Kill Switch Did Its Job, But……

Jesus could come and take your TRX, and I swear the first comment would be “DID YOU HAVE IGLA”
Thieves are real and yes you can rip a compustar system out but you already have the horn and siren going off and the new mopar pts relay cuts power to the pts until you unarm it with the compustar remote. You can also rip out a ravelco, fairly easy actually and reconnect a couple wires. You are not ripping out an IGLA 👌

Bear with me here. Igla is 4 wires (unless drone or extra crap added).

It does nothing when it's disconnected. Why can you not rip out an igla if you know where it is?????
Because IGLA.

@Air’d outSRT Am prior LE, and can say yes I know thieves are real. At the end of the day this debate doesn’t matter, the fact is that with these specific thefts, not talking about Kia usb cables (what a piece of shit) or anything else, they take these cars in 30 seconds or so. No one sits there after breaking in the back window, and is doing an analysis whether you have an IGLA, Ravelco, drone, whatever if it’s hidden. They connect, program, disable uconnect, If the car starts they are off, if not, they may spend a moment or two looking to figure it out but 9/10 times the environment doesn’t provoke that time for investigation. They look into all this shit later, or not depending how close you live to the port from reports that I’ve looked over, seems to revolve around distance to the nearest port, as to whether they stop for a cool off period to park it, to strip any security or just go.

There’s a reason they keep doing it, it’s easy, quick and the police depts are neutered by their city of liberal politicians. One of these days, they’ll mess with the wrong car with an owner who will be armed and take care of it.

Last edited:

It does nothing when it's disconnected. Why can you not rip out an igla if you know where it is?????
Apparently it's like finding a needle in a stack of needles while blindfolded. IGLA is like the new Chuck Norris joke. You don't find IGLA, it finds you.

Here's a good GPS tracker. Get it with the external battery and case. Battery life last for months.

The GL300 is good.

Thieves are real and yes you can rip a compustar system out but you already have the horn and siren going off and the new mopar pts relay cuts power to the pts until you unarm it with the compustar remote. You can also rip out a ravelco, fairly easy actually and reconnect a couple wires. You are not ripping out an IGLA 👌

Are you saying using compustar the OBD port is powered off when the alarm is active? Or is PTS a Dodge specific part. Sorry but this thread is the most comprehensive source of information for security features for vehicles but I do not own a Dodge.

Are you saying using compustar the OBD port is powered off when the alarm is active? Or is PTS a Dodge specific part. Sorry but this thread is the most comprehensive source of information for security features for vehicles but I do not own a Dodge.
Definitions:
Compustar = hardwired proper alarm system, T13 being the best and most popular, has a 2way remote.

Drone (X1 or X1 MAX LTE) - LTE/GPS Tracking and sensor companion, can be used with compustar or without, generally added to compustar for remote lock/unlock/alarm and tracking. Made by the same company as compustar. MAX has the built in shock/break sensor/tilt sensor as well as battery backup, the regular one does not. Generally they install the regular X1 with a compustar since if you buy it correctly the compustar comes with all the sensors already.

Ravelco - hardwired anti theft device, 16 pin device, with traps (fake pins/wires) for those that think its "easy to remove and install". wires are protected in a steel shroud, and the installers usually hide/tasa tape it so it blends in. You remove a plug and the car wont start. most people have no idea what it is.

IGLA - installed anti theft device, manipulates the CAN/LIN BUS circuitry to block engine starts. Uses a "Pin" or a fob to "disarm". Also blocks key programming if setup.

PTS - power to starter, usually added to the compustar as it manipulates this relay. Eitherway the compustar is an immobilizer. Its not dodge specific. You can get similar technology on a remote by itself - https://www.mobilistics.com/nostart...relay-w-remote-starter-fuel-pump-immobilizer/

Most of the tracking devices are expensive - 30-50$ a month. Drone's premium plan is $120 a year and their app is very good. If you want the breadcrumbing (like a trail of where your car went, and more geofencing/speeding alerts etc, it goes up to $500.

Last edited:
Definitions:
Compustar = hardwired proper alarm system, T13 being the best and most popular, has a 2way remote.

Drone (X1 or X1 MAX LTE) - LTE/GPS Tracking and sensor companion, can be used with compustar or without, generally added to compustar for remote lock/unlock/alarm and tracking. Made by the same company as compustar. MAX has the built in shock/break sensor/tilt sensor as well as battery backup, the regular one does not. Generally they install the regular X1 with a compustar since if you buy it correctly the compustar comes with all the sensors already.

Ravelco - hardwired anti theft device, 16 pin device, with traps (fake pins/wires) for those that think its "easy to remove and install". wires are protected in a steel shroud, and the installers usually hide/tasa tape it so it blends in. You remove a plug and the car wont start. most people have no idea what it is.

IGLA - installed anti theft device, manipulates the CAN/LIN BUS circuitry to block engine starts. Uses a "Pin" or a fob to "disarm". Also blocks key programming if setup.

PTS - power to starter, usually added to the compustar as it manipulates this relay. Eitherway the compustar is an immobilizer. Its not dodge specific. You can get similar technology on a remote by itself - https://www.mobilistics.com/nostart...relay-w-remote-starter-fuel-pump-immobilizer/

Most of the tracking devices are expensive - 30-50$ a month. Drone's premium plan is $120 a year and their app is very good. If you want the breadcrumbing (like a trail of where your car went, and more geofencing/speeding alerts etc, it goes up to $500.

Wonder if there would there be anyway for you to kill the fuel pump remotely from the Drone or Compustar? I know the Trackmate T11 you can remotely kill both the starter and fuel from the app or website portal.

I know the levels of security with the Compustar/Drone/Igla are already there in the sense of starter and transmission lock (as well as the notification alerts to be more proactive), however, in the event that your car DOES get stolen the ability for you to kill the fuel pump would at least give you the benefit of stopping the thieves in their tracks instead of waiting 5 hours for the cops to come and say sorry that you car was stolen as you watch it drive all around town.

It's a backup to a backup to a backup but I personally would want that capability.

Wonder if there would there be anyway for you to kill the fuel pump remotely from the Drone or Compustar? I know the Trackmate T11 you can remotely kill both the starter and fuel from the app or website portal.

I know the levels of security with the Compustar/Drone/Igla are already there in the sense of starter and transmission lock (as well as the notification alerts to be more proactive), however, in the event that your car DOES get stolen the ability for you to kill the fuel pump would at least give you the benefit of stopping the thieves in their tracks instead of waiting 5 hours for the cops to come and say sorry that you car was stolen as you watch it drive all around town.

It's a backup to a backup to a backup but I personally would want that capability.
remotely? not that i know of. I know LoJack used to do this, used to also interact with police MDT's (laptops) that they could integrate with, although that system is shit these days and no one uses it.

7/10 times the owners are self-retrieving their stolen assets, since 8/10 of stolen occurs in cities or surrounding city area, and we know what happens in cities.

remotely? not that i know of. I know LoJack used to do this, used to also interact with police MDT's (laptops) that they could integrate with, although that system is shit these days and no one uses it.

7/10 times the owners are self-retrieving their stolen assets, since 8/10 of stolen occurs in cities or surrounding city area, and we know what happens in cities.
Here is something I found.

If I go with the compustar I could actually get (1) of the (2) aux outputs to be in series with the fuel pump and via the FOB or Dronemobile I can operate that output to open the circuit and cut the fuel to the car. Could have it setup for a "in case of emergency" that at least allows you to put the stops on your car.

Here is something I found.

If I go with the compustar I could actually get (1) of the (2) aux outputs to be in series with the fuel pump and via the FOB or Dronemobile I can operate that output to open the circuit and cut the fuel to the car. Could have it setup for a "in case of emergency" that at least allows you to put the stops on your car.
ah yes i suppose you could via the aux.

And how would a thief know where it is?

We don’t power the compustar or anything else security wise off the obd plus or the wires to it. PTS is push to start, all keyless push button vehicles have them but this new relay harness setup is for select mopars only and shuts off the pts button until you unarm with the compustar fob and then it times out and shuts off again if its not pressed in time

Update: the dealer replaced a couple fuses, reprogrammed the keys, and the truck started right up. Safe to say that this is the last time that truck stays in houston.

If it wasn’t for the trash DA’s and neutered police departments, it would be so easy to catch these bastards. Just simply park a brand new hellcat and TRX or two at the airport parking garages, have a ton of officers hiding in cars nearby, wait not even an hour, and boom, problem solved.

Update: the dealer replaced a couple fuses, reprogrammed the keys, and the truck started right up. Safe to say that this is the last time that truck stays in houston.

If it wasn’t for the trash DA’s and neutered police departments, it would be so easy to catch these bastards. Just simply park a brand new hellcat and TRX or two at the airport parking garages, have a ton of officers hiding in cars nearby, wait not even an hour, and boom, problem solved.
Glad to hear on the fix

Definitions:

Thanks for these list an explanation, it’s an overwhelming subject for sure.

Back