Issue with Shipper

Jester

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Air Force
I just read this. Sorry to hear. I'd lose my fn mind. I was just talking to my kids about whether to fly to Granger's or ship to Denver. I'm flying to Granger's.

The only right thing is a new truck, and that is going to involve a huge pain in the ass. Everyone says get a lawyer, but my experiences have been I shell out 5k+ and nothing happens, unless you want to spend 20-30k to ride through arbitration.

Does the shipper have an insurance company that usually can call? The issue is you need documentation that it wouldn't be driven over x miles.

Can you share the shipper's name or broker for others to avoid?

Teghogh

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
I just confirmed his story with chapman. I was planning on flying out there and picking it up. went to the airport and my flight got canceled. I got a quote to ship the truck from chapman to socal for 1900 which is very reasonable. when I told the sales person ill be having it shipped, he mentioned he recently had a customer in california that had it shipped but the truck was driven for 700 miles. I think that's the OP

Two

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
...he mentioned he recently had a customer in california that had it shipped but the truck was driven for 700 miles.
How would the dealer know that??
No reason for the transporter to report back to the dealer.

Claasicdrive

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
BMW M6
Military
USAF
@Moe give us an update. Dont give us names if you are in litigation but at least tell us how the truck looked and if you took ownership maybe the shippers excuse

APEX TRX

In doubt, throttle out!
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 ZL1 1LE, 1996 Bronco, 2015 Explorer Sport
How would the dealer know that??
No reason for the transporter to report back to the dealer.

Perhaps when the Op called the dealership for more details, they confirmed that the "Shipper" actually drove it off the lot.

Two

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
Perhaps when the Op called the dealership for more details, they confirmed that the "Shipper" actually drove it off the lot.
How would they know how far it was driven, unless the transporter told them where he was going to drive it?
Recently I have driven every vehicle I've bought off the lot...to get to the trailer.

I think it's better to go by facts rather than wild speculation here.

Teghogh

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
How would they know how far it was driven, unless the transporter told them where he was going to drive it?
Recently I have driven every vehicle I've bought off the lot...to get to the trailer.

I think it's better to go by facts rather than wild speculation here.
im not talking about what actually happened. my sales person brought it up when without me asking so the story is atleast not fake.

Two

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
im not talking about what actually happened. my sales person brought it up when without me asking so the story is atleast not fake.
Well, if the salesman told you what the OP told him, without knowing what actually happened, then we don't really know what happened, do we?

Phillytrx

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 trackhawk
The op said he called Chapman and asked what the mileage was when it left there. Chapman told him it had 10 miles on it. The op was able to track his truck via the app and seen the mileage on it and that it had a half tank of gas. There was speculation on the accuracy of the app but we don’t know because the op hasn’t responded to our question.

Two

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
Yes, I'm aware of what has been posted, but it would be so much better if we had facts to go by.
At this point we don't, so it seems to have turned into how the media treats news...take an unverified story and run with it. Then repeat it until people think it's true.

Claasicdrive

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
BMW M6
Military
USAF
Well, if the salesman told you what the OP told him, without knowing what actually happened, then we don't really know what happened, do we?
were you the shipper? looks like you are trying to convinced us that OP was wrong, Dealer was wrong and a 3rd party , Teghogh is wrong as well. Bad morning? 2 ppl involved and a 3rd neural can confirm it. where are you trying to get at?

ZTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
We have not received verification from the op of the actual facts and condition of the truck. For all we know the app is wrong and this is all a big misunderstanding

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton