Issue with Shipper

If you trust him to drive it, wouldn't you trust him to put gas in it? Or be able to tell if it needed it or not?

Guess I'm too used to vehicles without a functional fuel gauge on the dash...and in some cases also a non-working odometer.
Just because he goes to school it doesn’t make him smart. Maybe a sports scholarship. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Two
He's on his way home from college, and you're letting him drive your TRX??
He's a big Ole country boy who has been driving my hand me down trucks for 4 years now. He's just not a car guy. His nickname from his driving is grandpa hoon. If you ever get stuck behind him you'd swear you were following a senior citizen.

Anytime getting a vehicle shipped,.........NEVER, EVER use a broker.
Always go direct. I've had 2 muscle cars delivered to me from out of state in an enclosed trailer. Never an issue.

Good luck OP. Sorry to hear about this mess.

That’s crazy I had mine shipped from Michigan to California showed up with 4 miles to my driveway. Where did you find this broker ?

I have a high degree of confidence he’s with Curley, Larry, and Shemp......
Or Roy from Shipping Wars. I'm assuming that show is a good indicator of what you get when you hire a broker?

My apologies for going missing but it’s been a hectic week for me . Due to the legal situation I can’t give out names of companies but I will continue the story . Later on Thursday Nov 18 After finding out the truck has close to 800 miles I called my broker and he told me the shipping company was not allowed to drive it and he will be in contact with them but I have to be patient . I wait all day and saw that my truck moved from Illinois to around Kansas and went up to almost 1200 miles at around 11 pm here in California . I lost my mind and started calling my broker what’s going on i thought the shipper would stop driving it and he told me they did not contact him back. Finally the “driver” stops driving at around 11:30 pm here and stops at a truck stop in Missouri( ram app gave me location) . I let the broker know his location and to my surprise he tells me he lives 25 mins away from that truck stop and he that he could go out there to put a stop to this chase .(police let him know over the phone they can’t do anything unless I reported it stolen however we chose not to do that ) The broker confirmed with the police before hand that the truck is there so he made the journey up there and got the keys from the driver who he told me looked like he was new to the country and was just a new driver taking orders from the shipping company . He finally surrenders the keys and went his separate way. We assumed that the driver was instructed to bring it here to California which would have been over 3,000 miles which is even crazy to think of .The Broker let’s me know he’s contracted over 5,000 cars to be shipped in his lifetime and has never had anything close to this happen and apologizes and that the shipping will be compensated . Also he let me know know that dispatch and DOT we’ll be alerted of the shipping company so they don’t ship any one else car in the future . My broker has been in possession of my truck since then and due to Thanksgiving break I’m still waiting for it to get shipped out here .

My apologies for going missing but it’s been a hectic week for me . Due to the legal situation I can’t give out names of companies but I will continue the story . Later on Thursday Nov 18 After finding out the truck has close to 800 miles I called my broker and he told me the shipping company was not allowed to drive it and he will be in contact with them but I have to be patient . I wait all day and saw that my truck moved from Illinois to around Kansas and went up to almost 1200 miles at around 11 pm here in California . I lost my mind and started calling my broker what’s going on i thought the shipper would stop driving it and he told me they did not contact him back. Finally the “driver” stops driving at around 11:30 pm here and stops at a truck stop in Missouri( ram app gave me location) . I let the broker know his location and to my surprise he tells me he lives 25 mins away from that truck stop and he that he could go out there to put a stop to this chase .(police let him know over the phone they can’t do anything unless I reported it stolen however we chose not to do that ) The broker confirmed with the police before hand that the truck is there so he made the journey up there and got the keys from the driver who he told me looked like he was new to the country and was just a new driver taking orders from the shipping company . He finally surrenders the keys and went his separate way. We assumed that the driver was instructed to bring it here to California which would have been over 3,000 miles which is even crazy to think of .The Broker let’s me know he’s contracted over 5,000 cars to be shipped in his lifetime and has never had anything close to this happen and apologizes and that the shipping will be compensated . Also he let me know know that dispatch and DOT we’ll be alerted of the shipping company so they don’t ship any one else car in the future . My broker has been in possession of my truck since then and due to Thanksgiving break I’m still waiting for it to get shipped out here .
And I thought I had bad luck! What a terrible thing to have happen with your new truck. I am rethinking hiring a shipper and will likely fly and drive back now. That’s if my TRX ever gets built

Reactions: Moe
The app will be wrong in only not reporting current mileage today. It usually runs a few days behind. But it will not report mileage that is non existent. If it showed 700 miles, it could have 1000 miles, but it will not be less than the data it’s already received. This is the observed behavior from the app for my TRX.
This is true the app was showing me 7xx miles that day and hit 1100 later with no in between very laggy

Any chance the "Broker" contacted the "Shipper" after you initiated contact with WTF is going on and had them bring it to him? Seems strange that it was at a truck stop only 25 minutes from him in the middle of a cross country trip (imagine the odds of that happening). I'm thinking the "new to country " driver is who the "Broker" hired to transport your truck. The "Broker" probably put it out for bid and the "new to country driver" was low bidder. All just speculation on my part but if the shipper wasn't returning calls to your "Broker" wonder what driver/transporter would just "surrender" the keys without some sort of relationship? Also, why would the Broker NOT want you to report the truck as STOLEN if it wasn't supposed to be driven? Again speculation on my part but your Broker sounds SHADY as SHIT to me. I would congratulate the Broker on his new purchase or demand one hell of a settlement......say $3-$4 per mile. I'm sure the driver followed proper "break-in" procedures :rolleyes:. I hate that you are having to deal with this instead of being able to get excited about the new truck.. Hold the damned Broker accountable. This whole fiasco is on him! BTW 3-4 bucks a mile will be much cheaper than his legal fees. GOOD LUCK!

I think I’d would get my money back for the shipping, and then congratulate the broker on buying his brand new TRX. No way I’d accept it, especially since they’ve admitted that it should not have happened. Or, I’d accept it, but the trucking company would be compensating me for delivering a USED truck and not the NEW one they were contracted to deliver.

I think I’d would get my money back for the shipping, and then congratulate the broker on buying his brand new TRX. No way I’d accept it, especially since they’ve admitted that it should not have happened. Or, I’d accept it, but the trucking company would be compensating me for delivering a USED truck and not the NEW one they were contracted to deliver.
Agree. DO NOT ACCEPT THE TRUCK until an agreement has been finalized.

I would feel violated. The shipper broke your truck in for you?!? F^ck that.
You would be taking delivery of a used vehicle, not new.
If you do take delivery go through all of the data in Uconnect to see how well a stranger broke your truck in.
Your situation sucks. It is like getting sloppy seconds.

Back