Just bought a RAM TRX

14RAPTOR->22TRX

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX
My username says it all. Just traded in my 2014 GEN1 F150 SE Raptor (Tuxedo Black) for a 2022 TRX (Granite). I picked it up yesterday from the dealer. I previously bought my (now traded in) 14 Raptor brand new in 2014. With the expected dealer markups, I paid over sticker price. I loved it more than any previous vehicle I ever owned. At the time it was the only “extreme” truck out there. But now at 104K miles it was starting to show its age looks wise and service wise. Ideally, I would’ve kept it but only have a 2 vehicle garage and didn’t want the hassle of parking it in the driveway and blocking my other vehicles. I had that sad feeling you get when you part ways with something that you loved for a long time. It was 9 years of fun and memories that I’ll always miss.

Over the years while I had the GEN1 Raptor, I saw the GEN2 Raptors come out. But I never liked them and their V6 engines. And being a Ford guy I considered them an embarrassment for what an extreme truck should be…especially once the TRX came out in 2021. All the while Ford continued to only offer the V6 Raptor and that turned me off even more. But then I heard the V8 Raptor R was finally coming out so I had my mind set on upgrading to that. But then the release date kept getting delayed. And then once it finally was released there were huge dealer markups and people experienced order delays. Besides all that, I’m someone that likes to see, test drive, and buy in person. I’m thinking mine must be a familiar story with Raptor owners that switched to the TRX. I never hear of TRX owners switching to the Raptor. So very recently I ultimately decided to look at the TRX and I’m so glad I did. Just drove mine home last night. The photos are from yesterday evening. This is now my new all-time favorite vehicle!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 2,052
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 170
Congratulations on your awesome new rig and welcome to the family. Lots of great info and peeps here. Enjoy.

Congrats and welcome! Raptors are still badass looking trucks, I almost bought a 23 Raptor before securing my 23 TRX. Ive had 2 TRXs before this one and every time I drive, Im glad I made the decision to come back.

Your story is identical to mine. Bought a 14 Raptor new, hated the V6 on Gen2 & 3’s. Only change is I kept my Gen1 when I got my 22TRX.

Welcome!

My username says it all. Just traded in my 2014 GEN1 F150 SE Raptor (Tuxedo Black) for a 2022 TRX (Granite). I picked it up yesterday from the dealer. I previously bought my (now traded in) 14 Raptor brand new in 2014. With the expected dealer markups, I paid over sticker price. I loved it more than any previous vehicle I ever owned. At the time it was the only “extreme” truck out there. But now at 104K miles it was starting to show its age looks wise and service wise. Ideally, I would’ve kept it but only have a 2 vehicle garage and didn’t want the hassle of parking it in the driveway and blocking my other vehicles. I had that sad feeling you get when you part ways with something that you loved for a long time. It was 9 years of fun and memories that I’ll always miss.

Over the years while I had the GEN1 Raptor, I saw the GEN2 Raptors come out. But I never liked them and their V6 engines. And being a Ford guy I considered them an embarrassment for what an extreme truck should be…especially once the TRX came out in 2021. All the while Ford continued to only offer the V6 Raptor and that turned me off even more. But then I heard the V8 Raptor R was finally coming out so I had my mind set on upgrading to that. But then the release date kept getting delayed. And then once it finally was released there were huge dealer markups and people experienced order delays. Besides all that, I’m someone that likes to see, test drive, and buy in person. I’m thinking mine must be a familiar story with Raptor owners that switched to the TRX. I never hear of TRX owners switching to the Raptor. So very recently I ultimately decided to look at the TRX and I’m so glad I did. Just drove mine home last night. The photos are from yesterday evening. This is now my new all-time favorite vehicle!
Congratulations and Welcome to The TRX Family!🎉🎉🎉
There’s something special driving a TRX. Every time I get in the driver’s seat, it’s Day One with smiles all over again!😆 This woman (natural and authentic) is very blessed! Enjoy!

Congratulations on your TRX, you will love it. My story similar to yours, had a Gen1 I bought new and it was a great truck. Couldn't really warm up to the Gen2 V6 weedwacker sound but I bought one anyway (2020) figuring I would get used to it. Sold my Gen 1 to my son so still get to see it from time to time. Well the exhaust sound annoyed me even more because a big truck like the Raptor deserves a V8. So I sold it and bought the TRX a year ago. I have absolutely no regrets and still enjoy driving it everytime I get in it.

Raptors are nice trucks but the interior of the Ram is certainly nicer and the Hellcat engine is sweet. I also like the transmission in the TRX better than the 10spd. The R is nice I'm sure, but for a number of reasons I won't be a Ford customer anymore.

This is a great forum and many knowledgeable owners on here that are willing to share their experience. Also some good sponsoring vendors on here that you can get most mods from that you may be interested in doing. Your truck looks great.

My favorite color. Congrats.
Thanks! Most of my recent past vehicles including the 14 Raptor have been black. After being washed they look great but then show dirt so easily. I love how the granite can look like different colors based on the light and time of day. At times it can look like a gunmetal color and at other times almost black.

Your story is identical to mine. Bought a 14 Raptor new, hated the V6 on Gen2 & 3’s. Only change is I kept my Gen1 when I got my 22TRX.

Welcome!
With the exception of the Raptor R, in my opinion the V8 GEN1 was the best Raptor. But maybe I'm slightly biased.(y) It's great that you kept your GEN1!

Congratulations and Welcome to The TRX Family!🎉🎉🎉
There’s something special driving a TRX. Every time I get in the driver’s seat, it’s Day One with smiles all over again!😆 This woman (natural and authentic) is very blessed! Enjoy!
Agreed! I'm really loving my TRX. So glad you're enjoying yours as well!

Congratulations on your TRX, you will love it. My story similar to yours, had a Gen1 I bought new and it was a great truck. Couldn't really warm up to the Gen2 V6 weedwacker sound but I bought one anyway (2020) figuring I would get used to it. Sold my Gen 1 to my son so still get to see it from time to time. Well the exhaust sound annoyed me even more because a big truck like the Raptor deserves a V8. So I sold it and bought the TRX a year ago. I have absolutely no regrets and still enjoy driving it everytime I get in it.

Raptors are nice trucks but the interior of the Ram is certainly nicer and the Hellcat engine is sweet. I also like the transmission in the TRX better than the 10spd. The R is nice I'm sure, but for a number of reasons I won't be a Ford customer anymore.

This is a great forum and many knowledgeable owners on here that are willing to share their experience. Also some good sponsoring vendors on here that you can get most mods from that you may be interested in doing. Your truck looks great.
Thanks wac45! I feel exactly the same as you. Ford lost a lot of good customers. But the upside to the competition is that Ram dropped in the supercharger and forever changed the game for us consumers. That led the way for the TRX.

Back