Just found a potential winter tire option for our trucks...

I’m sure they are quicker.

I brought my LE up from Texas about 3 weeks ago. Hit snow in TOK and again in Glennallen. outstanding performance. Not a bit of hunting when encountering other vehicles tracks.

Its home now and we have snow that will probably stay now as it doesn't look like the temps will be getting above freezing till next year. Been on a little bit of ice and the stock tires did great. But the real test is yet to come. This will be the first truck on which I haven't put studded Nokian Hakkapeliittas. Will report back.

Got moose lights on the Rambar now, and a spare tire/wheel in the bed mount (ouch). Had to do it, I mean its the LE. ;-)

I brought my LE up from Texas about 3 weeks ago. Hit snow in TOK and again in Glennallen. outstanding performance. Not a bit of hunting when encountering other vehicles tracks.

Its home now and we have snow that will probably stay now as it doesn't look like the temps will be getting above freezing till next year. Been on a little bit of ice and the stock tires did great. But the real test is yet to come. This will be the first truck on which I haven't put studded Nokian Hakkapeliittas. Will report back.

Got moose lights on the Rambar now, and a spare tire/wheel in the bed mount (ouch). Had to do it, I mean its the LE. ;-)
Very interested to hear your experiences as winter progresses! I too have never ran a non-Hakkad vehicle up here...

That’s awesome to hear. I have to drive mine from Fairbanks to Anchorage after delivery. Muffler city said they would stud my stock tires for me when I get back home.

For what it is worth… I recently bought the winter tires/wheels for my TRX. Have put a few hundred miles on the set of studded General Grabber A/TX 325/60R20’s on both fresh snow as well as ice. So far, so good. Will see how deep snow is… should be fun.

Anyone ever hear of Arctic Claw or their WXI tires? I am a bit hesitant to run a "C list" brand, but they are the only true winter tire I've found in 35s. Open to any other suggestions as well!
/de-lurk

Long time lurker. Big fan of actual winter tires for road use. The patterns siping and groves are one thing, but the compound is tough impossible to match. That said. Seems like 35s+ are the domain of 'All terrains". Well, except one. Maybe. MB has a 22" fitment for one version of the G-wagon. It would be awesome if the tire could be found. Its a 325/55R22. That basically means its a '36'. https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/car/catalog/product/scorpion-winter/325_55-r22

Anyone find one? We might have to find a Canadian MB dealer.

WL
\re-lurk

I got the nokian hakkapeliitta lt3 275/65r20 they are like 34.4”. Or close to it. Good enough and only 275 so way skinnier

3 came last sunday and my 4th one has taken a tour of Pennsylvania and should be here today 5 days later

I got the nokian hakkapeliitta lt3 275/65r20 they are like 34.4”. Or close to it. Good enough and only 275 so way skinnier

3 came last sunday and my 4th one has taken a tour of Pennsylvania and should be here today 5 days later
This is the route I will probably be going... Hoping my truck gets here soon!

What’s the deal with chain clearance on these trucks? I don’t have mine so I can’t check.

More and more trucks and SUV’s say they do not have sufficient clearance for chains…. And some really really don’t. Not even for cables.

On some of the snow

I just got these Venom Ice Hunters in 35x12.5R18 mounted. They seem to be working well so far.
CWVPHTS01-2.png

I cant find them in that size. Thats what i would have went with. Instead i put our snow tires on the nicer 20’s that i have. And went 275/70/20 in the nokian happ lt3.

Edit. Just noticed those fuel wheels are what i have in 20’s. That’s exactly what our setup would have looked like

All upper body lol! I'm not sure if flaps exaggerate the size difference?
Seems quicker and rides pretty nice.
Did you mean 275/60-20? I don't see them coming in a 70 Side Profile?

Have you gotten these on yet? I've had them in the past on a Siera Denali and liked em...but my biggest concern is a sloppy side waall b/c they are only Q rated to 99 MPH vs. T at 118 like the OEM Wheels. Nothing worse than a vehicle w/Sloppy tires that if you need to change lanes quick or whatever, that it's all wobbly, etc.

Have you gotten these on yet? I've had them in the past on a Siera Denali and liked em...but my biggest concern is a sloppy side waall b/c they are only Q rated to 99 MPH vs. T at 118 like the OEM Wheels. Nothing worse than a vehicle w/Sloppy tires that if you need to change lanes quick or whatever, that it's all wobbly, etc.
They are mounted and waiting to go on. Luckily no snow yet. So just waiting.

Anything is better than the cooper discoverer that were on my wifes 19. Those tires were like ice skates below 50 or in any moisture. She already knows. No more launching with the snow tires on

I’m in Anchorage. The stock tires are pretty damn good in the snow/ice. Better than the 19’ Rebel I had

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back