LordOfTheWings

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Military
USMC
Hi all,
I’m baby-sitting my brother’s 2022 TRX while he’s deployed. His previous one was stolen in Houston, so he got a kill switch installed in the replacement, which did its job and prevented it from disappearing.
The thieves smashed out the rear center window, and the rear passenger window was lowered slightly when I found the truck. The fuse box cover in the engine compartment is missing, but it doesn’t seem like there’s any other damage. I didn’t receive a single alert from the UConnect app, so I don’t think the alarm ever went off.
Safe to say the kill switch did its job and stopped the theft, but now I can’t start the truck. Remote start through the key and uconnnect app doesn’t work either. Preferably I’d get it towed and let a dealer troubleshoot this but the truck is parked in a parking garage and trying to get a tow has been a pain in the butt, so I’d like to get it started and drive it to the dealer myself.
The shop that installed the switch thinks the thieves may have wiped the key data, but the keys still lock and unlock the truck (or is that separate from ignition and therefore unaffected?).

Unfortunately you wont be driving that truck anywhere, the thieves deleted your old fobs and programmed a new one. You need to have a mobile locksmith come and reprogram your original fobs back to the truck and you'll be good to go! I see you were editing your post while I was typing mine. They may have messed with other things in the truck. Your fobs should not work at all if they deleted your and programed a new one.

Jeez another one in Houston. To bad when they opened the fuse box, it didn’t spray napalm onto them.

So tired of reading this. Tell your brother to get a drone mobile X1 Max (has the shock and window sensor built in) and get the obd harness cable and install it, this way you’ll be notified. Like others have said, when they program the keys they usually delete the real fobs from the database, so you’ll need to get a mobile locksmith by if you want to drive it yourself.

Jeez another one in Houston. To bad when they opened the fuse box, it didn’t spray napalm onto them.

So tired of reading this. Tell your brother to get a drone mobile X1 Max (has the shock and window sensor built in) and get the obd harness cable and install it, this way you’ll be notified. Like others have said, when they program the keys they usually delete the real fobs from the database, so you’ll need to get a mobile locksmith by if you want to drive it yourself.
Drone X1 Max + OBD Harness gives you all notification events of your vehicle? Seems like a cheaper alternative than the Compustars T13 or so.

so you saved the truck but have tons of expenses? isnt a deductible like 500 or less and you get a new truck?

so you saved the truck but have tons of expenses? isnt a deductible like 500 or less and you get a new truck?
What if there isn't a new truck to get? (like when 23 orders closed and no one was sure 24 ordering would open?)

It plugs into the obd? Can't they just remove it?

I'm shopping for gps trackers just don't know which one

Far less headache and preferable for me to just keep the one I have with some reasonable anti-theft measures. I know what I’m getting because I have owned and maintained it since day one. And I have also done a crap load of mods that I don’t wanna do again.

Plus, I got into the thing for low 80s. Equivalent trucks today sticker for over 100 and there’s no guarantees the 2024s are gonna have any discounts. Besides, Ram will probably delete even more standard equipment my 21 has and I’ll have to spend a week and a few hundred bucks adding that crap back in. No thanks.

Far less headache and preferable for me to just keep the one I have with some reasonable anti-theft measures. I know what I’m getting because I have owned and maintained it since day one. And I have also done a crap load of mods that I don’t wanna do again.

Plus, I got into the thing for low 80s. Equivalent trucks today sticker for over 100 and there’s no guarantees the 2024s are gonna have any discounts. Besides, Ram will probably delete even more standard equipment my 21 has and I’ll have to spend a week and a few hundred bucks adding that crap back in. No thanks.
Well said and this is why I want to keep the one I have. It is just too much hassle for something not easily replaced vs taking measures to prevent theft. No different than adding a RING system or something similar to your house, just an added layer of protection for your stuff!

Obd harness cable? Why in the world would anyone use an obd harness plug in adapter to power a tracking device?!? Unplug, throw out the window, unplug the 2 sgw connectors as well as the gps can bus connector, plug bypass cable in as well as star connector plug and delete your fobs, make a new one and drive away, total time 3 minutes. You never use the obd to power anything. Hard wire and hide it. This is why IGLA is a must. No fobs deleted, no fobs made, diagnostic plug protection out on most models and more on the way, impossible to start without your pin code you choose, auto park feature when remote started ect ect. The whole point is to park your vehicle and it be where you left it when you came back, not to go on an adventure like Dora The Explorer looking for your vehicle after its been stolen.

Yes and it will be removed immediately. Never power anything off the obd, not even power running boards

I’ve had a few different ones, when I had a T13 installed in my Trx recently (in addition to Ravelco), I swapped the regular drone sensor to the X1 Max, for the added shock and window break sensors, also has a backup battery. If you have the compustar it’s powered by the alarm, if not you can use it stand alone with the harness, I’ve put this in a few cars. The harness adds the two wires (and extras you won’t use) for the CAN Bus so you get alerts if the engine was started.

It’s be best one available imo, because the app is the most polished. Get the harness, and hide it, you’ll be good. For those folks saying “can’t they just remove it” yes but that’ll take time to pull the knee plate down, find it, cut wires and then find the sensor if you install it properly. Thieves don’t like wasting time, they almost assume there’s no protection until they are inside, then the clock ticks. To be caught, shot, whatever, (both preferable)

And the harness

If anyone buys this, get some tasa tape and wrap the harness in it so it looks factory, the obd splitter harness isn’t obvious and you can hide it well. I’d recommend it to anyone for an addl tracking device. A note on install, you need to activate the sensors and move the sensitivity up towards max, for it to initialize properly on the app side, two steps to install, use the installer site, then once done set it up on the drone app. The annual cost for the service varies depending on the level you get, premium should be good, it’s the most reasonable based on other systems I use/have used @

mc4523

Last edited:
Obd harness cable? Why in the world would anyone use an obd harness plug in adapter to power a tracking device?!? Unplug, throw out the window, unplug the 2 sgw connectors as well as the gps can bus connector, plug bypass cable in as well as star connector plug and delete your fobs, make a new one and drive away, total time 3 minutes. You never use the obd to power anything. Hard wire and hide it. This is why IGLA is a must. No fobs deleted, no fobs made, diagnostic plug protection out on most models and more on the way, impossible to start without your pin code you choose, auto park feature when remote started ect ect. The whole point is to park your vehicle and it be where you left it when you came back, not to go on an adventure like Dora The Explorer looking for your vehicle after its been stolen.
Read my reply above, you aren’t wrong but it’s not an obvious one. it’s not an end all be all, it’s extra to go along with common sense IGLA/Ravelco, and it’s not obvious. “It can be ripped out”, so can a compustar, so can anything else.

Everyone sucks off IGLA on this forum, there’s a post above the guy says the word IGLA almost 7 times in the post. 5 or 6 times per reply, and it’s great everyone’s using something whether that or ravelco, I like Ravelco better myself, but added tracking is necessary, it’s just an extra suggestion to make folks aware, not a game of what ifs. Tow the car, and hack it up for parts, none of this matters. Or meteors can come and hit your TRX and the IGLA man won’t be able to save it either.

Jesus could come and take your TRX, and I swear the first comment would be “DID YOU HAVE IGLA”

I’ve had a few different ones, when I had a T13 installed in my Trx recently (in addition to Ravelco), I swapped the regular drone sensor to the X1 Max, for the added shock and window break sensors, also has a backup battery. If you have the compustar it’s powered by the alarm, if not you can use it stand alone with the harness, I’ve put this in a few cars. The harness adds the two wires (and extras you won’t use) for the CAN Bus so you get alerts if the engine was started.

It’s be best one available imo, because the app is the most polished. Get the harness, and hide it, you’ll be good. For those folks saying “can’t they just remove it” yes but that’ll take time to pull the knee plate down, find it, cut wires and then find the sensor if you install it properly. Thieves don’t like wasting time, they almost assume there’s no protection until they are inside, then the clock ticks. To be caught, shot, whatever, (both preferable)

And the harness

If anyone buys this, get some tasa tape and wrap the harness in it so it looks factory, the obd splitter harness isn’t obvious and you can hide it well. I’d recommend it to anyone for an addl tracking device. A note on install, you need to activate the sensors and move the sensitivity up towards max, for it to initialize properly on the app side, two steps to install, use the installer site, then once done set it up on the drone app. The annual cost for the service varies depending on the level you get, premium should be good, it’s the most reasonable based on other systems I use/have used @

mc4523

So you remove the factory obd port and plug it into the harness then reconnect everything? Meaning there wont be anything plugged into the obd port that u can physically see and will be hardwired from the inside? Just looking for the basic stuff and not the T13 features

So you remove the factory obd port and plug it into the harness then reconnect everything? Meaning there wont be anything plugged into the obd port that u can physically see and will be hardwired from the inside? Just looking for the basic stuff and not the T13 features
Yep exactly. Plenty of areas to tuck and hide.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back