering just to flip the truck once they buy it. If that's the case and anything happens to the market between now and the time these TRX's come in we want to make sure we are selling it to those who originally ordered the vehicle. We are ordering them on the premise that they will be driven and kept by the owner for a period of time. The only people who will have a tendency to shy away are those who are looking to flip it and make an immediate profit. That's not what we are doing this for. We are offering a discount to those who want and love this truck not those who are looking to make money off of our discount.

beerformeplz

TRX Member
Reaction score
Openly, there are concerns that people are ordering just to flip the truck once they buy it. If that's the case and anything happens to the market between now and the time these TRX's come in we want to make sure we are selling it to those who originally ordered the vehicle. We are ordering them on the premise that they will be driven and kept by the owner for a period of time. The only people who will have a tendency to shy away are those who are looking to flip it and make an immediate profit. That's not what we are doing this for. We are offering a discount to those who want and love this truck not those who are looking to make money off of our discount.
Cant wait for mine to come in. Was in paint status yesterday so should be soon! But I didnt mind the deposit if it was 1k or 5k I was still buying as they're 2 hours from me and I plan to keep the truck.

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton