Just picked up TRX and its smoking when i got home

Millertime

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX Sandblast
I just picked up my TRX tonight and drove about 30 miles home. About 5 miles from home Hit the throttle at 75 percent just once. After that my heat stopped working, only cold air blowing and motor fan sounded like it was running overtime. When i pulled up there was light smoke coming from engine. It smoked for a good 10 mins. Did i damage it or just breakin? Kinda nervous on this one

I just picked up my TRX tonight and drove about 30 miles home. About 5 miles from home Hit the throttle at 75 percent just once. After that my heat stopped working, only cold air blowing and motor fan sounded like it was running overtime. When i pulled up there was light smoke coming from engine. It smoked for a good 10 mins. Did i damage it or just breakin? Kinda nervous on this one
Yeah thats not normal. Looks like you going to have a date with the dealer tomorrow

😡 shouldnt be happening

Probably just air in the coolant system. Theres a bleeder on top of the thermostat you can open up to release the air.

What color was the smoke, were any of the temp gauges spiking, what was the temperature outside, and is the coolant level or oil levels low or normal? Best to have a dealer look at it and take pics when it happens for everyone here and to show dealer incase its gone when they get it. Hopefully it is nothing or minor.

A little smoke is possible as the engine is heating up and being driven for a durations for the first time. My C8 did smoke a little and smelt the first few days I had it and was told it was normal by the dealer because the metals are heating up for the first times and any remnant coatings on them are burning off but since your heat stopped working, something seems suspect.

First of all congrats on taking delivery! What dealership did you get it from? Please keep us updated on what you find out.

yea go back in time an hour and take a pic of the cold air coming out of your vents and the smoke and post them

Welcome to the forum @Millertime

996.jpg

I lost a coolant hose/connection. Radiator fluid was all over my engine and driveway. We put distilled water in it to move it and could see the leak coming from back side of supercharger near firewall. Also included pics of my truck so you know my story is real. Dealer is telling me not to move it.

Attachments

• 680BF950-90F7-46AF-9731-48F2C2F52CC2.jpeg
    680BF950-90F7-46AF-9731-48F2C2F52CC2.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 235
  • D644288B-FCC6-44B2-81D2-E38F5FFA0570.jpeg
    D644288B-FCC6-44B2-81D2-E38F5FFA0570.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 238
  • CE567C59-F774-47EB-8731-204B1F04DABA.jpeg
    CE567C59-F774-47EB-8731-204B1F04DABA.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 1DD7CAFD-71DA-42B0-BB1A-2B4D5E282180.jpeg
    1DD7CAFD-71DA-42B0-BB1A-2B4D5E282180.jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 244
  • D24B53FD-0B16-4952-A9B3-80054400C038.jpeg
    D24B53FD-0B16-4952-A9B3-80054400C038.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 7EB72886-0699-4486-ACDD-03686D259F59.jpeg
    7EB72886-0699-4486-ACDD-03686D259F59.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 237
Meador Dodge Fort Worth is the dealer.

I lost a coolant hose/connection. Radiator fluid was all over my engine and driveway. We put distilled water in it to move it and could see the leak coming from back side of supercharger near firewall. Also included pics of my truck so you know my story is real. Dealer is telling me not to move it.

A few weeks back there was a video (that was removed) showing RAM was replacing coolant line clamps on mules to a slightly smaller size right in that area.

Congratulations on the truck. I would be fuckin pissed in your position. As others said this sounds like a coolant leak and cascading radiator failure. Maybe a bad thermostat.

what were your oil/water temps like? Did it go limp mode?

Gonna ask for a full detail, engine degrease once fixed
Until I can watch how they detail other cars I never trust the dealership detailers unless you are at a Lambo dealership

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back